Seems like a good product for $22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Super Senior Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those are pretty cool. I haven't tried them, but the theory seems solid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<b>Nissan Murano Forums:</b> <a href ="https://www.nissanmurano.org">NissanMurano.org</a>
post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Just wanna help

tried them in my audi....

Those things are very cool..if you dont have TPM.
However, be preprared to buy another set ($21.95), mine got stolen twice when i park somewhere. (restaurant, groceries places, blockbuster etc, name it).
After 2 times loosing it, i give up. And back to using a tire presure gauge

Chronicle: >>2003 SL Super Black AWD Murano / Navteq Intelinav Software/ Pro-kit Mount & Holux GPS Receiver / Magnet Bra / Autopark Sensor/ XM Roady SAT Radio / OEM HID bixenon headlight retrofit / Trim-
Gard Chrome Body Side Molding / Nissan Murano Decals/PAC adapter/ Cargo Net
-- SOLD on 07/20/2006. Thank you everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-29-2003, 11:42 PM

On paper they work fine. In the real world, they can be a problem. My wife and I took her Matrix in to have the oil changed at a Kwik Lube. They did the whole service including checking the tire pressure. About 10 miles after we left, we discovered that one of our tires was flat. The guys at Discount Tire told us that the caps are fine IF you screw them on perfectly. They said it was easy to get a bad seal on the tire valve and get a slow leak. I've got 4 of them in my glove box now. You can have them for free if you like.

Oh, they are made of plastic, so if some road debris hits them, I don't think they are gonna stand up to it. In other words, make sure your spare tire is good.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-30-2003, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
*** Banned ****

I would love to try them. I was affraid leaking could be a problem. Please send me an email @ [email protected]

I'll paypal you the shipping money if you are serious. If not, thanks for the useful 1st hand experience information.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2003, 02:06 PM

I have seen similar products for half the cost. One question, in looking at the website and how the product works, how does it let you know when you have overinflated the tire? All I see is correct (green), underinflated (yellow) and serious underinflated (red).

The reason that I did not purchase them was my concern that has been validated by other users in this group (some crook stealing them)
post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2004, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to AZMuranoChick Send a message via Yahoo to AZMuranoChick
I put these on my Murano.. BIG MISTAKE! I heard they are being recalled after I got a flat as a result of them! They have leaks!! BUYER BEWARE!
post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2004, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt_Beavis
On paper they work fine. In the real world, they can be a problem. My wife and I took her Matrix in to have the oil changed at a Kwik Lube. They did the whole service including checking the tire pressure. About 10 miles after we left, we discovered that one of our tires was flat. The guys at Discount Tire told us that the caps are fine IF you screw them on perfectly. They said it was easy to get a bad seal on the tire valve and get a slow leak. I've got 4 of them in my glove box now. You can have them for free if you like.

Oh, they are made of plastic, so if some road debris hits them, I don't think they are gonna stand up to it. In other words, make sure your spare tire is good.
The EXACT SAME THING happened to my wife's Matrix. when I took the flat tire to Discount Tire, they told me the problems with these things. They were nice enough to pump up the flat tire, remount it, and put new stem caps on.....all for free

<----Discount Tire Customer for life as a result.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-17-2004, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Poor mans TPMs

These valve stem gauges were standard equipment from my dealership and have worked fine. I still manually check the tire pressure once week but they read the same as my gauge.

I have had no problem with them and my wife knows that if they are not reading in the green, she is to let me know.

2003 Silver murano
SL AWD
Sunroof
Sunroof deflector
Roof rack cross bars
Cloud rider lower grill
Bug deflector
2011 VW Jetta TDI

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: