• 2 Post By PaulDay
  • 1 Post By vortex

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 06-08-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
About to purchase 2015 Platinum

Hi, I’m new here. But i have about 2 weeks or less before I’m about to say yes to buying 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum. Please tell me why I should or shouldnt proceed? Especially if there are big price tag issue items like transmission, engine, etc problems! I read some of the posts and one thing for example I don’t necessarily care is if the sound blast loud, i just want speakers that aren’t busted and a decent sound quality. I’m concerned if I will have this baby in the shop every other week, month, etc. It has around 40K miles on it. Are there bad problems after this mile marker? Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I just bought a 2015 Platinum awd murano with the panoramic roof. It had about 31,000 miles on it when I got it. I have about 37,000 miles now and I had to get the fuel pump assembly replaced, driver side window motor replaced and a new battery. These were all covered under the warranty where I bought the car. It seems to be driving really good now. Time will tell if this thing holds up well. I was concerned about the transmission before I bought the car but I found out there is a 60,000 mile warranty for that so it should be fine. I will say other then that I love driving it and the cooled seats and heated steering wheel are great. There are a lot of complaints about the stereo but I think it sounds fine.

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD + Tech Package
post #3 of 15 Old 06-08-2019, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom View Post
Hi, Iím new here. But i have about 2 weeks or less before Iím about to say yes to buying 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum. Please tell me why I should or shouldnt proceed? Especially if there are big price tag issue items like transmission, engine, etc problems! I read some of the posts and one thing for example I donít necessarily care is if the sound blast loud, i just want speakers that arenít busted and a decent sound quality. Iím concerned if I will have this baby in the shop every other week, month, etc. It has around 40K miles on it. Are there bad problems after this mile marker? Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!
Although I cannot give you any advice on a '15 Platinum but I do have an '11 LE. Presently it has a tad over 117,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had was the failure of the AC compressor clutch. Various other items have been replaced, rear brake pads at around 90,000 and the original battery at about 65,000 miles. I have purchased the front pads but not changed them yet as there is still sufficient material left. A couple of months ago I replaced the liftgate shocks as the original ones were getting a little weak. When the '20's come out I will be replacing the '11 with a new '19 Platinum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks bk3939 and 2young2retire for your feedback! Hopefully I’m in the right area to reply this site is different LOL BK3939 unfortunately mine wont come with original warranty. It is beyond the 3 year mark. I had cooled seats and heated steering wheel in my car that totaled so I know all to well how great it is to have those!
post #5 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Check out the "things you dont like" and the "things you like" threads.

It will give you an idea of what people dont and do like in general. Can help you figure out if some of the issues are big enough for you too pass.

Me personally... I wont recommend this generation Murano to anyone considering all the issues I've had but others are quite happy with theirs. So itll be a hit and miss with the answers you get...
post #6 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
There have been three consistent mechanical issues with the 3rd Gen Murano.

2015's had a recall on the ABS unit and a killing CVT issue that seems to crop up between 40K and 60K.

Bosch radar units dropping out and disabling ACC and other driving features on some early '15s and pretty consistent with the 17 - 19 years. Easily fixed with a parts replacement and reprogram by the dealer.

The most often consistent complaint across forums that I visit is QC, with rattles, squeeks and such.

Most other issues you'll read about are what I call "Customer Expectations" not meeting up to what they wanted/expected, usually as a result of not properly researching a 40K purchase.

Last but not least, are those who just like to point out every little flaw. If this was a 500K car I'd be listening, but a mass produced product is going to have small annoyances from time to time.

JM2C

Have a good day.
KBrian and Keyz like this.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #7 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 AM

On a non mechanical note...

The Bose system is awful in the Plat. Just incase you're expecting something decent out of a "premium audio system".
PaulDay likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post

The Bose system is awful in the Plat. Just incase you're expecting something decent out of a "premium audio system".
"Customer Expectation" lol The one thing that I really didn't research and was truly disappointed after the Bose system in the 1st Gen Murano.

Have a good day.

20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
All LED Lighting
post #9 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all so much for your feedback!!! I will definitely take your recommendations.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I was expecting a bit more then just a treble and bass adjustment on a so called premium audio upgrade. My 1996 Panasonic Portable CD player had treble, bass and mid. I think it maybe also had a surround on and off adjustment.

Now that is luxury compared to the Bose we have.
post #11 of 15 Old 06-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
I was expecting a bit more then just a treble and bass adjustment on a so called premium audio upgrade. My 1996 Panasonic Portable CD player had treble, bass and mid. I think it maybe also had a surround on and off adjustment.

Now that is luxury compared to the Bose we have.
You should really look at the DSR-1 to improve the Bose system. Pretty simple install and you get some really great sound for around $300.

I've posted photos of the wiring harness I made that pretty much made it a plug and play install. You don't even have to remove the radio to install, just remove the Climate Control unit without unplugging it to access the 20 pin connector on the back of the radio.

Have a good day.

20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
All LED Lighting
post #12 of 15 Old 06-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom View Post
Hi, Iím new here. But i have about 2 weeks or less before Iím about to say yes to buying 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum. Please tell me why I should or shouldnt proceed? Especially if there are big price tag issue items like transmission, engine, etc problems! I read some of the posts and one thing for example I donít necessarily care is if the sound blast loud, i just want speakers that arenít busted and a decent sound quality. Iím concerned if I will have this baby in the shop every other week, month, etc. It has around 40K miles on it. Are there bad problems after this mile marker? Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!

Two things quickly come to mind: 1) The transmissions are different than other automakers transmissions in that the Murano trans seems like it is slipping and well,,, it is but that's the way it works, it's normal but it does take some getting used too, 2) The cruise control is something that goes out and this issues is documented on many of the websites. As long as you are within the warranty period you'll be ok but after that it gets really pricey.
post #13 of 15 Old 06-12-2019, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
i own a '15. Here's what i don't like:

1. AC is very under-powered. If you live in a hot climate it takes 15 mins to cool the cabin.
2. Transmission stays in low gear too often with a "groan" and poor acceleration when you punch it.

3. Lots of cabin noise. Forget driving with any window open and driving with a back window open is excruciating.

4. if buying an AWD, it is not a true 4WD and only runs AWD at low speeds, (no lock)

5, some of the plastic trim in the cabin is too reflective and can blind you on a sunny day. The chrome trim around my shifter has started to peel.
6, the info-tainment system can be frustrating. Hooking an ipod will be buggy and navigation is tricky to voice command as well as missing many destinations
post #14 of 15 Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
There's a technical service bulletin for the 2015 Murano (among other models) for transmission "judder" (NTB15-015b), the solution in many cases requires replacing the transmission. That would probably qualify as a "big price tag issue". It sounds like you've made up your mind so you might want to think about an extended warranty that covers the power train.
post #15 of 15 Old 06-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2015 sl awd

I bought a 2015 brand-new although that was in October 2017. I now have just short of 70,000 miles on it and the only major problem that I have had was at just under 60,000 miles I had to replace the CVT completely. The good thing as this was covered under warranty and didnít cost me anything. The air conditioner is not that powerful and any day above 85į it could take 15 minutes to cool down the entire interior cabin. The noise that some people complain about in my opinion is directly related to the original tires on the car, Toyo Open Country A25, which ware very unevenly and create that oppressive noise even if you had them rotated every 5000 miles like I did. I have replaced them with General Atruam RT43 and the noise is virtually gone. Back brakes replaced at 40,000 miles probably unnecessarily by the dealer that has since gone out of business.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: