7Likes
  • 5 Post By Halwg
  • 2 Post By Robotaz

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 01-04-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
What Were You Cross-shopping Before Purchasing Your MO?

For me, I've always loved the Murano, but I have to admit that after my Rogue, I wanted to explore Toyota. I was cross shopping the Tacoma and the 4Runner.
The Tacoma is amazing, but I couldn't get over the lack of driver seat controls. Truck has everything you can ask for except basic power seats. So I passed on it.
The 4Runner is still a hot truck (to me at least). I love that it's literally the last mid-size body-on-frame SUV. We had one in the family and my dad was going to give it to me a few years ago, but I passed on it so he traded it in. However, while it's a built-for-purpose SUV, I know I would've wanted some kind of modern safety assistance tech that can be found on a Corolla. So ultimately, I decided on MO due to it's sexy curves, and reliability (our 07 is still beating the pavement, so I have confidence), and also the modern tech. However, in a few years, if I decide to stay with Nissan, I'm going for either the Titan or the Armada, or I'll make the jump over to Toyota, as the new 4Runner will be out by then. Hopefully by then it'll still be on a ladder frame.

'18 Murano SV AWD Premium Package | Gun Metallic Gray (Current)
'15 Rogue SV AWD Std. Equip'd | Magnetic Black (Former)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Acura RDX, Toyota Highlander, Subaru Outback.... but all lacked something the Mo had 😄

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #3 of 12 Old 01-04-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
Acura RDX, Toyota Highlander, Subaru Outback.... but all lacked something the Mo had 😄
What did they lack?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-05-2019, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierre199 View Post
What did they lack?
RDX: Value - $10k more for top end
Highlander: Agility - just too big
Outback: Very buggy infotainment

I really like the Outback Touring with 3.6, but just way too many issues with infotainment freezing, not operable, and no fix from Subaru well after a year. I had an 02 Outback which i loved. I then bought a 10 and it had design defect that made that model shake at highway speeds, took Subaru 1.5 years to come up multiple “fixes” that ultimately only partially addressed the problem that they jacked up a European spec legacy to make it a tall US Outback model. Anyways, that’s when I get my gen 2 Mo.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #5 of 12 Old 01-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
I looked at the following:

Highlander - Expensive in the trim I wanted and it has the ridiculous auto Stop/Start. I don't want or need 3 rows.

Lincoln MKX and Ford Edge - The Lincoln is a nice car, and Ford advertises more cargo room than The Murano, but in the real world, you can fit golf clubs crosswise in the Murano and you can't in either the MKX (Now the Nautilus) or the Edge. MKX had push button transmission, and Edge has very cheap interior and uncomfortable seats.

Kia Sorento - Total Sh*t Show, and laughingly, sticker was $49,000. They are idiots.

Honda Pilot - Looks like a mini-van, ugly interior, 3 rows and expensive.

Cadillac XT5 - Looks nice from the outside, but very small inside, no golf clubs. Has idiotic auto Stop/Start, and the GM undependibility. Plus, equipped like my Platinum Murano, it was $14,000 more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #6 of 12 Old 01-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
highlander, outback, terrain, equinox, cx7
post #7 of 12 Old 01-07-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
RDX: Value - $10k more for top end
Highlander: Agility - just too big
Outback: Very buggy infotainment

I really like the Outback Touring with 3.6, but just way too many issues with infotainment freezing, not operable, and no fix from Subaru well after a year. I had an 02 Outback which i loved. I then bought a 10 and it had design defect that made that model shake at highway speeds, took Subaru 1.5 years to come up multiple “fixes” that ultimately only partially addressed the problem that they jacked up a European spec legacy to make it a tall US Outback model. Anyways, that’s when I get my gen 2 Mo.
The new generation Acuras have always been a hit or miss with me--more often than not, a miss. I LOVE the exteriors, but for some reason the interiors never seem to excite me.
I was never really that interested in Suburu's until recently. They're starting to look really good now.
The Highlander has such a stigma with it, no matter how much they update and change it, it will always be a parentmobile to me. Plus they're stupid expensive.

post #8 of 12 Old 01-07-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
I looked at the following:

Highlander - Expensive in the trim I wanted and it has the ridiculous auto Stop/Start. I don't want or need 3 rows.

Lincoln MKX and Ford Edge - The Lincoln is a nice car, and Ford advertises more cargo room than The Murano, but in the real world, you can fit golf clubs crosswise in the Murano and you can't in either the MKX (Now the Nautilus) or the Edge. MKX had push button transmission, and Edge has very cheap interior and uncomfortable seats.

Kia Sorento - Total Sh*t Show, and laughingly, sticker was $49,000. They are idiots.

Honda Pilot - Looks like a mini-van, ugly interior, 3 rows and expensive.

Cadillac XT5 - Looks nice from the outside, but very small inside, no golf clubs. Has idiotic auto Stop/Start, and the GM undependibility. Plus, equipped like my Platinum Murano, it was $14,000 more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I agree. That start/stop crap is one feature that sounds better in theory. It's annoying.

The Kia Sorento is $49K?!?!?!?!?! Good grief. What're the those Koreans thinking?
The Pilot became a minivan over time. Not sure why Honda never made it a body-on-frame.
Were you looking at the Edge with the turbo? If so, how did it drive? That seems to be the only competitor to the Murano since 'Yota dropped the Venza.

post #9 of 12 Old 01-07-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_bacon View Post
highlander, outback, terrain, equinox, cx7
That's cool bro. What ultimately led you to the Murano?

post #10 of 12 Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lexus period.... But the darn cost was too high for comparable options. (CVT's still make me REAL nervous though)

Timing is EVERYTHING...
post #11 of 12 Old 01-08-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Ford Edge, Toyota 4 Runner, Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. The Ford and Toyota interior finish and lack of technology were a turnoff. The Jeep start/stop crap kept me from even test driving one. I absolutely did not want a third row seat so that narrowed the field a bunch.
post #12 of 12 Old 01-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka45 View Post
Lexus period.... But the darn cost was too high for comparable options. (CVT's still make me REAL nervous though)

Lexus just gave up and blatantly copied the Murano styling. That alone disqualified them in my mind. Toyota just has no imagination unless you spend $100K.
jdedgewood and JeanPierre199 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: