Nav sytem map update - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Unread 05-22-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Nav sytem map update

I got an offer in the mail from Nissan about updating the map in my 2017 Murano Platinum for $109. Anyone else had it updated? Is it worth it? I mostly use my phone for navigation. I would consider skipping a GPS on my next car altogether because of how generally poor they are.

2017 SLAWD Platinum Java/Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Unread 05-22-2019, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I would never pay money for this junk. I had to navigate out of province and it did not find any of the streets I needed. I used Google Maps and then when I got on the location I noticed that the street is labeled different on the navigation unit then it is on the street sign or google maps. It's not smart enough to search a similar name but only relies on you using the exact name the navigation system has saved.

Unless this new update makes it smarter.....
post #3 of 7 Unread 05-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just considered updating my 2018 Murano. New toll road near me just opened a couple months ago. No guarantee that it would appear in the $109 update. Notice also teed me off that they want another $3.50 for shipping the SD card when a first class stamp would cover it. Screw it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Unread 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In Canada, its “on sale” for $109 but they’re charging $29.95 for standard shipping! Outrageous cost given the size and weight of an SD card.

2017 Pacific Sunset Platinum
post #5 of 7 Unread 05-23-2019, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
^^^ and to add insult to injury that is US$. So actual cost to us is about 33% more

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
post #6 of 7 Unread Yesterday, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Last night I was driving and realized I was a little low on gas and I was potentially going to drive fairly far but it wasn't a definite. There is one gas station on the way to where I was going and it's very expensive as it's right on the edge of downtown by a freeway entrance so I searched for something else close. The GPS took me to 2 "gas stations" that were completely non-existent, ie maybe they were gas stations 10 years ago! The one was a closed repair shop. So I ended up going back to the original gas station and wasted a lot of time.

This is so irritating! If I were really in a jam the GPS could really mess a person up. And it works better than my previous Nissan.

Most of the time I use my phone/Waze app but wasn't sure how to search for any gas station.

2017 SLAWD Platinum Java/Graphite
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound18 View Post
Last night I was driving and realized I was a little low on gas and I was potentially going to drive fairly far but it wasn't a definite. There is one gas station on the way to where I was going and it's very expensive as it's right on the edge of downtown by a freeway entrance so I searched for something else close. The GPS took me to 2 "gas stations" that were completely non-existent, ie maybe they were gas stations 10 years ago! The one was a closed repair shop. So I ended up going back to the original gas station and wasted a lot of time.

This is so irritating! If I were really in a jam the GPS could really mess a person up. And it works better than my previous Nissan.

Most of the time I use my phone/Waze app but wasn't sure how to search for any gas station.

I usually just use Apple Car Play and any one of 3 mapping apps. Google, Apple or Waze. They are inherently better than the stock Murano GPS. Plus, I'm not spending over $100 to upgrade their lousy maps. I have Garmin and the maps are free.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere