Front Radar Obstruction - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 66 Old 10-11-2018, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
This seems like an amazing fix, if it works, hard to imagine Nissan not trying this right? Seems like having this go bad is one of the most frequent significant repeat posts.

2015 Nissan Murano AWD Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 Old 10-18-2018, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
10/18/2018: Got call from dealer yesterday advising me to bring my car in for a software update which would take 3 hours. So I took it in this morning expecting a three hour wait. After about 45 minutes the service advisor came and told me the fix didn't work! So this is still an issue. Asked him what the next step would be. Said he would get with Nissan to see. Checking my States Lemon Law to see how many times I have to bring it in before the Lemon Law applies. Doesn't seem to me like Nissan is doing much of anything to resolve this.
post #33 of 66 Old 10-21-2018, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
A clear shield sounds good, but I am concerned about what happens when it gets clouded from road debris over time and gets less transparent. Might be cheap to make multiple plexiglass covers from a large sheet and then swap out every 10k or so. Would want to know how to reliably attach so that it stays in place and can be swapped out easily. Keep us posted and post some pics.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 66 Old 10-22-2018, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I took my '18 Murano Platinum AWD into dealership on Thursday, they tried to turn me away saying that there was nothing that can be done, but Nissan knows about the issue but they are not currently communicating with any dealership about the issue.

The reason I took the Murano in was at the request of my regional Nissan Consumer Affairs rep. About after an hour or so at the dealership they said that there was an error code for the sensor and the shop foreman talked with Nissan and they said that the code was not considered a considerable error and to do nothing.

I do not buy this excuse since when the error is active it renders the ICC and Forward braking inoperable. This also renders the Cruise control inoperable since it cannot use the ICC to tell how close you are to the car in front of you.

Just a word of warning, I was on a road trip this past weekend while using the Cruise control the front sensor error out, this caused the cruise control to stop working and applied the brakes to slow the car down, almost causing a accident. This happened to me and my wife both on separate times. I am talking to Nissan about the safety issue as I no longer feel safe with my family in the car if something like this happens again

I am asking Nissan to either fix the issue or buy it back at full price under the Lemon Law and I will go get something else other than Nissan

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail..."
-Unknown
post #35 of 66 Old 10-22-2018, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My 2018 is 7 months old and I have never had this issue. I just returned from a 4000+ road trip and the cruise control ran perfectly. Took a little getting used to because at first I didnít trust it, but got used to it over time.

Last weekend we did have a wet sloppy snow and I did get a warning it was blocked/disabled. Stopped to eat and in the 30 minutes I was stopped the snow melted off and I didnít get the warning again.
post #36 of 66 Old 10-22-2018, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the same problem with my 2017.5 Murano. The beep and the sensor icon seem completely random. I've tried to keep track of weather, traffic, cars cutting in and out in front of me...can find absolutely no consistence. The beep sounded and the icon came on one time at a red light! The sensor has been replaced once already, but my insurance company paid for it because of a very minor front end collision. Within the past few months, I have had the same symptoms as all other posts at this site. I had a discussion with the dealer, my service advisor, the service manager, the mechanic who diagnosed the sensor's problems. Initially the dealer said "Sorry, the sensor is bad but not covered by warranty.' My cost to replace the sensor, though its problems were no fault of mine, was $1,600! Any way, after discussions with the Nissan people, and my insurance company, Nissan told me they would replace the sensor at no cost to me. Great news of course, but what happens in six months when it goes out again? My insurance company approved the claim as an "exception"...something normally not covered. Good of them, but while they were discussing the claim and its ultimate resolution, Nissan did the right thing and agreed to replace the sensor. However, there will be at least a 3 week delay until the part comes in. I experienced the same delay the last time the part was replaced. Aren't many of us asking...why the delay? Are there so many of their customers crying "foul" at this situation? Many non-answer by Nissan, but I still have to admire their ultimate decision to cover the sensor.
post #37 of 66 Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 PM

I had the same issue five months ago. The dealership replaced the detector and the surrounding bracket, per Nissan. All was well, until 2 weeks ago when the problem resurfaced. Took it back to the dealer today, who worked with Nissan on the diagnostic and a course of action. Nissan is aware of this problem, it is occurring on other models, but THEY DO NOT HAVE A SOLUTION!!! So they have instructed the dealer to NOT DO ANYTHING. Nissan will now not cover the cost of another replacement and is "performing an engineering review." There is no date when this review will be completed, no interim course of action, nothing. The dealer has referred me to Consumer Affairs, who I will contact tomorrow when my blood pressure returns to normal. Though, based on the comments I've read throughout the forum, I am not confident that they will do anything either. I can not think of a better way to turn your brand into garbage.
post #38 of 66 Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Thatís weird. My wifeís Ď16 platinum and my Ď18 S base both have fully functioning sensors. I wonder if weíre lucky, or if the few on here complaining are the few. Sounds like itís a real problem though. Sucks for those struggling with it.
post #39 of 66 Old 10-27-2018, 12:59 PM

Ended up taking mine to the dealer to take a look at the issue. They tested it and conclusion is front radar sensor and bracket must be replaced. No cost to me, but have to wait for part to arrive.
post #40 of 66 Old 12-04-2018, 04:31 PM

I thought I would join this conversation as well since my brand new 2018 Murano SL AWD is also experiencing front radar obstruction. I can’t say I’m too Impressed with Nissan on this. And why don’t they have a fix yet??
I have friends you have this feature on other brand vehicles and no one else seems to have this problem. I’ll probably take my vehicle to service and complain about the issue so it’s on record and see if I can submit a formal complaint somewhere. I did see that Nissan has recognized this problem in Sentras but not really other makes. I wonder if I can get a sensor from a different brand and install it???
I’m not sure if I’m posting a reply correctly as this is my first time saying anything. I apologize if it ends up somewhere wierd.
post #41 of 66 Old 12-04-2018, 05:35 PM

So far everyone seems to be getting them fixed. Sure beats the heck out of Ford blowing people off on defective power steering racks for the last 10 years; and coming off the assembly line like that.

I had a Ď13 and Ď15 Mustang and both were defective. Ford replaces the first one and said the second on was ďnormalĒ.

And donít get me started on my Hondas. Junk.

The more complicated cars get, the more defects, recalls, etc. are going to happen.
post #42 of 66 Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 PM

2018 Nissan Murano Front Radar Obstruction

My dealer is waiting for Nissan Corporate to identify and fix the problem. It has been over a few months and still no fix. It is a a nasty distraction when trying to change lanes on the freeway and have the beep and message appear.
I decided to log a formal complaint on the Nissan Consumer affairs website today. I encourage others to the same. The more written complaints the faster the fix. You can locate the "Contact Us" link on the NissanUSA website.
post #43 of 66 Old 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
My 2018 is 7 months old and I have never had this issue. I just returned from a 4000+ road trip and the cruise control ran perfectly. Took a little getting used to because at first I didnít trust it, but got used to it over time.

Last weekend we did have a wet sloppy snow and I did get a warning it was blocked/disabled. Stopped to eat and in the 30 minutes I was stopped the snow melted off and I didnít get the warning again.
This has been my experience. It has only happened during a couple snow storms....so far. Have a 2015 Platinum.
Phil T likes this.
post #44 of 66 Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 PM

My post yesterday on a similar thread:

This is a defective radar sensor that Nissan has known about for the last 2+ years. The part, supplied by Bosch, was noted in an article in Digital Trends in September 2018 (search Google). If affects more than just the Muranos.

As for me. My part failed on my new 2018 Murano last May (car was 3 months old). It was replaced (after a few weeks waiting for the back ordered part) and all was well until October. Then the new part failed as well. Same symptoms as noted here: no reason for failure, cuts out the ACC, then resets after a few minutes. Then it does it again! When I took the car in for service again, it did in fact return the proper error message confirming the known issue. And that's when Nissan instructed the dealer to TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION pending the outcome of a corporate "engineering review." No date for completion of this review is provided. No workarounds are available. So my brand new car "beeps" at me every 5-10 minutes regardless of weather or road conditions. I am also driving a car effectively without cruise control for the first time in 30 years!

North Carolina has a lemon law. However, Nissan seems to have found a way around it. By forcing the customer to wait for their "engineering review" to be completed, and by instructing the dealer to take no action, they get around the conditions that trigger the law from taking effect (i.e., number of days the car is in service, etc.). Neat trick.

Joe
post #45 of 66 Old 01-22-2019, 05:16 PM

Thanks for reposting. lol, I take it youíre pissed off.

@Robotazky