Nissan Murano Forum banner

$10 Settlement from Sylvania Automotive Lighting

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mattski 
#1 ·
If you purchased a set of Sylvania automotive bulbs between September22, 2005 and July 11, 2014 you may be eligible for a $10 settlement from a class action lawsuit.

The Covered Products are:
  • SilverStar ULTRA®, SilverStar®, XtraVision®, or Cool Blue® replacement headlight capsules;
  • SilverStar®, XtraVision®, or Cool Blue® sealed beam headlights; and
  • SilverStar® fog or auxiliary lights.
Check out this website: https://autolightclaims.com/

-njjoe

#2 ·
Hey Thanks dude! I have the Silverstar Ultra headlights in my Mo. Better than stock, but definitely not HID. That took me all of 3 minutes to complete too. YAY! I got money coming in the mail! :blingblin

#4 ·
So a few people are going to get a basically worthless $10 and some law firm is going to make millions.

We so desperately need class action reform in this country.
Ten dollars is better than nothing.

However, I most definitely do agree with you on the need for reform.

-njjoe

#5 ·
The lawsuit found that Sylvania was designing their higher-end, more expensive SilverStar line of bulbs TO FAIL within 1 yr of purchase. Typical greed scam to get more money from the consumer. Because they were found GUILTY, every auto parts seller in the nation pulled Sylvania off the shelf and the company went broke.

#7 ·
The lawsuit found that Sylvania was designing their higher-end, more expensive SilverStar line of bulbs TO FAIL within 1 yr of purchase. Typical greed scam to get more money from the consumer. Because they were found GUILTY, every auto parts seller in the nation pulled Sylvania off the shelf and the company went broke.[/QUOTE

There was more to the suit. Sylvania misrepresented the bulbs to be brighter than the OEM brands and they weren't. I bought 2 sets. I think I got $20. back. It was a few years ago.

#8 ·
I bought a set many years ago. Not really any brighter and one failed within 3 months. Never purchased again... shame because Sylvania used to have good reputation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.