LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Shift|Live

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
murano hitch - YES another thread!!

help me out guys... all the other threads are all about CURT. I really want the OEM hidden look. I want something nice, and it'll be for 100% bike rack, no trailer or anything. please give me some links or ideas.. any idea would be RELALY helpful

06 Murano SL AWD | Glacier Pearl | Touring | NAVI | VDC | w/ sunroof deflector and mud flaps!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sobamanismo Send a message via Yahoo to sobamanismo
Ummm, how about the OEM one then?

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!"
post #3 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Shift|Live

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by sobamanismo
Ummm, how about the OEM one then?
if i can get it for like $150, i'd get it. but its like $300 + the bike rack... that would be very costly.. i'm looking for same (or similar) look, but cheaper

06 Murano SL AWD | Glacier Pearl | Touring | NAVI | VDC | w/ sunroof deflector and mud flaps!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to sobamanismo Send a message via Yahoo to sobamanismo
to my knowledge (and research) there is no other hitch that attaches like the OEM one, that hitch actually comes with a partial replacement of the stock bumper and is a much more invasive install which is part of why it's so much more expensive.

I made the comment somewhere else but I'll repeat it here since I believe it applies...your muffler shows below the bumper, why does it matter if your new hitch still shows said muffler off?

I'm not disagreeing that the stock hitch doesn't look nice, but I and many others don't feel like it's enough nice to justify the cost.

Get a less expensive hitch and a more expensive bike rack is my advice

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!"
post #5 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM

I used the OEM hitch

I had Nissan install the OEM hitch, because I liked the look. Yes, I could have gone with a less expensive hitch, but I could have gone with a less expensive car as well.

Just my opinion ... we all have one.
post #6 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Senior Member

The OEM hitch is partially hidden but the muffler still shows. The aftermarket hitches hide the muffler and in my opinion look just as good. I have had several people comment how nice the Uhaul Valley round tube hitch looks.

The OEM hitch looks like a Drawtite hitch except the receiver tube is welded below the cross bar instead of above. The hitch attaches to the car useing the same six bolts and mounting holes. The OEM hitch crossbar mounts higher than the aftermarket hitches behind the outer bumper shell. This requires that the inner bumper cross bar (armature) be notched so as not to interfere with the mounting brackets. Nissan could have provided this notched bar as standard equipment as it is just a modified version of the standard armature.

2005 Murano SE AWD
Platinum w/ Charcoal leather
post #7 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mgthe3
This one was $100 shipped off ebay:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch 001.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	13734  

2010 Titan Crewcab XE

had an 07 S Brilliant Silver
had an 04 SL Sheer Silver
post #8 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mgthe3
This one was $100 shipped off ebay:
What's the link you bought from?

Murano 03 AWD (the leftover from wife)
Passat 06 2.0T
GL320 Bluetec(the wife's)
post #9 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 05:08 PM

I just bought a CURT off hitchsource.com, $133 shipped. It is now considered a 'class 3' hitch, it was formerly a 'class 2.5', which is basically a class 2 with a 2" receiver. It is a round tube hitch, just like the pic of the valley hitch. From what I understand, the finish is superb, and can be custom colored if you so desire (for a price).

I see no reason to hide the hitch if the ugly muffler and exhaust are as visible as they are. I'd rather see a substantial piece of black steel than a soon to be rust colored exhaust, especially when considering the cost and extra work of the OEM install.

I suggest getting a hitch with a 2" receiver, as it seems to be the most common size amongst the better bike carriers. You can get adapters for the 1.25"ers, but they throw the geometry off, and hang the weight even further off the arse end.

'06 SE Merlot and Black
post #10 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 06:05 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The only way I would install the OEM hitch would be if I won a contest and the hitch and installation were free. And then I would be a little leery because the dealer would have to open up my bumper to install it.

Save your ducats. For the price of an OEM bumper you can get a Curt/U-Haul hitch and a decent bike rack.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
and 1973 MGB
post #11 of 26 Old 05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think I am sensing some dealer doubt here

I could be wrong however.

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #12 of 26 Old 05-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mgthe3
Quote:
Originally posted by rayleiwu

What's the link you bought from?
This guy, but he has gone up:

Ebay Hitch

2010 Titan Crewcab XE

had an 07 S Brilliant Silver
had an 04 SL Sheer Silver
post #13 of 26 Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mgthe3

This guy, but he has gone up:

Ebay Hitch
Thanks!
I have bought the curt off ebay, $129.95 shipped. Can't wait for the installation.

Murano 03 AWD (the leftover from wife)
Passat 06 2.0T
GL320 Bluetec(the wife's)
post #14 of 26 Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Shift|Live

Garage
thanks for all the input. you think you guys can paste some links to hitches and nice bike racks?? i want something nice but not too pricey..

thanks all

post #15 of 26 Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by ikalinin3
thanks for all the input. you think you guys can paste some links to hitches and nice bike racks?? i want something nice but not too pricey..

thanks all
I got this one from my local Walmart. The arms fold down when not in use and it also swivels down to access the rear.

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: