LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 38 Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr3Putt View Post
Believe what you will. But.....

The Mazda CX-9 is a full-size crossover SUV manufactured by Mazda at the Ujina 1 plant in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan.

The CX-9 is built on the Ford CD3 Platform that is shared with the Ford Edge, and it uses the same 3.7 L V6 engine used in the Ford lineup. Although outwardly similar, the CX-9 and Mazda CX-7 do not share platforms.[3] The CX-9 has either a front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive configuration.

LINK
I stand corrected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Thanks for the fond farewell folks. I got an opportunity to download the pictures of my 2012 Ford Edge AWD Limited form the CarMax website. Here's what my new baby looks like!

My family absolutely loves this car. Hopefully it will have more longevity than my MO did. Only time will tell.

The only thing it's missing is the roof rack and cross bars. there is a low profile aftermarket solution that I'll add in the near future that won't interfere with the panoramic sunroof. Until then, nothing up there but glass

The engine compartment is crammed as usual. Maybe I'll add a CAI to clean things up a bit. Lots of clutter on the intake side. At least the K&N sticker (put on later) makes things look a bit better.

Nice ride!! I may have to leave Nissan also if what you said is true about low quality in the newer models. I was look at buying an Ford Edge, until I saw the smallish brake rotor size on it, well at least on a vehicle that size. However, it is nice looking. I may have to reconsider my thoughts on it. Do you feel that the Edge stop as quick as the Murano or better? It is very important question for me due to nature of stop and go traffic here in Atlanta.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose( Wife's baby)
-I do all the work on it, while constantly begging her to trade it in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Long Life Iridium spark plugs SK16HR11 .7mm tip(Great MPG's and Power)
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
Royal Purple 75w-90 gear oil in the transfer-case and rear differential(Makes the Murano run smoother and the AWD more responsive)

2011 Black Mercedes E350 Sport 4matic(My baby)
post #33 of 38 Old 02-04-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The tire shot is of a rear wheel, which naturally have smaller calipers than the front wheels. So no worries there, the Edge has a fantastic braking system. Overall, the edge outperforms the Murano in every way. It's very comfortable to ride in, quiet, powerful, etc. I found that road and engine noise easily made its way into the Murano. The Edge exponentially quieter than the Murano which is a plus for my family. The sound system in the LImited version I have is also top notch, crisp, clear, and quite powerful...almost too much power. It has the exact same towing specs and gets the same mileage as I got in my MO. You'll love it! Test drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about.

IMHO, Nissan has a lot of work to do on their MO's to get to this level.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Warhammer-

I just got back on the forum and read your post. What a shame. After 142,000 miles you would hope you would be moving on because you want to, not because you have to. Having to fork over $3,600 to repair two trouble-prone items that were replaced only 40,000 miles ago is ridiculous.

I wish you luck with the new rig. Hopefully it will serve you for another 142,000 miles like the MO, but be significantly more reliable and less of a money pit.

I also want to thank you for your contributions here. I have learned much from you.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
and 1973 MGB
post #35 of 38 Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, it's been a pleasure. I've always enjoyed helping out, and this was an outlet to do so. I've also learned some things from this site too, like learning to hate fluid filled bushines.

I'll stick around for a while longer. I'm in the process of cleaning out my garage, and will have some MO things to sell in the near future.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
post #36 of 38 Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Well...after quite a few years, a couple thousand posts, and a few How-To's later, it's time to say good bye.
Plus...there's more. I talked with a couple Nissan technician friends about their new line of cars and what problems they have. Pretty much every new vehicle released; Rogue, Pathfinder, Juke, Murano, etc all have problems with their new transmissions or power train in one form or another.

So it's bye bye with Nissan for me until further notice. I like the CVT but there are too many problems and it seems like Nissan is not desiging quality into their vehicles any longer.
Parted with my 07' today as well, even though it is running fine, the CVT issue is even more costly to resolve in the UK. What with that threat and the seat bracket problem that hasn't arrived yet, I've cut my potential losses.
It cost me $13200 in January 2013 and I have swapped it for an 03' Jeep Cherokee/Liberty 3.7 V6 $6250, plus $4000 cash back. All the usual Jeep problems have been resolved by the previous 2 owners , so it's as good a deal as I could hope for really.
It's been nice........................
post #37 of 38 Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Good luck buddy!

post #38 of 38 Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Wow no wonder you haven't called in a while! Lol. Good luck, Jason. I don't blame ya, my 04 is at 140k miles and keeps ticking away as long as I keep tabs on her. Original cvt and tcase.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: