1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roads2018

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wind Noise 2016 Murano SL

I'm about at my wits end. I have a whistling wind noise on the driver's side window anytime the car is over 50 mph. I've had my Murano back to the dealer twice (2 hour round trip). They kept it overnight both nights in order to order parts. The first time they replaced the entire seal around the door. Didn't work. The second time, they replaced the seal/jam around the door that the window fits into. Didn't work.

I've contacted the dealer again by email, but no answer yet.

I do want to say the dealer has been great to work with and I love every other single thing about my Murano.

My son buys parts for Honda/Acura and mentioned the door may have to be replace.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-28-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4airedale View Post
I'm about at my wits end. I have a whistling wind noise on the driver's side window anytime the car is over 50 mph. I've had my Murano back to the dealer twice (2 hour round trip). They kept it overnight both nights in order to order parts. The first time they replaced the entire seal around the door. Didn't work. The second time, they replaced the seal/jam around the door that the window fits into. Didn't work.

I've contacted the dealer again by email, but no answer yet.

I do want to say the dealer has been great to work with and I love every other single thing about my Murano.

My son buys parts for Honda/Acura and mentioned the door may have to be replace.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Determined source of driver window, wind noise on my 2017.5 Murano. By design, lower rubber window seal is not fitted/molded to fit up to window tocreate tight seal. It has 1/8 gap between rubber and window. The wind whistles/jamsinto opening at about 70 mph. I confirmed after taping gap (painterís tape) andtesting on road for a quiet ride. Dealer agrees but might require aftermarketbody/window shop to manually fit a window seal.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to answer. It's frustrating that a vehicle under warranty can't be fixed by the manufacturer. I'll try the tape- I know exactly where the wind noise is coming in...Grrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-09-2018, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads2018 View Post
Determined source of driver window, wind noise on my 2017.5 Murano. By design, lower rubber window seal is not fitted/molded to fit up to window tocreate tight seal. It has 1/8 gap between rubber and window. The wind whistles/jamsinto opening at about 70 mph. I confirmed after taping gap (painterís tape) andtesting on road for a quiet ride. Dealer agrees but might require aftermarketbody/window shop to manually fit a window seal.
I had all four door panels off this past weekend to replace my speakers on my 2017.5. On all doors the inside rubber seal that presses against the glass was complete and there were no gaps anywhere for air to leak thru.

Dealer is clueless! Manufacturer makes car with only one door where the seal is not set against the glass to seal the air out, in one spot! RIGHT!!! You've heard of having smoke blown up your butt right, well that's what this dealer is doing! As soon as he said that, I would have asked "How come all the other windows aren't made that way?".

If the dealer has already replaced the seals and it still left the gap, two things:

1. Dealer didn't change the seal! Did you actually see them do this or did you notice a obvious difference in the seal when you got it back.

2. Door was assembled incorrectly at the factory, causing the seal to gap in that location.

Since is seems to me that the dealer is trying to dismiss it at this point by directing you to an aftermarket solution (On a car under warranty), I would be contacting Nissan. File a complaint on their web site, stating all facts of the case as you know it. Be sure to put that you were directed to an aftermarket solution for an oblivious manufacturing defect.

Nissan Corp is pretty good, as long as you're persistent in your case. Good luck and let us know the results.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #5 of 6 Old 03-14-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDay View Post
I had all four door panels off this past weekend to replace my speakers on my 2017.5. On all doors the inside rubber seal that presses against the glass was complete and there were no gaps anywhere for air to leak thru.

Dealer is clueless! Manufacturer makes car with only one door where the seal is not set against the glass to seal the air out, in one spot! RIGHT!!! You've heard of having smoke blown up your butt right, well that's what this dealer is doing! As soon as he said that, I would have asked "How come all the other windows aren't made that way?".

If the dealer has already replaced the seals and it still left the gap, two things:

1. Dealer didn't change the seal! Did you actually see them do this or did you notice a obvious difference in the seal when you got it back.

2. Door was assembled incorrectly at the factory, causing the seal to gap in that location.

Since is seems to me that the dealer is trying to dismiss it at this point by directing you to an aftermarket solution (On a car under warranty), I would be contacting Nissan. File a complaint on their web site, stating all facts of the case as you know it. Be sure to put that you were directed to an aftermarket solution for an oblivious manufacturing defect.

Nissan Corp is pretty good, as long as you're persistent in your case. Good luck and let us know the results.

Have a good day.

Thanks...Would agree, but all have same design, so replacing won't change anything. Look at other "brands" like I did w/ service advisor & you can see difference. We both note that driver window usually gets most use and therefore the detectable wind jam noise at seal. I'm accustom to it & no big deal. (Really enjoy road trip comfort, handling, & features. Tested several premium SUVs before getting Murano Platinum AWD; I still think I made best choice!!!)
PaulDay likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wind whistle driver's side window 2016 Nissan Murano

I have a wind whistle on the driver's side window on my 2016 Nissan Murano at speeds over 80kms/hr. A month ago I took it Nissan and they replaced the weather striping by the looks of the service records (attached). I still have the whistle and i am booking it back in in hopes of getting it fixed before my warranty is off in October. Any suggestions as to what to get them to look at? The technician I spoke to said Nissan has no history of this problem on the 2016 Nissan. This thread would suggest otherwise. Has anyone been able to solve the whistle by replacing a certain part?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan service order May 2019.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	49250  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: