Nissan Murano Forum banner

Looking to buy a 19 Murano SL premium - auto braking questions

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  assad 
#1 ·
Hello, I am looking to purchase a 19 Murano SL premium package, and have a few questions.

When I went to test drive the vehicle it would not brake automatically when at parking speeds going forward but would brake automatically reversing. A buddy of a mine has a 18 rogue with the same features and his automatically brakes going forward while in parking speeds.

Can anyone explain how the automatic braking is supposed to work? Which one is correct and is there a definitive explanation anywhere (other than Nissan) of how the differences in automatic braking work?

Thanks

#6 ·
Muranoman19,

I just leased a 2019 Murano SL AWD, and it had the added optional SL Technology Package which adds the AEB/PAEB. You do have to be moving at a minimum speed of 3 MPH for the system to work. I have to admit that I haven't tried to see if it is working, because if it wasn't, I don't want to hit anything/anyone. However, you CAN TURN IT ON AND OFF. So make sure you go into settings, driver assistance, select emergency brake, select front to see if it is turned on. You toggle the OK button on the steering wheel to switch it on or off.

I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.