Oh My Deer! - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 12-15-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Oh My Deer!

8 days before my lease is up...Figures...Last night a good sized buck came flying out of the woods on a back road, he got up and ran off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_093721_1544913198325.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	48336   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_093832_1544913231987.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	48338   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_093710_1544913273715.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	48340   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_093727_1544913331387.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	48342  

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:
'15 Murano Plat AWD w/ Tech Package (Pearl White, Int: Cashmere)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Traded In:
'12 Murano SL AWD (Pearl White, Int: Beige)

Nissan Graveyard (Oct 2012):
'10 Murano SL AWD (Tinted Bronze, Int: Beige)
Premium, Leather, 360 Packages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-15-2018, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Our good friend Halwg can relate to that. He had a similar encounter a few months ago but his vehicle was brand new...Ouch!

Just curious, are you getting another Murano?

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Well, that's what car insurance is for. Glad you were not hurt.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-15-2018, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Yea if it had been brand new, that really would have hurt...and yes everyone was good which is the main thing (btw the Mo took it like a champ, really didnt even feel the hit when it happened).

Had reservations about yet another Mo, mainly after hearing about radar and other issues, was going to pickup something a little smaller, Mazda CX5 GT, but my wifes lease was up last month, and it looks like she is taking a new job w a company car, so I'll be getting her Rogue, which isn't close to my 1st choice, but will be fine for a few years

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Traded In:

post #5 of 14 Old 12-17-2018, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Well, I tried to upload some pics here but never worked and site went awful slow.

Anyway, that had got to be the worse. I only paid my insurace $500 for the repairs on mine... but it didn't do a lot of damage either. This happened back in March, just about 7 months after having my first Murano. Ow. The deer won't stop running to my Mo so I had no choice other than slowing down too much but there were guard rails and at night. That deer is still alive too.

https://i.gyazo.com/d8e5b8a4cc5d7654...5fcf742088.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/94f1a34205cc2a86...f16f46cf68.jpg

I got my first SUV in August 2017, an 2010 Murano LE!

post #6 of 14 Old 12-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
That sucks. There's a patch on the main road around here without street lights and deer are constantly crossing there (of course...). I came within inches of turning one into roadkill a few years ago. Since then, I keep the high beams on while driving that road at night, as does most of the neighborhood now. The people who live over there love us.

Hell, there's actually a dead deer carcass on the side of the road over there right now. Some guy in a pickup smacked one last night.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #7 of 14 Old 12-18-2018, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
wow!
that's a lot of damage..how fast were you going?
Glad both of you are ok.

They have signs here on the highway saying "Deer season", but they come out of nowhere, specially at night, i almost hit one last time going 75mph

Quote:
(btw the Mo took it like a champ, really didnt even feel the hit when it happened).
that's because you hit a moving object that was much lighter than the car, had it been a car it would have been another story. Heard the murano did not do well in crash test rating

2015 Nissan Murano SV ( Custom MODS )
- Illuminated kick plate (non OEM added)
- RGB Foot well lightning (multiple colors)
- RGB compartment light (follows foot well lighning and color)
- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Cup Holder LED lightning
- Android head unit
- Custom leather seat cover (red accent)
- Custom floor mat
- superbright LED Dom light
- SGNL superbright 55W 6000K headlight
- Kenwood powered 150W subwoofer
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning
post #8 of 14 Old 12-18-2018, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
You never hit a deer...the deer always hits you. Yeah, my 2018 was brand new at the time. Took a while to get the adaptive cruise sensor in to get mine fixed. Hopefully yours will get fixed quicker.

Trade on a 2019.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #9 of 14 Old 12-23-2018, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
https://www.facebook.com/healthynhap...A&__tn__=EHH-R

Very "ŗ propos"!!!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #10 of 14 Old 12-28-2018, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Halwg- Definately sux when it happens...

Assad- prob 30 mph, only had a split sec on the brakes and steered as close to road edge as could without hitting stuff...

Well its past the 24th (lease end), there is a 10 day grace from Nissan leasing they give, past that I will need to "rent" the car for another month, which I will have to do as the car is still in the shop and no parts in yet.

Unfortunately went a diff direction this time (this was my 3rd Mo), and picked up a 2018 Mazda cx5 GT, with HUD and traffic sign recognition (high on tech comparatively overall), but also last night had been shopping around for my 90 yr old grandfather (still very sharp and drives approx 17k miles/yr still), and he bought a 2018 Murano S, White w dark cloth, sticker was 34200, I was able to get it for him for 25780, he went for a ride in mine awhile back and said it reminded him of what a caddy ride wise, he loved it. At least one will still be around I can enjoy when I visit him

Thanks everyone, hopefully will be back in the family another time down the road, I just wanted a change

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:

Traded In:

post #11 of 14 Old 12-29-2018, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Side note I just had to add about the Mo for my grandfather, we went back to the dealership last night to give the bank check, trade in title, and pickup the Mo, this is after signing paperwork and deposit the night before, and before handing those over, realized looking at the P&S either the dealership intentionally overcharged him $1500 or something less international had occured (we will just leave it as miscommunication internally at that dealership).

Long/short was they finally did the right thing (after much civil but heated exchanges) as original specific communications with a specific price, via text, from the internet manager were captured on both sides, and my 90 yr old grandfather walked out of there a new Mo owner. I dont want to buy/help buy a new car again for awhile, that experience was the worst, but I wanted the best deal for him so stuck it out.

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:

Traded In:

post #12 of 14 Old 12-29-2018, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVelle View Post
Side note I just had to add about the Mo for my grandfather, we went back to the dealership last night to give the bank check, trade in title, and pickup the Mo, this is after signing paperwork and deposit the night before, and before handing those over, realized looking at the P&S either the dealership intentionally overcharged him $1500 or something less international had occured (we will just leave it as miscommunication internally at that dealership).

Long/short was they finally did the right thing (after much civil but heated exchanges) as original specific communications with a specific price, via text, from the internet manager were captured on both sides, and my 90 yr old grandfather walked out of there a new Mo owner. I dont want to buy/help buy a new car again for awhile, that experience was the worst, but I wanted the best deal for him so stuck it out.
I totally hear you.

I got my fully loaded Murano after inquiring about an internet ad for a 2017 Murano Platinum dealer demo for a great price. Called the dealer and set an appointment for the next day after verifying the lot number of the car and price.

After starting the paper work, I happened to ask about one of the Platinum features and the salesman then tells me that this is a S model, stripped down. Well I had printed out their internet ad and after pulling it out and showing it to him, with matching lot numbers, he tried to claim that the dealership hadn't posted the ad. I called bull**** and started claiming that this was a switch and bait, and I'd be seeking legal action. He quite literally ran from the room. After several minutes he came back with one of the head honcho who asked what he could do to resolve the issue.

I'd already been shopping and been quoted a price on a Platinum without any extras with a dealer by my house. I gave the manager the dealership name and saleswoman's name and quote. He left and left us sitting for a good 10 minutes. Came back in and told me that he would beat the other dealers price by 1K, BUT I had to take a Murano Platinum that was a special order that had just been delivered the day before, but the order had been canceled.

Brought my wife and I out to the car and the sticker price was $50 less the 50K. Chrome rims, all mats and such, extra foot lighting and several other things. Dealer added a glass coat finish, 1 year Nissan Connect and a year of SirisXM. With taxes and a gold warranty, I was out the door for a little less the 42K. The manager even had the salesman drive to my house (48 miles one way) the next day to drive me back to pick up the Murano.

Since then, I've moved local to the dealer and I'm treated like gold every time I've gone in.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #13 of 14 Old 01-15-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

My 2015 received back from the shop this past Friday, then dropped at the dealer on Saturday for the lease return, had to "rent" it for an additional month through Nissan.

Total insurance repair, $8500, all on the surface for damage, nothing deeper...I do miss the better ride of the Mo, but love the tech in the Mazda.

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:

Traded In:

post #14 of 14 Old 01-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Had one run headfirst into my door last winter. 2 lane road with woods on both sides. Traffic in front; traffic behind. I had nowhere to go so I just watched it happen (like Halwg said). I watched him spin away in my side view mirror and kept on my un-merry way. Damage was localized to just my door - though I passed of an old ding in the passenger door as antler damage. Insureance covered it all. They just re-skined the drivers door.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: