User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 05-09-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
15 Murano - P2096

Hi All! New Murano owner here.

Recently took ownership of a 2015 Murano SL for the wife, as we needed to upgrade from her Altima with baby #2 incoming.

CEL popped up over the weekend while I was bringing the vehicle home, P2096 - Trim lean in bank 1

Starting with simplest possible thing I could do away from home and tools, I replaced the air filter. The old one was pretty gunked. Cleared codes, and upon engine start, the CEL went off. Drove a few hundred miles to get home, and on my 2nd to last stop, the CEL came up again.

Once home, I pulled the filter again while making sure I had properly reseated the cover, and noticed some debris in the hose leading into the box. Cleaned that out, closed it up, cleared codes. Many trips of varying lengths and 3 days later, CEL popped up again this morning. Car has never shown any signs of improper performance/function. It starts right up, accelerates smoothly, and idles as expected. Nothing I can point to which would help nail down the cause of the CEL.

I would assume the O2 sensor is the next logical step, but I'm not well versed in Nissan repair/troubleshooting, as our trusty Altima required ZERO fixing over the course of 4.5yrs and 40k miles. I'm always reluctant to visit a dealer for any service, but I might farm this one out, at least for diagnosis.

I drive a BMW X5 Diesel, and do the vast majority of maintenance, diagnosis, and repair myself, so I'm fairly handy.

Anyone experienced similar or have any good jumping off points for me to check?

In the garage:
-2015 Murano SL
-2011 BMW X5 Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Hi All! New Murano owner here.

Recently took ownership of a 2015 Murano SL for the wife, as we needed to upgrade from her Altima with baby #2 incoming.

CEL popped up over the weekend while I was bringing the vehicle home, P2096 - Trim lean in bank 1

Starting with simplest possible thing I could do away from home and tools, I replaced the air filter. The old one was pretty gunked. Cleared codes, and upon engine start, the CEL went off. Drove a few hundred miles to get home, and on my 2nd to last stop, the CEL came up again.

Once home, I pulled the filter again while making sure I had properly reseated the cover, and noticed some debris in the hose leading into the box. Cleaned that out, closed it up, cleared codes. Many trips of varying lengths and 3 days later, CEL popped up again this morning. Car has never shown any signs of improper performance/function. It starts right up, accelerates smoothly, and idles as expected. Nothing I can point to which would help nail down the cause of the CEL.

I would assume the O2 sensor is the next logical step, but I'm not well versed in Nissan repair/troubleshooting, as our trusty Altima required ZERO fixing over the course of 4.5yrs and 40k miles. I'm always reluctant to visit a dealer for any service, but I might farm this one out, at least for diagnosis.

I drive a BMW X5 Diesel, and do the vast majority of maintenance, diagnosis, and repair myself, so I'm fairly handy.

Anyone experienced similar or have any good jumping off points for me to check?
Your best bet is to download the factory service manual for your car here:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptsubs.aspx

Scroll down and click where it says:

4. One day Subscription $19.99

After paying, download all the PDF's into a Murano15 directory and you'll be set to go.

You'll find it a very valuable resourse for your Murano.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2018, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wife took the Murano to the local dealer today for an oil change, and had them look it over.

Aside from the code and the poor tread depth on the tires, everything else checked out well.

As for the code, the kid who helped her at the service counter said that they cleared the code, and drove it a few different times, and were unable to get the code to come back. He told her the Nissan specific code scanning they do pointed to the Air Fuel Sensor, and that if the code appears again, the sensor would need to be replaced.

I was not aware Nissan stored their own unique error codes, but as I mentioned in the OP, I'm not very familiar w/ Nissan troubleshooting and repair.

From what I can tell, it would be the downstream right sensor. I can likely DIY that, as I think it is fairly accessible.

In the garage:
-2015 Murano SL
-2011 BMW X5 Diesel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: