2018 - Heated Steering Wheel - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 11-08-2018, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
2018 - Heated Steering Wheel

For those of you in Canada or the US where temperatures are now freezing or below does the heated steering wheel in your 2018 SL (or Platinum, ME or SV) turn on when you remote start your vehicle.

According to the brochure it should but there is no mention of this feature in the manual. I experimented today after the Mo had sat outside for a few hours, the temperature being below freezing. Remote start worked fine and there was airflow from the vents. But while the vehicle is in remote start mode, i.e. have not applied the brake and pressed the start button, the heated steering wheel does not and will not turn on. Once out of remote start mode it can be turned on and warms up very quickly.

Curious to know the experience of others before I head to the dealer.

By comparison all features work as advertised in our 2016 Altima SL.

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-08-2018, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
My 2017 Platinum heated steering wheel turns on when I use the remote start in freezing temps.

Only thing that doesnt seem to turn on are the seats if they are in the off mode. Which is odd because manual says to turn off the heated seats when turning car off but then again they wont heat if the switch is off and remote start is used. Unless mine are broken....
post #3 of 7 Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Why would this turn itself on? Seems like it would stay off for safety reasons.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Why would this turn itself on? Seems like it would stay off for safety reasons.
Why would it stay off for safety reasons? I dont know much about these things so it's a genuine question. I would assume it had temperature sensors and safety switches?
post #5 of 7 Old 11-09-2018, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjardine View Post
For those of you in Canada or the US where temperatures are now freezing or below does the heated steering wheel in your 2018 SL (or Platinum, ME or SV) turn on when you remote start your vehicle.

According to the brochure it should but there is no mention of this feature in the manual. I experimented today after the Mo had sat outside for a few hours, the temperature being below freezing. Remote start worked fine and there was airflow from the vents. But while the vehicle is in remote start mode, i.e. have not applied the brake and pressed the start button, the heated steering wheel does not and will not turn on. Once out of remote start mode it can be turned on and warms up very quickly.

Curious to know the experience of others before I head to the dealer.

By comparison all features work as advertised in our 2016 Altima SL.

Used remote start a few days ago on our 2018 Platinum and the heated steering wheel turned on automatically and even after I got in and started driving it remained on. The temp outside was about 1*C.

I know it hasn't always turned on, I'm assuming it depends on the ambient temperature.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
My 2017 Platinum heated steering wheel turns on when I use the remote start in freezing temps.

Only thing that doesnt seem to turn on are the seats if they are in the off mode. Which is odd because manual says to turn off the heated seats when turning car off but then again they wont heat if the switch is off and remote start is used. Unless mine are broken....

The seats won't turn on because the knobs are manual. They will turn on if you left them on.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My '16 SL turns the wheel heat on in cooler temps when remote started, but as soon as I step on the brake pedal, the heater goes off. Heated seats are only controlled by the switches. No automatic features.

2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Gun Metallic
Bug deflector
Roof crossbars
Cargo protector
Winter floor mats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: