post #16 of 24 Old 11-28-2018, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
More like "come on guys. just use the damn stalk manually."
+10

Really guys, how easy is it to flip a switch instead of having to rely on a system to do it?
Dont tell me you wont notice it is raining?

I love the auto headlight feature, because I believe it is very useful, people forget to turn on their light all the time.

But this is useless tech, and adds complexity, nissan can focus on other important tech to improve on, like their entertainment system.
PaulDay and JeanPierre199 like this.

2015 Nissan Murano SV ( Custom MODS )
- Illuminated kick plate (non OEM added)
- RGB Foot well lightning (multiple colors)
- RGB compartment light (follows foot well lighning and color)
- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Cup Holder LED lightning
- Android head unit
- Custom leather seat cover (red accent)
- Custom floor mat
- superbright LED Dom light
- SGNL superbright 55W 6000K headlight
- Kenwood powered 150W subwoofer
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 11-28-2018, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I donít know where others live, but here in the Midwest a 15 minute drive will many times have me constantly messing with the wipers. Itís really annoying. Itís not just on and off. Itís constantly adjusting the intermittent speeds. Constantly.
post #18 of 24 Old 11-28-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
+10

Really guys, how easy is it to flip a switch instead of having to rely on a system to do it?
Dont tell me you wont notice it is raining?

I love the auto headlight feature, because I believe it is very useful, people forget to turn on their light all the time.

But this is useless tech, and adds complexity, nissan can focus on other important tech to improve on, like their entertainment system.
i agree. I absolutely adore the auto headlight feature. idk what I'd do without it. Auto wipers are cool but it's something else you have to remind yourself to turn off. my dad has it on his truck and before we go into the car wash he has to remind himself to turn it off. Knowing me, I'd forget...

'18 Murano SV AWD Premium Package | Gun Metallic Gray (Current)
'15 Rogue SV AWD Std. Equip'd | Magnetic Black (Former)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I personally enjoyed my Mazda adjusting the rain wiping speed automatically when I drove around. I actually notice now how annoying it is to keep adjusting the wiper stock while driving. Especially because this car costed twice... yes twice as much as my Mazda did. Once again, it is what it is and it's not a deal breaker. But as a consumer you should never just settle. You paid allot of money and should demand the best for it considering the competition has it, and some for less money. Demanding the best for your money drives competition and innovation.
JeanPierre199 likes this.
post #20 of 24 Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Try buying some RainX or similar product - then there's rarely ever a need to even use the wipers. In the summer time I apply that and when it rains I almost never have to turn on the wipers. Those glorious little raindrops (no matter how hard/fast it is raining) just effortlessly roll off and away

2015 Java Metallic Nissan Murano S AWD w/Cashmere Interior
Xenon Depot 35W Xtreme HID 6500K
Xenon Depot LED License Plate Lights and LED Cargo Light
20" Charcoal Machined Platinum Model Rims (Summer)
20" Black Midnight Edition Rims (Winter)
(Front) Rexing V1 Third Generation 4K Dash Cam (Hard-Wired via HomeLink Mirror)
(Rear) Rexing V1 1080p Dash Cam
Customized Rear Emblem Layout
20-Color Footwell Lighting
Aftermarket Android Navigation Head Unit Ownice C500+
3M Window Tints
post #21 of 24 Old 11-29-2018, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierre199 View Post
That's the best thing about the S...the price. You can't beat it. Another good thing is the exterior. Minus the omission of foglights and the rear badging, it's literally the same premium look across the board.
The S is a seriously good value given the default amenities and the fact that it rides on the same suspension bits/has the same motor as the top of the line.

Seems like most Murano buyers (at least the ones in the Tampa Bay area) opt for one end of the spectrum or the other. They go all in, or they go for value. I see base models and Platinums everywhere; relatively few SVs and SLs.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #22 of 24 Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I love the S model. My wife has a Platinum with every option while mine has none. For $25K brand new it cannot be beaten. I feel like a stole it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
The S is a seriously good value given the default amenities and the fact that it rides on the same suspension bits/has the same motor as the top of the line.

Seems like most Murano buyers (at least the ones in the Tampa Bay area) opt for one end of the spectrum or the other. They go all in, or they go for value. I see base models and Platinums everywhere; relatively few SVs and SLs.
My only gripe about the S is the lack of power seats. For the price they're charging for the vehicle, why is that not standard? It's an expensive CUV for goodness sake.

'18 Murano SV AWD Premium Package | Gun Metallic Gray (Current)
'15 Rogue SV AWD Std. Equip'd | Magnetic Black (Former)
post #23 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the comments

My Wife has had rain sensing wipers on ever car or SUV she owned after buying the 2009 Murano.When she buys vehicle she only asks for 3 things, Leather Seats, A nice behind (She loves the duel chrome tailpipes) and the Rain Sensing. I think what made it worse was the salesman told us they were rain sensing wipers! (young guy maybe thought the intermittent wipers were what she was looking for) After she found out the SL didn't have them AFTER we bought it she was even willing to go to top trim Platinum, but found they didn't even have them! She's learning to use the intermittent wipers but being in the Midwest they do suck as they are always needing adjusted.
post #24 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I use to have them................

I think I had them on my 2011 Platinum and they didn't work very well. My 2009 Cadillac STS-4 had them and they worked great! That car also had automatic hi-beam dimming which also worked very well. Somehow I think there maybe legal issues about these items, like maybe GM has a patent on them and if you want them you'll have to buy a GM product, no thanks!

2017.5 SL (Hers)
2016 Platinum
2014 Platinum
2011 Murano LE with Nav
2009 Murano SlL (Hers)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: