1Likes
  • 1 Post By RScott

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 03-18-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Black on black aftermarket grilles

I have a 2017.5 Platinum Murano and it has the black front grill with the aluminum accent on the grill, I am looking for an aftermarket replacement grill without the aluminum accents. Any idea's?
ShanSalsa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 07:44 AM
The Phone Booth Fanatic

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
The 2018 Midnight Edition grille has the "V" front grille trim in black vs chrome, but the center Nissan burger is still chrome. Even though the front camera is in there, it could be disassembled, the chrome prepped correctly and then painted black. Hope this this helps and take care!

Jim

"The pathologically precise are annoying, but right."

2017.5 Midnight Edition - Pearl White/Charcoal
- Heated Blind Spot Mirrors
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Interior Accent Lighting
- Morimoto XB-N LED Fog Lights
- Hella Super Horns
- Weathertech Front & Rear Mats
- Color-matched License Plate Frame
- FastFlash Strobe Module on High-mount Brake Light
- Nissan Trailer Hitch
- 25% Tinted Front Side Windows
- 4th Brake Light (EDM OEM Rear Fog Lamp)

2009 LE (Traded In)
post #3 of 11 Old 03-19-2018, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
What about covering it with black pressure sensitive vinyl material? I would think sign companies that do vehicle wraps could handle that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-02-2018, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wondering the same...
post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2018, 04:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanSalsa View Post
Wondering the same...

Hey @ShanSalsa,

If you still haven't found the black grille for your Murano, you may be interested in black mesh grilles we carry:
2018 Nissan Murano Custom Grilles at CARiD
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nissan Murano
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2018, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey @CARiD,

Will these fit '15? And also, is there a matte or satin black grille frame for these grilles?

2015 Nissan Murano
post #7 of 11 Old 08-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hi @DarkMan,

Here is the link to 2015 Murano grille catalog. As for the frame, it depends on the grille. Some manufactueres add grille frame as an option to the grille and note, that the frame can be ordered separately. Some say, that the frame is not included, and the grille requires usage of the OE frame.

Hope this helps!

Nissan Murano

|
|
|
post #8 of 11 Old 08-03-2018, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RScott View Post
I have a 2017.5 Platinum Murano and it has the black front grill with the aluminum accent on the grill, I am looking for an aftermarket replacement grill without the aluminum accents. Any idea's?

I would plastidip it with glossifier or leave it matte. Cheaper then buying a new part. If you mess up, you can peel it off. $5-$9 a can. Do 4 coats or more so you can peel off easier
post #9 of 11 Old 08-03-2018, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
Hey @ShanSalsa,

If you still haven't found the black grille for your Murano, you may be interested in black mesh grilles we carry:
2018 Nissan Murano Custom Grilles at CARiD
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!
Quote:
Hi @DarkMan,

Here is the link to 2015 Murano grille catalog. As for the frame, it depends on the grille. Some manufactueres add grille frame as an option to the grille and note, that the frame can be ordered separately. Some say, that the frame is not included, and the grille requires usage of the OE frame.

Hope this helps!

Hey CARID, I love those lower grilles as well and wanted to put it on mine too but I was at the dealership today and asked if that would help with my front radar sensor to be more debris free and the service guy said that it could void my warranty and plus it is said that the front sensor is very sensitive so the grille could obstruct the sensor
post #10 of 11 Old 08-06-2018, 03:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Vu View Post
Hey CARID, I love those lower grilles as well and wanted to put it on mine too but I was at the dealership today and asked if that would help with my front radar sensor to be more debris free and the service guy said that it could void my warranty and plus it is said that the front sensor is very sensitive so the grille could obstruct the sensor
Hey @Nam Vu,

The very first grille in the catalog is just overlay, which means you will not have to cut out the OE grille. Here is the link to view the installation instruction.
Of course, it's up to you to decide, whether you want to install an aftermarket grille on your Murano. But let me explain something to you about warranty. There is a legal document that regulates the way carmakers have to treat aftermarket products installed on the vehicles. Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Here is the full text of the document.

Hope this helps!

Nissan Murano

|
|
|
post #11 of 11 Old 08-06-2018, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hey @Nam Vu,

The very first grille in the catalog is just overlay, which means you will not have to cut out the OE grille. Here is the link to view the installation instruction.
Of course, it's up to you to decide, whether you want to install an aftermarket grille on your Murano. But let me explain something to you about warranty. There is a legal document that regulates the way carmakers have to treat aftermarket products installed on the vehicles. Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Here is the full text of the document.

Hope this helps!

This is not the issue with your grill inserts. Without the opening like the original lower grill, it obstructs the radar unit. This winter I tried to put a piece of black plastic over the radar opening to keep the snow off while driving. As soon as I started the car I got a warning the FEB/ACC was not available. You can not cover this opening, especially with a metal screen.

Design a grill with the opening required for the radar unit and I'm sure your product will fly off the shelf. Design one that's a replacement, not an overlay, and I'll be your first customer to buy that one.

Hopefully you will, because I've been looking to do this since I first bought my Murano.

Thanks for listening.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: