Nissan Murano Forum banner

What Were You Cross-shopping Before Purchasing Your MO?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Robotaz 
#1 ·
For me, I've always loved the Murano, but I have to admit that after my Rogue, I wanted to explore Toyota. I was cross shopping the Tacoma and the 4Runner.
The Tacoma is amazing, but I couldn't get over the lack of driver seat controls. Truck has everything you can ask for except basic power seats. So I passed on it.
The 4Runner is still a hot truck (to me at least). I love that it's literally the last mid-size body-on-frame SUV. We had one in the family and my dad was going to give it to me a few years ago, but I passed on it so he traded it in. However, while it's a built-for-purpose SUV, I know I would've wanted some kind of modern safety assistance tech that can be found on a Corolla. So ultimately, I decided on MO due to it's sexy curves, and reliability (our 07 is still beating the pavement, so I have confidence), and also the modern tech. However, in a few years, if I decide to stay with Nissan, I'm going for either the Titan or the Armada, or I'll make the jump over to Toyota, as the new 4Runner will be out by then. Hopefully by then it'll still be on a ladder frame.

#5 ·
I looked at the following:

Highlander - Expensive in the trim I wanted and it has the ridiculous auto Stop/Start. I don't want or need 3 rows.

Lincoln MKX and Ford Edge - The Lincoln is a nice car, and Ford advertises more cargo room than The Murano, but in the real world, you can fit golf clubs crosswise in the Murano and you can't in either the MKX (Now the Nautilus) or the Edge. MKX had push button transmission, and Edge has very cheap interior and uncomfortable seats.

Kia Sorento - Total Sh*t Show, and laughingly, sticker was $49,000. They are idiots.

Honda Pilot - Looks like a mini-van, ugly interior, 3 rows and expensive.

Cadillac XT5 - Looks nice from the outside, but very small inside, no golf clubs. Has idiotic auto Stop/Start, and the GM undependibility. Plus, equipped like my Platinum Murano, it was $14,000 more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

#8 ·
I agree. That start/stop crap is one feature that sounds better in theory. It's annoying.

The Kia Sorento is $49K?!?!?!?!?! Good grief. What're the those Koreans thinking?
The Pilot became a minivan over time. Not sure why Honda never made it a body-on-frame.
Were you looking at the Edge with the turbo? If so, how did it drive? That seems to be the only competitor to the Murano since 'Yota dropped the Venza.

#11 ·
Ford Edge, Toyota 4 Runner, Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. The Ford and Toyota interior finish and lack of technology were a turnoff. The Jeep start/stop crap kept me from even test driving one. I absolutely did not want a third row seat so that narrowed the field a bunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.