2015 platinum murano - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Botlfed98
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2015 platinum murano

Can anyone give me some advice on the 2015 murano? I have been looking into three 2015 platinums with low mileage and just looking for some advice on what to look for prior to purchasing. I do not want to get stuck with a lemon that I will be paying thru the ass for. I currently have an 05 and I just dont know what to look for in regards to the newer ones. Thanks in advance!
Dlambert22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Registered User
 
Robotaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Carfax

@Robotazky
Robotaz is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 12:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlambert22 View Post
Can anyone give me some advice on the 2015 murano? I have been looking into three 2015 platinums with low mileage and just looking for some advice on what to look for prior to purchasing. I do not want to get stuck with a lemon that I will be paying thru the ass for. I currently have an 05 and I just dont know what to look for in regards to the newer ones. Thanks in advance!


just curious why you are set on a 2015? I usually try to stay away from first year production models and have heard that advice numerous times. I figured after a year or two they usually work out any potential issues/bugs they might have had in the first year. I picked up a 2017 for $16k clean carfax and seemed to be priced around the same as 2015-2016s.


Just my .02
AltimaNEO and PaulDay like this.
Botlfed98 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have been researching this suv for a while now. I recently bought a 2015 Black Platinum AWD + Tech Package Murano 31K miles. Black interior. The price is $24,596 that is the sales price with no taxes or anything. The out the door price with taxes etc was around $26,400. Clean car fax personal lease. This car is not Nissan certified.


I choose the 2015 because I wanted the AWD + Tech package because of the price compared to a newer model year with those specs. The average price I was seeing for that package and similar miles was around $26,000. For a 2016/2017 it was around $28,000. The 2018 was around $34,000. For the price differences between the suv it did not make any sense for me to spend more money for basically a newer model year with apple/android carplay.



Carfax + Consumer reports gave me the confidence that the 2015 was reliable. Also there is a 60K mile power train warranty. The only thing I really seen was when people first bought this car when it was released they would get the computer reprogrammed to take care of shifting issues. Also I seen in Carfax a very similar issue was ABS replacement and some kind of transaxel replacement. These 2 items were very similar on the 2016 nissan maxima I was researching. I went with the suv because of space and having a kid this year.



You can buy nissan certified and get a longer powertrain warranty that comes with it being certified. I would take it on the highway and make sure the seat and steering wheel do not shake. I read in other forums that can be a problem. I did test drive a 2015 SL + tech package and it had that problem. The price was right but I passed on it because of that issue. Hope this helps.

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD + Tech Package
bk3939 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botlfed98 View Post
just curious why you are set on a 2015? I usually try to stay away from first year production models and have heard that advice numerous times. I figured after a year or two they usually work out any potential issues/bugs they might have had in the first year. I picked up a 2017 for $16k clean carfax and seemed to be priced around the same as 2015-2016s.


Just my .02
Well to answer your question on why I am looking at the 2015's is simply because I figure that whatever kinks they had when they were first pushed out to the dealers should be all worked out by now. And also I am not willing to dump nearly 40000 dollars here in Ct on a 17 or 18 because the value just isnt there for me . Even though it would be nice to be the only one to be putting miles on it. Plus it is a little bit cheaper going with the 2015 platinum . Just wondering if there are any significant issues with this model year that I have not found online yet. So any and all info that you all can pass on would be greatly appreciated. And any tips on how to dwindle down these sticky dealers here would be even more appreciated because the kbb listing is significantly less then what there selling them for which to me is astronomical
Dlambert22 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 05:18 PM
Registered User
 
Robotaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
You can get a brand new 2018/2019 top of the line for $35-$38K. Your prices seem off to me.

@Robotazky
Robotaz is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Registered User
 
PaulDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
You can get a brand new 2018/2019 top of the line for $35-$38K. Your prices seem off to me.

@Robotazky
He's pretty much on the money for used cars here in CT.


When I need a used car I shop for a two year off lease, which usually has less then 30K miles, with a clean car fax. I've found that if I widen my search area by 100 miles I'll usually get the same car for about 5% to 10% less down in NJ and lower NY then in CT, well worth the trip.


I've only had one bad trip. Just thoroughly research the dealer before proceeding past the shopping stage.


Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
PaulDay is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Registered User
 
Robotaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDay View Post
He's pretty much on the money for used cars here in CT.


When I need a used car I shop for a two year off lease, which usually has less then 30K miles, with a clean car fax. I've found that if I widen my search area by 100 miles I'll usually get the same car for about 5% to 10% less down in NJ and lower NY then in CT, well worth the trip.


I've only had one bad trip. Just thoroughly research the dealer before proceeding past the shopping stage.


Have a good day.


I canít tolerate such circumstances. Iíd just fly somewhere for $500 and save $5000.

@Robotazky
Robotaz is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-22-2019, 07:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
My 2017 has had a lot more issues then my coworkers 2015. I actually got this thing because a coworker of mine was praising his so much. So in general, yes I agree the first year of a new model isnt a good idea, but from my experience and the experience of many on this forum, it doesn't matter which year you get. Some of us with 2018 are having ICC issues but for the most part the 2015 owners aren't experiencing it.
vortex is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome