User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 06-11-2007, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crash Test Videos

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...htestvideo.htm

Pretty interesting. Noticed that both FX and Murano airbag isn't up to snuff as your head can hit the steering wheel during impact.

05 Murano SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
S-

Interesting video. I must have watched it a dozen times.

Thanx for posting the link.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB
post #3 of 9 Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

Don't panic

While they say it hits the steering wheel thru the aitbag they don't accompany the film with head or chest decellerometer data.

The head is well centered that means off of the center so as not to hit the center column.

My standard advice prevails.

Position your seat as far rearward as reasonable. Do not drive with your arms sharply bent at the elbows. I try and get the wheel as far away from me as possible. I like to sort of stright arm the steering wheel as much as possible. Position the seat back / seat base / pedals to accomidate this position. Keep your butt back in the seat don't slouch. Most impostantly keep from speeding particurarly in urban enviroments. On 3 lane freeways or any other road with 3 lanes drive in the middle lane.

As they used to say on the cop show. Be carefull it's dangerous out there.

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM

what was the speed of the Murano?

Platinum 2007 Murano SL AWD.

When I called my salesman, I told him that I only care about 3 things.

1. AWD
2. Bose
3. Price
post #5 of 9 Old 06-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by windfern
w-

What you were witnessing is a 40 mph frontal offset crash test.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
and 1973 MGB
post #6 of 9 Old 06-18-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by windfern

that was only 40mph? my goodness, scary.

Platinum 2007 Murano SL AWD.

When I called my salesman, I told him that I only care about 3 things.

1. AWD
2. Bose
3. Price
post #7 of 9 Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

A 40 mpg Barrier

Is a very sever test equating to about 70mpg into a standing car. The car crushes and the Barrier does not. The NHTSA test had used 30 for a long time (somewhat do to industry pressure0 The 40 is a tough test and very real world simulating.

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Re: A 40 mpg Barrier

Quote:
Originally posted by GripperDon
Is a very sever test equating to about 70mpg into a standing car. The car crushes and the Barrier does not. The NHTSA test had used 30 for a long time (somewhat do to industry pressure0 The 40 is a tough test and very real world simulating.
Yep, this test had a crash point that allowed for zero absorption of impact whereas the car took almost all of the intertial force. It's a pretty significant impact.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was surprised that the shoulder belt did not hold the dummy back , Iwould have thought that the speed was fast enough to engage the ratchet on it.

2003 Silver murano
SL AWD
Sunroof
Sunroof deflector
Roof rack cross bars
Cloud rider lower grill
Bug deflector
2011 VW Jetta TDI

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: