how to fold the front passenger seat? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question how to fold the front passenger seat?

hi,

i just bought a couple of rolls of carpet and was very frustrated with unability to fold the front passenger seat neither all the way forward nor all the way backward. which means there is no way to safely take those the 12 feet long rolls home from the store in my MO.

does anybody know any workarounds? maybe remove the front seat somehow?

i really like the way it's done in Ford Freestyle.

please HEEELLLLLP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
NO-MO-SNOW

Send a message via AIM to NVMYGT
I think you're SOL on this one. The seat doesn't fold all the way forward. You could remove the seat but this isn't too pratical a solution either.

How often do you haul things that are 12 feet long anyway?

<B>2004 Mazda RX-8</B> Grand Touring Package and Navigation
Previous Car: <b>2003 Sunlight Copper Nissan Murano SL</b> NAV, 10000K HIDs, OEM Pushbar, LED interior lights
post #3 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mgthe3
You can get a P-up from Lowes or Home Depot for 20 bucks a day.
At least here ya can.

2010 Titan Crewcab XE

had an 07 S Brilliant Silver
had an 04 SL Sheer Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to GMTURBO43
I'd say if you do a lot of hauling of large items your best be would be to take the front passenger seat out and just use a 5 gallon plastic bucket anytime you're going to have someone ride with you.

Dave
'06 Altima SE-R
'03 Murano Black SL AWD (Sold)
'01 S10 ZQ8 (For Sale)
'93 4Runner SR5
post #5 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Get one of these...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	10171  

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #6 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by zebelkhan
Get one of these...

Now I know whay you need a back up camera..

kidding only.....

had: 03 MO SL, Gold, 2WD, Premium, leather, sunroof, Mobil 1, B-Quiet, Garmin Nuvi 250W, Fumoto oil valve, HIR's in fogs
08 CTS 304 HP Direct Injection Engine. Fully loaded with every option except AWD
04 FX35, AWD, Touring loaded, Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT, Fumoto oil valve
Dream car: Ferrari Italia
------------------------------------------------

"It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast" - Enzo Ferrari
post #7 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 04:15 PM

Actually this thing blocks the camera view as the camera is mounted down below right next to the trailer power plug. The cargo carrier has proven itself very usefull though. Its last use was to carry the christmas tree! No scratches to the top or inside of the MO. By putting a small platform on it and rasing its hight to the level of the rear cargo space I effectively extend the lenght of the cargo space by nearly 3 ft (about how much you would probably get if you could fold the front seat down.) The only draw back is that you need tow package to use it

post #8 of 15 Old 01-09-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

well, here's what i did today.

i pulled out the headrest on the passenger side seat. then i moved the passenger seat all the way forward and unfolded the back of the seat all the way back so that i was almost flat.
then i folded the rear right seat. if the front seat could move just a couple of inches farther forward everything would be almost perfect.. well.. anyways i managed to safely haul the 2 rolls of carpet (distance was about 10 miles).

what really sucks is the fact that there is nothing like a hook or handle on the rear hatch to tie it down to the frame. i had to leave it open because the carpet rolls were sticking out (about 2 feet). so i just used some duct tape...

that's my story
post #9 of 15 Old 01-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-09-2005, 12:59 AM

Andy

Here are a bunch of answers

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...ight=Hatch+tie

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #11 of 15 Old 01-09-2005, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by GripperDon
Andy

Here are a bunch of answers

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...ight=Hatch+tie
i like that idea with a metal ring! will definitely try it next time i need to tie down the hatch!
post #12 of 15 Old 01-11-2005, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tried the ring in the hatch latch. Works great. Idea from thread
" rear hatch tiedown" not " tie down ".

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
-After market alarm-85 Watt Hella driving lights-PIAA yellow parking lights-Auto locking doors-Wolo air horns-Fog light DTRL-Floor Lights-33uF Tweeter Mod-Metalic Black Grill-Lower grill
post #13 of 15 Old 01-11-2005, 10:12 PM

Taking out the front seat (provided it isn't powered) is pretty simple. I haven't looked at how the MO is, but on all the cars I've worked on its like 8 bolts, no biggie.

Jeff

04' Murano SL (Polished Pewter)
post #14 of 15 Old 01-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jpalm
Taking out the front seat (provided it isn't powered) is pretty simple. I haven't looked at how the MO is, but on all the cars I've worked on its like 8 bolts, no biggie.
I think the seats have airbags in them (all of them or just leather, I am not sure) so you may run into issues pluging and unpluging the wires going to the seat.

post #15 of 15 Old 01-12-2005, 12:30 PM

All of them. The "Side Air bags" (inflator, manifold and inflatable and located on the outboard edge. The line between the sewing is a breakaway membrane that directs the bags deployment. It's wiring is a good deal "more safe" that the Steering wheel Air Bag, not having a "Spiral Wire" ignition signal pathway. And the reduced complication of the variable fill bag used in the steering wheel. It being able to fill to either 45 or 60 liters and requiring two Initiators.

There is also the Pyrotechnic Pretensioners that "pull in the seat belt" to eliminate slack and position the occupant for more effective utilization of the Air Bag. This has electrical connection also, These connectors employ a shorting mechanism that activates when the connector is "taken apart". Getting the Belt out of the way is another problem in itself.

The side curtain Air bag System is not involved. By the way the Murano has an outstanding Supplemental Restraint System considering it's price it is extraordinarily equipped.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: