User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 04-17-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2016 - Album Art

I just bought a 2016 Murano.

I have some music on a USB stick. I have one folder for each album. In each folder, I have the mp3 files of the music and a jpg file of the album art. The music plays fine, but the album art doesn't display. Does anyone here know what I can do to get the album art to display (if anything) - my dealer can't figure it out. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I think the album art has to be embedded into the MP3 itself.

I havent tried playing music off a USB stick at all, though. I mostly stream through bluetooth, and I havent gotten any album art from that either, even though its on there.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2019, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I would not waste much time on it. 85% of my music shows album art but you can barely see it. It shows up in the top right. Itís about the size of a toonie.

2016 Murano SL with Bose speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I agree that it is not very useful as graphics is very small in the top right corner. If you want it, try naming the file cover.jpg or folder.jpg (don't remember which one will work - just experiment). Also, I think embedding graphics into mp3 files will make it display those too.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-23-2019, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Yeah, buy the way, heres how it shows up. So worthless!

Youd expect it to be front and center like it does on iTunes or something.

post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2019, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sm91,

I downloaded a free program named Mp3tag. Just Google the name, you will find the creators website. I can't post the link since I am new here it won't let me yet. The album art is indeed imbedded in the .mp3 file. With Mp3tag, you can download the album art through a couple of sites within the program, or I found that in most cases, I would find the info about the artist and the album via Google search, and most of the time on wikipedia, they have an image of the album cover art. So you can right click the image, download it to a folder, then right click on the box within the program for the file you are working on, and add the album art. The program is very easy to use, once you get the hang of it. The program will show all the info that is within the .mp3 file, such as title, artist, composer etc. You can edit those too. And example, if your .mp3 file for a song came from a Greatest Hits CD, you can google the song, find out the album it originally was released on, update the release date, album name, then install that albums art. If the Greatest Hits album art is already showing, you can delete that and add the new art. I find it displays better, more clear than some of the original art the was originally embedded in the file. But in the photo that AltimaNEO has posted above, that is how it is displayed, even on my 2019 Murano.

Donster

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: