Looking to buy a 19 Murano SL premium - auto braking questions - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By AltimaNEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 04-18-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looking to buy a 19 Murano SL premium - auto braking questions

Hello, I am looking to purchase a 19 Murano SL premium package, and have a few questions.

When I went to test drive the vehicle it would not brake automatically when at parking speeds going forward but would brake automatically reversing. A buddy of a mine has a 18 rogue with the same features and his automatically brakes going forward while in parking speeds.

Can anyone explain how the automatic braking is supposed to work? Which one is correct and is there a definitive explanation anywhere (other than Nissan) of how the differences in automatic braking work?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-18-2019, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Why would you want this feature?

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #3 of 9 Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Why would you want this feature?
If you could kindly stick to the question asked. If you cannot help in anyway please be kind enough to allow room for others to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranoman19 View Post
If you could kindly stick to the question asked. If you cannot help in anyway please be kind enough to allow room for others to.
I am truly interested in why this is a desirable feature. At low speeds it would seem to be both a hindrance and a safety issue. Where is this feature desirable? I await your answer.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #5 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

And here I thought this was a knowledge forum.

What a mistake.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello, I am looking to purchase a 19 Murano SL premium package, and have a few questions.

When I went to test drive the vehicle it would not brake automatically when at parking speeds going forward but would brake automatically reversing. A buddy of a mine has a 18 rogue with the same features and his automatically brakes going forward while in parking speeds.

Can anyone explain how the automatic braking is supposed to work? Which one is correct and is there a definitive explanation anywhere (other than Nissan) of how the differences in automatic braking work?

Thanks
Muranoman19,

I just leased a 2019 Murano SL AWD, and it had the added optional SL Technology Package which adds the AEB/PAEB. You do have to be moving at a minimum speed of 3 MPH for the system to work. I have to admit that I haven't tried to see if it is working, because if it wasn't, I don't want to hit anything/anyone. However, you CAN TURN IT ON AND OFF. So make sure you go into settings, driver assistance, select emergency brake, select front to see if it is turned on. You toggle the OK button on the steering wheel to switch it on or off.

I hope this helps.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
I am truly interested in why this is a desirable feature. At low speeds it would seem to be both a hindrance and a safety issue. Where is this feature desirable? I await your answer.
Halwg,

I guess it is just how you perceive the system. I believe it is a good system. Suppose you are in a parking lot, driving at 5 MPH, the suns glare is reflecting off your hood into your eyes, and some little kid comes running from between parked cars in front of you. The vehicle being able to pick up that child via its camera and radar and apply the brakes, when you couldn't see that child, could save that child's life. Or a car backing out of a parking space in front of you that you couldn't see. And that driver has no insurance. And you hit him/her. You probably know what a major pain in the butt even a small auto accident is. Having the feature could save you thousands of dollars in repairs alone to your car. Yes, you have insurance, but usually you have a deductible to pay. The time spent, dealing with the hassles that go along with an accident, getting estimates, rental car, the list goes on and on. And the costs to repair these cars, even a minor accident can be unbelievable. My sister slid head on into a semi-trailer, under icy conditions. She has a 2018 Buick Envision. Front bumper, grill, headlight assemblies, hood and one front fender had to be replaced, the sensors replaced, painting etc. $6600! And she was able to drive the car home. No damage to the semi of course. In fact he didn't even know she hit him. Or at least he acted like it, because when the light changed to green he just drove on down the road. Probably didn't want the hassle of writing a accident report, taking the hour or so to deal with it, when it wasn't his fault, etc.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-20-2019, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:

What a mistake.

In fairness, its not a knowledge forum, its a discussion forum between Murano owners. A lot of us know jack **** about the car aside from our own experiences with it.
rjardine likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-21-2019, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltimaNEO View Post
Quote:

What a mistake.

In fairness, its not a knowledge forum, its a discussion forum between Murano owners. A lot of us know jack **** about the car aside from our own experiences with it.
+1
Truly...

2015 Nissan Murano SV ( Custom MODS )
- Illuminated kick plate (non OEM added)
- RGB Foot well lightning (multiple colors)
- RGB compartment light (follows foot well lighning and color)
- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Cup Holder LED lightning
- Android head unit
- Custom leather seat cover (red accent)
- Custom floor mat
- superbright LED Dom light
- SGNL superbright 55W 6000K headlight
- Kenwood powered 150W subwoofer
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: