User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 36 Old 12-11-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2018 Heater ????

My 2018 Murano heater will not warm your feet. The upper vents blow plenty of heat but there is very little volume and warmth on both sides at your feet. I have had it to the dealer twice and they think it is fine. They use a thermometer to measure heat and say it is fine. There is heat but it doesn't reach my feet. Is this normal with 18 Muranos? I had two Rogues and they were fine.
Thanks for any help.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 12-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Sounds like the doors and vents in the HVAC system aren't opening and closing properly. It's not that you don't have heat, but it's not being routed to the right places. Keep after them, even if they have to take the dash out.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #3 of 36 Old 12-30-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

I would appreciate comments from 2018 owners as to how well their heater works on feet area. I normally run the heater on automatic position. The dealership is no help. I am trying to solve the problem so I can tell them where to look. There is some heat on the floor and you can tell that the fan speeds change but even with the dash ducts closed completely, your upper body gets uncomfortably warm while your feet are cool to cold. I had a 2014 and 2016 Rogue with no problems so I should be able to operate a heater. Thanks for any comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 12-30-2018, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I do notice my feet heat is not as warm as I would like it to be on my 2018 SV. The heated seats roast me. It has taken quite a while to get used to the settings coming from a Jeep Wrangler. I like to use Auto and recirculate mode.
post #5 of 36 Old 12-31-2018, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCDRAPER View Post
I would appreciate comments from 2018 owners as to how well their heater works on feet area. I normally run the heater on automatic position. The dealership is no help. I am trying to solve the problem so I can tell them where to look. There is some heat on the floor and you can tell that the fan speeds change but even with the dash ducts closed completely, your upper body gets uncomfortably warm while your feet are cool to cold. I had a 2014 and 2016 Rogue with no problems so I should be able to operate a heater. Thanks for any comments.
Itís not as much heat directed into the footwell as you gen 2. It is adequate, especially at higher fan speeds, although it would be nice to have additional duct vent down there.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #6 of 36 Old 01-01-2019, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
My 2018 works just fine. I never use the automatic setting, I direct the heat where I want it. I suggest you do the same.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #7 of 36 Old 01-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
My 2018 works just fine. I never use the automatic setting, I direct the heat where I want it. I suggest you do the same.

I do the same all year around as I prefer to choose myself the direction of airflow and fan speed instead of the different sensors! Contrary to the rest of my body (especially my hands), my feet don't get cold but I agree with others that there's not much air coming out of the floor vents even at max speed; I hear the fan but the airflow is not as strong compared to the vents from the dash board or defrost. I think it's simply designed this way, not a defect per se. I've had a vehicle way back that was literally burning my right tibia and I had to modify the floor vent to disperse the heat as it was too concentrated on one spot.

My wife's feet on the other hand get cold easily and she always want more heat on her side...We're all different!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #8 of 36 Old 01-02-2019, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I guess I never realize it as I wear wool socks and boots in the winter. However, to your point, the heat on my 15 Rogue used to seep through my boots and through my socks so my feet were insanely sweaty. But now, not so much. I guess it just hadn't bothered me much. I'll be paying more attention to it these days though.

'18 Murano SV AWD Premium Package | Gun Metallic Gray (Current)
'15 Rogue SV AWD Std. Equip'd | Magnetic Black (Former)
post #9 of 36 Old 01-02-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all for the replies. Sounds like this is a design issue if you try to use the auto mode. If I manual control and run the heat around 80 , I can live with it until I trade. I think this is my last Nissan, mostly because of the way the dealership has blown me off.
post #10 of 36 Old 01-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I keep mine on outside air on auto and the floor heats fine. Maybe make sure itís not on recirculate with auto on when itís running the heat. I think the auto ac on these Muranos is the best Iíve had, and Iíve had a lot of cars with auto ac.
post #11 of 36 Old 01-03-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Our 2018 works really well. I would advise though that my wife does like her side hotter than mine and sometimes we need to get the dual settings a little closer to each other and then it works better. ie having a 4 degree Celsius difference sends more heat to her side than an 8 degree difference, even if her side is set a bit lower than she wants it.
post #12 of 36 Old 01-04-2019, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

That is odd since the dealership said it was best to run it on recirculate since that was about 10 degrees warmer. If i just hit auto it brings in outside air.
post #13 of 36 Old 01-18-2019, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My wife and I drove our new 18 Murano SL home the other evening and noticed the lack of floor heat as some have mentioned. There really is poor air flow to the floor compared to other vehicles we've owned. I tried it on Auto and also controlling the fan speed and the fan has to be up quite a bit to get decent heat. I tried narrowing the gap between settings (since my wife had her side at 80) but that didn't seem to help. I don't like heat blowing out of the dash vents so this is very frustrating. It is now back at the dealership for the front radar issue many have experienced and I've asked them to check on this as well. Seems like adequate air flow should never be an issue. Frustrating!
post #14 of 36 Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Good luck. Mine has been at the dealership for two days for the heater issue. This is the third time. So far they have not acknowledged that there is a problem. They are keeping it this weekend and a technician is going to drive it this week end and see if he sees the issue. I really appreciate the post from others who have this issue. I don't understand why the dealership cannot acknowledge the problem. I made a 4 hour trip last weekend. The outside temp was around 40, I kept the inside temp set on 80 with the dash vents manually shut off and the heater directed to the floor. My feet never really got to warm but I could not have stood any more heat on my upper body even with the dash vents closed.
post #15 of 36 Old 01-19-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
My 2016 has issues with anything that gives off heat. The least expensive vehicles have faster seat warmers than my Platinum. By the time I even remotely can tell the seat is warm I have been driving for over 20 minutes... The steering wheel takes at least 10 minutes before it gets toasty which is OK but by then the vehicle is generally warm anyhow and I turn it off. The lower heat is horrible as mentioned in the thread and I can feel very little around my feet although I know it is coming out. I am pretty sure my vehicle was never made for real winter weather....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: