Driver Side Window doesn't work sometimes - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Driver Side Window doesn't work sometimes

2015 Murano Platinum awd - The driver side windows does not work sometimes and it seems to come off the tracks and then back on the track. I took it to a shop and they took the door a part and seemed to fix the issue but now its back again. So when the window is all the way down its fine. When I hit the auto up feature it goes up about 5 inches and then it goes back down. It seems to jump off the track a little cause the window moves a little then goes back on track. Now that its warm out today 60 the window is working fine. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be.

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD + Tech Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I've got the exact same issue. I read a review online where a reviewer said their review Murano had issues with the windows as well. I'm going to take mine apart during the summer and see if I can fix it. When its cold outside my windows work really slow and have the same issue with only going up a bit then back down.

If anyone had this issue and fixed it, would be good to hear how it was done.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi we also face this problem sometime but our Car towing services company's trucks but after some modification we got the solution you can find your answer here hopefully it will help
hopefully it will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yep mines (2015 AWD Platinum) doing the exact same thing. Just started doing it about 3 weeks ago and it's just occassionally. Funny . . . .

2015 Nissan Murano AWD Java Metallic with tech package, carpeted floor mats and cargo protector, splash guards, illuminated kick plates, interior accent lighting, and cargo package
post #5 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply's its been warm out so its been working. I still notice it jumps off the track a little and goes back on track after a certain point. I'm just hoping this thing does not fail when my warranty runs out. I have 4,000 miles left on my warranty from the place where I bought the car.

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD + Tech Package
post #6 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Usually, if you have complained about an item and there has been a ticket made on it, even if the warranty runs out they will treat it a warranty. USUALLY.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woossh48 View Post
Usually, if you have complained about an item and there has been a ticket made on it, even if the warranty runs out they will treat it a warranty. USUALLY.
This is Nissan we are talking about.... you know... the same company who released faulty CVT and made their customers pay thousands out of warranty despite knowing issues. Some of these customers only 1000km out of warranty. Then install a new one, give you a 12 month warranty and only for it to fail days after warranty expires. They needed to be sued in order to budge a bit on helping out with the costs...

I'm not saying other manufacturers are better. It's just that Nissan doesnt necessarily have a good track record with helping customers out after warranty.

And if that is truly the case that anything complained about during warranty is covered outside of warranty then I'm heading into Nissan tomorrow and complaining about everything just to have it covered for when it does break.

What I'm getting at is, get it fixed while it's under warranty. Dont rely on Nissans customer service later on....
post #8 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
This is Nissan we are talking about.... you know... the same company who released faulty CVT and made their customers pay thousands out of warranty despite knowing issues. Some of these customers only 1000km out of warranty. Then install a new one, give you a 12 month warranty and only for it to fail days after warranty expires. They needed to be sued in order to budge a bit on helping out with the costs...

I'm not saying other manufacturers are better. It's just that Nissan doesnt necessarily have a good track record with helping customers out after warranty.

And if that is truly the case that anything complained about during warranty is covered outside of warranty then I'm heading into Nissan tomorrow and complaining about everything just to have it covered for when it does break.

What I'm getting at is, get it fixed while it's under warranty. Dont rely on Nissans customer service later on....
My 2003 had the CVT dreaded rev with no movement when hot, then would shoot forward. Started at 60K, dealer replaced MAP sensor. Reported it at 75k, 92k, 103k all dealer documented and no issues ever found, sorry can't help you. Nissan had extended the CVT warranty 120K because of this very issue.

At 127K my transfer case crapped the bed and it had to be flat bedded to the dealer. It sat for three weeks while I decided if I wanted to dump 3.8K to replace the transfer case considering the CVT had been acting up. I finally bit the bullet and they replaced the transfer case.

When I picked up the car, the service manager pulled me aside and told me that I needed to call him in a week and they were going to replace the CVT on their dime. I was a little surprised, considering the CVT was 7k past Nissan's extended warranty. He said it was covered, I just needed to make the appointment and he needed a week to get the replacement CVT.

When I picked up the Murano after the CVT was replaced, the service manager had me outside while waiting for the tech to bring the car around. Seems that the tech left the car running for a good 30 minutes after replacing the transfer case in the service bay. It had heated up pretty good and when he went to pull out the engine revved, but the CVT didn't, but then the CVT caught and shot the car forward. Almost took out two other cars and another tech. Guess the tech had never had it happen to him.

After looking at my service record and seeing that I had complained about the CVT issue multiple times, that it would have left them open to a lawsuit if I got into an accident because of this issue. It was more about protecting their butts, but by documenting the problem, it really saved my butt.

Have a good day.

PS My 2003 is still going strong at 190K and my grandson is still loving it.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #9 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDay View Post
Quote:

My 2003 had the CVT dreaded rev with no movement when hot, then would shoot forward. Started at 60K, dealer replaced MAP sensor. Reported it at 75k, 92k, 103k all dealer documented and no issues ever found, sorry can't help you. Nissan had extended the CVT warranty 120K because of this very issue.

At 127K my transfer case crapped the bed and it had to be flat bedded to the dealer. It sat for three weeks while I decided if I wanted to dump 3.8K to replace the transfer case considering the CVT had been acting up. I finally bit the bullet and they replaced the transfer case.

When I picked up the car, the service manager pulled me aside and told me that I needed to call him in a week and they were going to replace the CVT on their dime. I was a little surprised, considering the CVT was 7k past Nissan's extended warranty. He said it was covered, I just needed to make the appointment and he needed a week to get the replacement CVT.

When I picked up the Murano after the CVT was replaced, the service manager had me outside while waiting for the tech to bring the car around. Seems that the tech left the car running for a good 30 minutes after replacing the transfer case in the service bay. It had heated up pretty good and when he went to pull out the engine revved, but the CVT didn't, but then the CVT caught and shot the car forward. Almost took out two other cars and another tech. Guess the tech had never had it happen to him.

After looking at my service record and seeing that I had complained about the CVT issue multiple times, that it would have left them open to a lawsuit if I got into an accident because of this issue. It was more about protecting their butts, but by documenting the problem, it really saved my butt.

Have a good day.

PS My 2003 is still going strong at 190K and my grandson is still loving it.
Well I stand corrected. There is hope....
post #10 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Well I stand corrected. There is hope....
I've been documenting the radar drop out issue. Three visits to the dealer documented, with the last one having a picture as proof texted to the service manager.

This last time I made the service manager document the issue and my concern that failure of the system at the wrong time can cause a serious accident or death. Nissan could be considered libel if they continue to ignore the issue and someone gets killed from the system dropping out suddenly and without warning, which is exactly what happens.

45MPH, in a pack of cars suddenly slowing down, you feel the speed falling off, then suddenly as you feel the car surge forward, the system dings and flashes a warning on the dash that the system is off. You want to talk about almost making a panic move. Almost slammed on the brakes, which I'm sure would have caused someone to rear end me. Not a good feeling.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #11 of 11 Old 03-14-2019, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk3939 View Post
2015 Murano Platinum awd - The driver side windows does not work sometimes and it seems to come off the tracks and then back on the track. I took it to a shop and they took the door a part and seemed to fix the issue but now its back again. So when the window is all the way down its fine. When I hit the auto up feature it goes up about 5 inches and then it goes back down. It seems to jump off the track a little cause the window moves a little then goes back on track. Now that its warm out today 60 the window is working fine. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be.
Have the same issue (2017.5) I find if I push the button to open the window (even if it’s already open) then pull up to close, it will. It’s almost like a re set.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: