3Likes
  • 1 Post By user8
  • 2 Post By nightcap965

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Have any of you Platinum owners ever consider upgrading?

To an Infinity? I was looking at the 2019 Platinum's and the sticker is now over $46,000. I always lease so driving something different for 3 years isn't that long of a time. Plus Nissan almost always pulls me out a few months before the term is up, as long as I re-lease with them again.

2017.5 SL (Hers)
2016 Platinum
2014 Platinum
2011 Murano LE with Nav
2009 Murano SlL (Hers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling guy View Post
To an Infinity? I was looking at the 2019 Platinum's and the sticker is now over $46,000. I always lease so driving something different for 3 years isn't that long of a time. Plus Nissan almost always pulls me out a few months before the term is up, as long as I re-lease with them again.
I mean your going to get a different body style but engine wise its the same engines we share interior it has its slight differences but almost not noticeable. I had a 2009 QX56 VS my friends 2010 Armada and we shared a few differences. I did notice that in our case on the armada you have the option to buy cheaper with less equipment and the higher the trim u go the closer it gets to the base model of the Infinity so i figured Infinity base model is Nissan middle package. My qx56 came standard with auto leveling HID meanwhile the armada comes standard yellow lights unless u upgrade. I mean its really hard justifying paying more just for a badge honestly. Now if you said lets upgrade to a Toyota thats a different story or even a Lexus (same thing) just more on the luxury side. I always looked at Nissan as sportier version Infinity re badge luxury. If you lease it, it shouldn't be much of difference if you jump up to a Infinity in my case i buy my cars and i have to justify having the nicer badge.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
I cross shopped the QX50 but couldn’t justify the extra $10k for a slightly nicer vehicle.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I dont really like the styling of the Infintiti SUVs. They look like theyre trying to hard to stick to some design motif.

Quality wise, are they really that much nicer than the Murano Platinum? At least for a QX50.

Then theres repair and maintentance costs associated with a luxury brand over a household brand like Nissan.

Also, I wonder how well that variable compression 2 liter 4 banger compares with the V6 in ours? Part of why I wanted a Murano over a Rogue (or the Juke, which I really wanted) was the torque. A big car with an anemic 4 banger just gets annoying to drive.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Why buy an Infiniti if you can get something much better for the same price....

Infiniti is Nissan with a luxury badge. Let's face it. No Nissan product is worth more than a Murano (except GTR). Doesnt matter if it's a Nissan badge or Infiniti.

Sure 20 years ago Infiniti was solid. Now it's not...

As mentioned above. The new variable compression engine isnt proven reliable yet. Their other offering is a 20 year old VQ engine, which is fine for lower end Nissan but not in a luxury car at this day and age.

Plus Infiniti is really behind the game in terms of tech and reliability. Check out the competition...

I must say. I really do like the look of them though. Infiniti and Audi top my list in terms of looks.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
If I were in the market I'd get a '19 Platinum with all the trimmings and call it a day. Pretty much no point in the QX50 over the Platinum these days especially with their outdated dual screen center stack.
PaulDay likes this.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #7 of 13 Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I too looked into it when I bought the Murano back in 2015. At that time, I did not see any big difference between Nissan and Infiniti. Well maybe the body style, but technology wise, same stuff. Can't justify paying more on something that is the same with a slightly different look. I got burned once with this already, not again.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-14-2019, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nope. My needs, in order, were comfort, safety, and technology. A “luxury” badge was never part of the equation.

I had a 2006 Murano which was the most comfortable, solid, reliable car I ever had. Traded it in on a 2015 Rogue believing that I wouldn’t be driving that much in retirement. Found it to be uncomfortable and anemic. There are very short on-ramps on the Mid-Cape, and I got tired of hearing the hamsters complaining as I tried to bring it up to speed. My 2018 Murano Platinum is again the most comfortable, solid, reliable car I’ve ever had. Bring on the road trips!
PaulDay and MuranoSL2003 like this.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-14-2019, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcap965 View Post
Nope. My needs, in order, were comfort, safety, and technology. A “luxury” badge was never part of the equation.

I had a 2006 Murano which was the most comfortable, solid, reliable car I ever had. Traded it in on a 2015 Rogue believing that I wouldn’t be driving that much in retirement. Found it to be uncomfortable and anemic. There are very short on-ramps on the Mid-Cape, and I got tired of hearing the hamsters complaining as I tried to bring it up to speed. My 2018 Murano Platinum is again the most comfortable, solid, reliable car I’ve ever had. Bring on the road trips!
I know those on ramps well - they can be a little anxiety inducing, especially in summer. I agree the Murano makes merging pretty effortless when you need to get up and go! My 2010 was one of my best vehicles ever, right up there with my 1990 Accord.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #10 of 13 Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
How many of you have driven the new QX50? The engine is nice and my issue with the QX50 is the CVT. If you think the Murano is a fun SUV please don't ever drive an Audi SQ5 since you will be devastated that you had thought the Murano was fun to drive! The QX50 has a beautiful interior especially in the top trims and it has an excellent ride and is rewarding when pushed.
post #11 of 13 Old 05-16-2019, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLMurano View Post
How many of you have driven the new QX50? The engine is nice and my issue with the QX50 is the CVT. If you think the Murano is a fun SUV please don't ever drive an Audi SQ5 since you will be devastated that you had thought the Murano was fun to drive! The QX50 has a beautiful interior especially in the top trims and it has an excellent ride and is rewarding when pushed.
My father in law owns a sq5 audi and i wouldn't own that junk even if i didnt have to pay. He has had so many issues with it parts and labor are outrageous. The interior itself looks outdated for my liking, i'll gladly take my Murano over it. The only good thing it possibly has is it offers two engine options the crappy 2.0T and i believe the 3.0t engine two being gas two being offered in diesel. It also gives off a smaller appearance and feels more crammed in it.

Engine wise the murano does honestly lack some power in my opinion. I think its capable of more but since the CVT is its companion they reduced the power just to make sure it doesn't cause issues. Its just hard to believe they couldn't do anything better than 7.1 seconds with a 3.5l engine even the 2.0t q5 beats the murano at the 6.7sec, 0-60 lol. I tell myself that i don't need to race in this its a family car lol only way to justify my sluggish beast.

I've yet to drive QX50 or see the interior of one but i cant compare my 2015 to a 2019 model its just not fair and unfortunately Murano hasn't received any noticeable differences between 2015 and 2019. I'm content with the murano and it would have to be a significant difference for me to go for the luxury badge on the Infinity unless i was made out of money lol.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-16-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
My coworker owned a SQ5. He traded it in for a Pilot. Told me its much less fun to drive but appreciated it not breaking down every few months....
post #13 of 13 Old Today, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLMurano View Post

I dont think theres anyone here who would claim the Murano to be fun to drive. It handles like a bus and the CVT makes it perform sluggishly. But load it up with passengers and she handles just as well as she does unloaded. And the ride is rather smooth and comfy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: