LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #61 of 66 Old 05-14-2019, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDay View Post
Search and your question will be answered. It's already been posted by several posters that Nissan is replacing the sensor with a new part number, which seems to be resolving most of these issues.

Have a good day.
Good suggestion. It might be helpful if people who post to this thread (or others that may come up in future searches) identify which part number they have as a replacement so we can differentiate old part versus new part replacement reliability. Perhaps a moderator could even merge the relevant threads.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 05-17-2019, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Took it in today. They want to replace the wire harness that goes to it for $2599.95 due to damage to the plug that they attempted to repair last time. They can't just replace the plug and the whole front end has to come off to do this. The part is only $366, the rest is labor.

This is the harness as pictured in the service manual. Plug E219 is the only part I need.

Apparently, when the Volvo dealership took it in last year they declined to have the harness replaced at that time. Took the estimate to them to see if they will help. Also looking into finding a salvage Murano to see if I can get just that part of the harness to splice into mine if the Volvo dealer declines to assist.

2015 Cayenne Red AWD Platinum
2011 Red Brick Xterra Pro-4X
post #63 of 66 Old 05-19-2019, 05:19 PM

Went out to the garage this morning to see I could see what the actual damage was to the plug. I found the radar unit itself was loose in the bracket and when I tugged on the connector to pull it off the entire unit came out.

The radar is only held in the bracket with 3 pins.

Part info

You can see where they put some sort of liquid electrical tape on the wires last year

Plug side

Now that I know what the plug looks like and that the sensor is an MRR1Plus made by Bosch I did some googling to see if I could find just the plug. I found that Honda, Chrysler, VW, GM and Tesla use the same sensor.

Success

Aliexpress will only sell them in a package of 5 for $30. I did find another seller on Amazon that sells just 1 for $17

But then I found this!

Wires are already inserted in the correct sockets, would just have to be spliced into my existing harness.

Currently looking for a VW part number for this harness since I donít want to wait a month for it to get here. I did find a company in Texas that claims to sell it for $75 but they donít have any photos to confirm itís the correct part.
MuranoSL2003 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 06-01-2019, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramness View Post
Took it in today. They want to replace the wire harness that goes to it for $2599.95 due to damage to the plug that they attempted to repair last time. They can't just replace the plug and the whole front end has to come off to do this. The part is only $366, the rest is labor.

This is the harness as pictured in the service manual. Plug E219 is the only part I need.

Apparently, when the Volvo dealership took it in last year they declined to have the harness replaced at that time. Took the estimate to them to see if they will help. Also looking into finding a salvage Murano to see if I can get just that part of the harness to splice into mine if the Volvo dealer declines to assist.
Somebody please send a PM to the contributor that they can get that harness fixed. This site will not let me post either a link to the correct replacement connector or to send a PM Here is my message:

Don't ever believe a dealership when they tell you this crap, that a harness cannot be repaired. They just don't want to put a new connector on there. I bought that connector to attach it myself, but the rest of the harness was so messed up I replaced it instead, myself. I sold the unused connector on ebay but ebay does not let me look up the listing. I think this may be the part you need, and you can have an auto electric shop wire it in. Check with the vendor to make sure it is the right one: //connectorexperts/i-26169565-distance-sensor-front.html?network=g&device=c&keyword=&campaign=17 47267607&adgroup=pla-413692779263&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxMjnBRCtARIsAGwWnBOkM1_ d4arXjsKmV4zbrYSlSDkgyEFTf1RNXNzlyPCdVdChXKagRV4aA kCVEALw_wcB

please preface the link https: and place the .com after connectorexperts
post #65 of 66 Old 06-01-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovimus View Post
//connectorexperts/i-26169565-distance-sensor-front.html?network=g&device=c&keyword=&campaign=17 47267607&adgroup=pla-413692779263&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxMjnBRCtARIsAGwWnBOkM1_ d4arXjsKmV4zbrYSlSDkgyEFTf1RNXNzlyPCdVdChXKagRV4aA kCVEALw_wcB

please preface the link https: and place the .com after connectorexperts

I saw that one, $88 and it is not prewired. I bought the VW harness from Ali Express it should be here on the 4th. Since I am going to have to remove my bumper cover and grill to get to the harness I'm going to go ahead and start painting the chrome parts charcoal/ gunmetal.

post #66 of 66 Old Today, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a 2015 Murano Platinum. I've had the sensor fail during snow and as soon as the snow melted, everything was fine.

HOWEVER, I'm also experiencing practically the exact same problem as others are describing. What I notice is that the sensor fails faster when I'm in heavy traffic. If I have no cars around me, it will be fine for 15-20 minutes. If I'm in heavy traffic, it will fail within 1-2.

My dealer is also claiming that this MUST be due to some direct blow to the sensor. I have a couple of nicks to the very bottom of the bumper from where I've scraped along a parking curb but I've had no other damage to the front end. If there was damage, why would the sensor have this intermittent problem? It seems that it would just be inoperable all the time.

After reading this thread, I'm more convinced than ever that this is a defective part. Waiting to hear back from my service advisor.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: