Hoping to add horsepower - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hoping to add horsepower

I have a 2015 Nissan Murano SV AWD and I was hoping to add some horsepower. Does anyone know if there are any turbo kits out there or any tuning companies out there that do ECU Tunes? I'm hoping for some luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I've seen some folk adding HP by putting Ferrari stickers in their Civics. Might work for Murano.

Other then that I'm out of ideas. Just keep in mind. Any alteration you make other then an air filter, you might be on the hook for it if your engine or transmission blows. Dont think for a minute that Nissans customer service will provide you with a complimentary repair if they have the opportunity to shift the blame on you. These transmissions aren't very strong. If you start cranking up the power then you also crank up the force being put onto them.

It would be nice to have a bit more power, but maybe its rated so low in order to keep it light on the tranny...
post #3 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
The Murano is just not a tuner's car. Even if you could find stuff made for the Maxima, it probably won't fit under the hood. And turbos? Where would they go? Even if you could eek out a few more horsepower, you'd hardly notice a difference in the Murano and the CVT is not exactly a transmission that's known for being tolerant to a fair amount of abuse (...neither is the transfer case for that matter).

If you want to tune, buy an old 370Z with a 6 speed manual and go for it. Leave the Murano for driving Miss
Daisy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a 2007 model. When I got it, all of the plastic air intake in front of the air filter housing had been removed, and an aftermarket stainless steel exhaust had been installed (I bet the old one rusted off!). I don't know how much faster it is, but it sure SOUNDS more powerful! hehe... Mine also says that even though it will run on regular 87 octane gas, it actually should make more power if I want to pay the extra for Premium gas.

2007 Nissan Murano S
post #5 of 5 Old 03-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
You'll be looking at $6,000 for a new transmission. That's why the Murano doesn't get the 300 hp version of the 3.5L. The CVT won't handle the additional power and torque. Sell the Murano and buy a Dodge Durango or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: