OEM Glass tint uv vlt specifications - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
OEM Glass tint uv vlt specifications

anyone happen to know the pertinent specs (e.g., tint %, uv rejection, visible light transmittance and/or etc) for our oe glass (i.e., windshield, front doors, rear doors & rear hatch)? over on the 2nd gen forum, there's a sticky with this info but I haven't been able to find this information here (or on internet in general) for the 3rd gens and the 3rd gen glass appears different from what was on the 2nd gen. i'm still waiting to here from dealer but don't believe that they'll deliver. thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's colored glass. It serves no purpose other than to darken the windows. If you want UV and heat rejection, get actual window tint.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-13-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmatthews8 View Post
It's colored glass. It serves no purpose other than to darken the windows. If you want UV and heat rejection, get actual window tint.

most of what you wrote is just wrong and you didn't address what the post was looking for. it's NOT just colored glass that darkens the windows; it (especially the windshield) blocks most/nearly all uv. "actual window tint" as most often used by the un / il-informed does little for heat rejection; window film that blocks ir is required.

hoping someone else actually has some correct information that address my original post. again, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-13-2019, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Don't know what type or kind of window tint is sold where you live, but in my area we use Llumar CTX tint. CTX 30 film blocks 51% of heat and 99.9% of UV. On windshields we use Lumar AIR80 clear film which blocks 43% of heat and 99.9% of UV. You can argue with me all you like, but what I'm telling you is straight from the manufacturer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: