2018 Heater ???? - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Mine is the same. I think this is how they are. Not just yours...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
I get in my wifeís and the seat and steering wheel are warm by the time I get to the end of the street. Hot by the time Iím out of the neighborhood and Iím turning them off and down.

@Robotazky
post #18 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I get in my wifeís and the seat and steering wheel are warm by the time I get to the end of the street. Hot by the time Iím out of the neighborhood and Iím turning them off and down.

@Robotazky
Exactly!! I know the intentions of the engineers was to make the heat comfortable and not that ultra hot burning feeling you get from many, but when it is cold out I will take the ultra hot burning feeling over the slow mellow method lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I wonder if it is a leather seat issue? I have a 2018 SV with cloth and love the heated seats. They get warm immediately and I canít keep them on high for very long, they get to warm for me. The low setting is best and I usually switch them off after the cabin gets warm.
mushroomNgrass likes this.
post #20 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 01:33 PM

2018 Heater ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
I wonder if it is a leather seat issue? I have a 2018 SV with cloth and love the heated seats. They get warm immediately and I canít keep them on high for very long, they get to warm for me. The low setting is best and I usually switch them off after the cabin gets warm.

I would describe my wifeís leather seats like yours, but I have cloth with no heat and would assume itís quick and hot if my heaters worked like hers.

@Robotazky
post #21 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
The steering wheel heats up faster than anything, then the seats follow.
post #22 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I believe the leather ones in the platinum come with the heated and cooled seats. It essentially blows hot air from beneath the seat to warm them. The cloth ones are only heated and use the electric blanket. I wish the platinum used the electric blanket for heating. It would be faster and more evenly distributed. My platinum has hot and cold spots.

Some of us are more sensitive to heat then others. So it's difficult to gauge if one works better then the other based on opinion.
andykreb likes this.
post #23 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
My leather seats are very toasty...takes a few minutes to warm up, but then too warm on highest setting. Heat is very even across seat bottom and lower back area. I don’t hear any fan with the heated seats, so think just the ventilation setting blows air.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #24 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Our 2016 SL with auto-start has fast acting seat heaters and steering wheel heater. I put my shoes on after hitting the start button on the fob and by the time I'm in the car, the seats and wheel are toasty. However, the heater is a different story. After driving long enough to fully warm the engine, the heat diminishes considerably.

The ventilation is typically set at defrost/feet, outside air, 72F. and fan speed 2. For the first 10 minutes, its toasty inside. However after 15 minutes, the heat is cranked to 82F and the fan to 4 to try and maintain the toastiness. Outside temp is almost never below 40F or above 50F in these situations.

The inconsistencies in my Murano's ventilation system is making me an unhappy camper!

2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Gun Metallic
Bug deflector
Roof crossbars
Cargo protector
Winter floor mats
post #25 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 11:16 PM

Crazy. I love the Murano AC. I just change the dial maybe 2 degrees and itís always warm or cool as needed. My wife and I think theyíre the best weíve ever had.

@Robotazky
KBrian likes this.
post #26 of 36 Old 01-20-2019, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I was thinking about the heater today in my 2017.5 Murano Platinum. Ever since I got it, it runs too warm. It's a problem in the winter when you're wearing a coat in the car. I run it on auto and have to turn the temp down to 61ļ or 62ļ or I just ROAST. The heat on the floor seems fine; it's all pretty balanced but it's all too hot. I had a '14 Rogue and heat to the floor was definitely inadequate, especially the driver's side. There were just one or two tiny vents and those didn't cut it.

2017 SLAWD Platinum Java/Graphite
post #27 of 36 Old 01-25-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
UPDATE. I just picked up my 18 Murano from the dealership who have had it for 9 days. In a nut shell, they do not find a problem with my heater. I had given them permission for the mechanic to drive it home at night to see what I was talking about. They put 50 miles on it. To be fair in that 9 days they did change the oil as requested and fix a noise around the window. For me, the problem is not something I want to live with and am heading out to trade for another brand with a heater that works. Thanks for all that replied to my question.
post #28 of 36 Old 01-25-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I brought our 18 Murano home from the dealer today. They said the low airflow to the floor was normal because some of the air is diverted through the defrost vents when set on the floor. It still seems like very poor airflow to the floor and a lack of overall heat into the vehicle. We have to set it to 77 and above with temps in the 20's and when set in auto mode the fan is running nearly full blast constantly. Even with that we still don't feel much heat. Much different from the Ford products we own.
post #29 of 36 Old 01-25-2019, 02:45 PM

I'm wondering what is going on. I've had three 3rd gen Muranos and have nothing but good feedback on the HVAC. This is after owning probably 15 cars in the last 10 years. These Muranos are probably the best of all.

I'm just curious if some of you are "lucking out" and something is in fact wrong with just your car. It just doesn't make sense because the complaints are consistent, and unlike many ridiculous forum complaints, these seem real and valid.

It's frustrating to hear because I believe you guys, but I've seen nothing but great heater and A/C performance so far.
KBrian likes this.
post #30 of 36 Old 01-25-2019, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Robo, my question for you is simply, am I expecting too much. Could there be an appreciable difference in the heat output of the Ford Edge we previously had and our new Murano? With the Edge in outside temps of teens or 20's we'd set the inside temp from 70 to 75 and be toasty and comfortable with the fan running very slowly. With the Murano we're setting the temp from 75 to 80 with the fan blasting at or near max and can just get comfortable. There is excellent flow out of the dash vents but I don't want heat blowing at me that way. Maybe you're right and I'm one of the "lucky" ones. The dealer wasn't surprised with my question and his response indicates I'm not the first to complain.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: