Nizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 08-06-2004, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many TSBs for Lockout?

My '03 (made in November) does the driver door lockout thing (and, no, I am not hitting the mechanical lock).

I can hear the door lock itself if I am standing near the vehicle. It does this if the vehicle has been started (whether running or not) and I have gotten out of the vehicle after that.

This is, of course, not the part where it locks the doors because you unlocked them but did not open a door.

It only locks the driver's door (and I always unlock all doors, and I always carry the fob outside the vehicle, with me, tied to my mittens).

They used a TSB for a Maxima problem. I told them (based on info posted here) that this would not solve the problem. They did it. The problem persisted.

Next service visit, they had TSB#2 (replace the actuator inside the door, leave grease everywhere and leave enough oily stuff that for 3 months, I could put more on the window every time I upped or downed the window).

Problem not solved.

Yesterday, they pulled out TSB#3 and it says to change a harness. They have ordered the harness.

I prefer this door problem to, say, an exploding transmission, or to driving a Ford.

'03 Majestic Blue (aka light black, aka Midnight Blue) SE, ebony "dead cow" fabric, all packages, except Nav., rear bumper protector, rain deflectors, moonroof wind deflector, bug deflector, rubber side molding, 5 rubber mats (is this a fetish?)
post #18 of 20 Old 08-06-2004, 10:29 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I didn't realize there were so may TSB for this one issue. I had the problem... they found a TSB and fixed it the first time. I don't have this issue any more but I on ocassion accidentally hit the door lock when opening the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 Old 08-08-2004, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Despite having the dealer deactivate the "Remote Door Unlock Logic", drivers door has locked by itself twice since then. So next time in the shop they will be replacing the harness. One point though. Although another thread seemed to indicate the unlock logic could be set for 1 minute (default) or 5 minutes or off, as the technician showed me he had 2 choices only - on or off.
My build date is Dec/02 and I am thinking at some point since then the software was updated.

On the related note of TSBs. www.nissanhelp.com (as recently noted by another member), seems to have all the TSBs available for easy download. Suspect my dealer may be non too impressed when I produce the one to retorque the mounting nut for the antenna in an attempt to improve weak radio reception!!

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
post #20 of 20 Old 08-09-2004, 12:12 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As I recall they replaced my harness.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version