Snow - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 08-26-2018, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Snow

Not too many reviews or videos on the 15+ in the snow or winter driving! We have a new 18 with Continental tires. Canadian winters here so would like advice!!!
jamesg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 08-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I'm not too sure about your tires because my Platinum came with Bridgestones. I haven't driven them in heavy snow but on light dusting they weren't too bad. I have winter tires and they are obviously much better then the all season. Just keep in mind... moving from a stop is one thing and stopping is another. Its a heavy car, so even with good tires you'll need to give some extra room. Otherwise, it drives well.
vortex is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 08-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Western Canadia
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
Not too many reviews or videos on the 15+ in the snow or winter driving! We have a new 18 with Continental tires. Canadian winters here so would like advice!!!
I'm in the same boat. Wasn't impressed with the stock Bridgestones on Mrs. Penguin's '15 and I've heard the Contis are possibly worse. Comparing her '15 to my 2010 CTS with stock Michelin Pilots I was disappointed.
I'm mentally preparing myself for the potential of replacing the Continentals if I dislike them a lot.

I'm trying to not think about snow yet, though I did see the snowflake icon on the dash last Tuesday near Canmore
The_Penguin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks I am in Calgary. We went from an Escape and the AWD was great with all season but it was RWD slip to FWD. Now it's FWD slip to RWD so not sure how different it is gonna be. Ford seems to use a 50% power ratio when you accelerate from a stop which is good, not sure if Nissan does this or just applies rear on ABS slip notification.
jamesg is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 06:03 AM
Registered User
 
Halwg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Try the Toyo Celsius CUV tire. This got great reviews.


https://www.toyotires.com/tire/patte...onditions-tire

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
Halwg is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Try the Toyo Celsius CUV tire. This got great reviews.


https://www.toyotires.com/tire/patte...onditions-tire
Do yourself a favour and get rid of the original tires and install a set of these.
They're great and are all weather versus all season.
Leave them on all year.
I live in Calgary. Tons of snow last season.
No problems.
Save yourself and your ride.
canuckguy is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 10:40 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Western Canadia
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckguy View Post
Do yourself a favour and get rid of the original tires and install a set of these.
They're great and are all weather versus all season.
Leave them on all year.
I live in Calgary. Tons of snow last season.
No problems.
Save yourself and your ride.
Those look pretty good. Where did you get them? I did a quick search online didn't find any.
Harper's are my usual go-to place for tires. They do carry Toyo, their website doesn't give specifics.
OK Tire doesn't list them.
The_Penguin is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
Those look pretty good. Where did you get them? I did a quick search online didn't find any.
Harper's are my usual go-to place for tires. They do carry Toyo, their website doesn't give specifics.
OK Tire doesn't list them.
Blaskin and Lane
About $1,000
canuckguy is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 08-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: East St. Paul, MB, Canada
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
Thanks I am in Calgary. We went from an Escape and the AWD was great with all season but it was RWD slip to FWD. Now it's FWD slip to RWD so not sure how different it is gonna be. Ford seems to use a 50% power ratio when you accelerate from a stop which is good, not sure if Nissan does this or just applies rear on ABS slip notification.
The 3rd Gen Murano applies AWD from a stop, but not neccessarily 50%. If no slippage is detected it reverts to FWD. If slippage detected applies power to the rears up to 50% as the system deems neccessary.

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
rjardine is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome