User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 22 Old 02-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi52507 View Post
After reading everything on the web and what Njjoe and yourself have offered, you pretty well said what I was already leaning towards by justing replacing the bulbs themselves if I could find a bright alternative. So, I am assuming your saying the best ones are the Phillips Extreme Power? or the Osram Hyper bulbs? I will look into these and order some and try them first. ANYTHING has to be better than the stock bulbs.

Thank you very much,
MiMi
Exactly, I suggest you start with the Philips Xtreme since a pair is under $40 and they're your best drop-in upgrade. These are brighter, whiter and better focused than a standard 9007 bulb. Don't expect the difference to blow your socks off; this swap won't be nearly as significant as doing a proper HID conversion like njjoe described, but it's cheap and I think worth a shot. Try out the Xtremes for a few weeks and see whether or not the improvement is enough.

If not, follow https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/6...tructions.html and hit up njjoe for help!

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys spoke with the guy at Candlepower.com and he suggested the Rallye's (thanks for the link Patrick.) I decided to go for the Osram rallye lights. They have a higher wattage and higher lumens. They didn't have them for the my fog lights and he suggested to just leave what I have since the rallye's will have the same light color and would save me some money. But, I just wanted to go ahead and change it all while I was at it. So, I went with the Narva Range Power 50+ which are supposed to be the same type of light color. I also ordered the Osram rallye's for our Honda Ridgeline. They stated these will not have the whiteish/blueish light like the Philps x-treme's would, but that didn't matter to me. I will report back with results after I get them this week. I am going to try and install them next Saturday (this Saturday an Aries bull bar for the ridgeline kicked my behind lol but it looks sweet - that was hubby's anniversay present and grill was mine). I will see if I can take pics to be able to see the difference in stock lights and the ones I am getting. Thank you for the information you have all provided to help me out.
post #18 of 22 Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks njjoe. I finally decided to go the budget direction for now. I ordered the Osram rallye 65 watt. Haven't had a chance to put them in yet. I was going to install last weekend but was lucky enough to get a sinus infection along with a terrible virus that seemed like the flu. Yippee. I am looking at putting them in tomorrow but I noticed something. The ones I ordered for our Ridgeline say they are a 70/65 watt which is a dual low/high beam bulb that's what I need. However the ones for my Mo only say 65 watt. So now I am second guessing if they are the right bulb. The size of the bulb is smaller. And I know the Mo has the low and high beams in the same bulb. Any one have an idea. I received H7 Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output Bulbs. Meant to call candlepower and make sure but forgot Friday to busy at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys well I won't be installing the Osram lights. The ones I received are wrong. They actually do not make them for the Mo's in a 9007. So, I back to the x-tremes I guess. They suggested maybe replacing the wiring harness and that may help some. Along with any headlight may be better than what I have if it has alot of hours (which I cannot say since I bought used). Also, to check to make sure the headlights are in adjustment and aimed properly. So, on I go. But I did get my wade window deflector things install and soon I will get my hood deflector. One thing at a time. Thanks for all the help and support. I will keep you posted.
post #20 of 22 Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Hi Im new here. I have a 2009 murano "S" and been trying to upgrade my headlights... I would really like to buy an HID Kit. But if there is better options where someone said about just switching to an H9 bulb. So now is my question is whats the best H9 bulb? or should I buy a HID Kit. The HID kit that I want to buy is from DDMTuning H11 6000k or 5000k with slim ballast. comes out around 60dls. I also want the whitest output not blueish since my murano is white pearl. Thanks! Great Forum!
post #21 of 22 Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
The most obvious/dangerous (and unfortunately cheapest/easiest) change people make is retrofitting an HID kit into a halogen headlight assembly. This more than TRIPLES the amount of light output, which a halogen assembly can't handle safely (too much light in the wrong places). The assembly was designed to aim light from a specific halogen bulb with a regulated filament position (even differing halogen bulb types have filaments in different positions and different spiral axis, so each and every headlight assembly is designed to match a specific bulb). Because you're dealing with extremely short distances between the filament and reflectors, tiny variations have huge affects on light direction. This is why it is recommended to re-aim your headlights after a bulb change.

Changing the luminary (in this case halogen to arc discharge) compounds the issue; HID is a high-output gaseous arc that illuminates from a different physical position and in a totally different manner than a halogen burner. The light hits the reflectors from unusual angles, which results in a massive amount of glare that can blind other drivers. Studies have shown that glare causes drivers to lose spatial awareness and unintentionally steer toward the bright light (i.e. you). I'll leave it at that, but this mod is very dangerous for many many reasons and is NEVER legal. Please don't do this, for your safety and the safety of your fellow drivers.

So you have a couple of legal options. As njjoe mentioned, you can swap out your halogen projector headlamp assemblies for legal Murano HID projector assemblies; 3x the lumens and safely-aimed, but expensive and not plug-and-play.

2009+ Muranos lucked out because they can easily swap their H11 bulbs for H9 and more than double their light output. These two bulb types are physically identical; the only difference is wattage.

H11: 55 watts, 1,000 lumens nominal
H9: 65 watts, 2,100 lumens nominal
post #22 of 22 Old 07-23-2016, 10:22 AM

I just recently upgraded to a full HID conversion. I have an 07 type s, and I wish I would have done it sooner. They look amazing and give off so much light because my model does not have the projector bulb. I choose the 8000k color and it has just the right tint of blue to make them cool, and look super expensive lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: