Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   Problems (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/)
-   -   A texting COP rear ended me (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/222196-texting-cop-rear-ended-me.html)

Robotaz 02-27-2019 10:49 AM

A texting COP rear ended me
 
So, no matter how good a driver you are, if you avoid every idiot on the road, there are still texting cops to avoid.

I was sitting at a red light, green light, get ready to go, bam. The idiot started going because a car around us took off.

He was no doubt texting. The jerk had the nerve to ask me if he hit me. I was so pissed the whole time I couldn't even look at him. I wanted to cuss him out.

Moral of the story: everyone is an idiot. I hate people.

/rant off

vortex 02-27-2019 01:04 PM

Just out of curiosity, what gave you the impression he was texting? Also, it's a bit disrespectful to call him an idiot just because of a collision. He may have just dealt with a dead child, suicidal parent, really bad car accident, etc. Might have had allot on his mind. He is human. Dont you sometimes feel like crap when something bad happens? Imagine that day in and day out. Also getting crapped on by the public and media.

I just give people the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't want to do that job, but what I know for sure is that when my house was being broken into at 4:30am, I was able to rely on the police to assist.

Moral of my post is.... accidents happen. People are people. Some have very difficult jobs which myself and allot of people I know wouldn't want to do. Cut them some slack. It's not like he did it on purpose to get a pay day.

Blinky19 02-27-2019 02:57 PM

May have been his fault but exactly what evidence do you have he was texting or are you just speculating

Robotaz 02-27-2019 03:37 PM

Because he was a jackass not paying attention. What the hell else would he have been doing, and is it better than texting?

Make excuses for him because heís a cop.

**** cops.

@Robotazky

vortex 02-27-2019 06:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It's just a minor car accident..........

It's all fine and dandy to vent. But keep in mind, you're probably not perfect yourself. And you're just as human...

Not to offend you. Just saying....

Phil T 02-27-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotaz (Post 737598)
Because he was a jackass not paying attention. What the hell else would he have been doing, and is it better than texting?

Make excuses for him because heís a cop.

**** cops.

@Robotazky

Well remember that next time you need one. I suggest you do a ride a long with one some day and see what their day is like.

surban1 02-27-2019 06:58 PM

that was an idiotic thing to do, so I concur that the offender, in this instance a police officer, can rightly be deemed and called an idiot. everyone, not just police, always have things happening in their lives; if it's too much for them to still be able to properly control a ~ 2 ton vehicle, they should not be behind the wheel. what if it was a pedestrian instead of a car? I don't know what benefit of the doubt or slack a rear-ending cop deserves; if anything, police should be even more aware of and attuned to the hazards of distracted/inattentive/etc driving and so might rightly be held to a higher standard than us mere mortals. i'm not cop hater but i'm not a cop apologist either. for all, if the shoe fits...
anyhow, did he give himself a ticket? it would seem that at least one was warranted.

Robotaz 02-27-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil T (Post 737610)
Well remember that next time you need one. I suggest you do a ride a long with one some day and see what their day is like.


Like I need to ride along to see people are idiots and cops deal with idiots. Doesnít change the fact an idiot hit me and crashed my car being an idiot.

@Robotazky

vortex 02-27-2019 08:12 PM

We live in a society of complainers and hate. Dont add to it. If its his fault, its his fault. Your insurance will see that and deal with it.

Its funny because I've never been involved with cops. But then again I dont do stupid things. None of my family, friends, coworkers that I'm aware of have been negatively impacted by police. The only person I know who complained about police was an individual I knew in college. He was a drug dealer and ruined peoples lives. He couldn't resist the temptation to call them every negative term you can think of.

I'm in no way saying you're like him and I'm also not an apologist for police. I would say the same for fire department, paramedic, mechanic, garbage man. They are all people and mistakes happen.

Sure, if he rear ended you and then used his authority to twist around the report and end up putting you at fault and charging you, then sure **** him. But it doesnt sound like that happened.

Dont be a sheep of the media and follow the whole "anti police" movement. It's not the cool thing to do. I bet majority of the people who crap on them would call then right away for help.

I've always looked at it this way. If you hate the cops, then either your a bad driver, a criminal, a teenager, or easily influenced by the exaggerated stories you hear from the media/others.

That's just always been my opinion. You wont change it. But then again, I'm just the guy who services furnaces and air conditioners. I guess I dont have an opportunity to deal with them often.

Statcher1 02-27-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotaz (Post 737598)
Because he was a jackass not paying attention. What the hell else would he have been doing, and is it better than texting?

Make excuses for him because heís a cop.

**** cops.

@Robotazky



Wow. After that last bit of your post. I had to comment. I hope that if you ever need the cops. Youíll hang up the phone and deal with the problem on your own. Just so you can see what kind of problems they have to deal with. A cop can have a accident just as easy and quickly as any one else. Give the guy a break nobody is perfect. Thatís what insurance is for anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robotaz 02-27-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortex (Post 737622)
We live in a society of complainers and hate. Dont add to it. If its his fault, its his fault. Your insurance will see that and deal with it.

Its funny because I've never been involved with cops. But then again I dont do stupid things. None of my family, friends, coworkers that I'm aware of have been negatively impacted by police. The only person I know who complained about police was an individual I knew in college. He was a drug dealer and ruined peoples lives. He couldn't resist the temptation to call them every negative term you can think of.

I'm in no way saying you're like him and I'm also not an apologist for police. I would say the same for fire department, paramedic, mechanic, garbage man. They are all people and mistakes happen.

Sure, if he rear ended you and then used his authority to twist around the report and end up putting you at fault and charging you, then sure **** him. But it doesnt sound like that happened.

Dont be a sheep of the media and follow the whole "anti police" movement. It's not the cool thing to do. I bet majority of the people who crap on them would call then right away for help.

I've always looked at it this way. If you hate the cops, then either your a bad driver, a criminal, a teenager, or easily influenced by the exaggerated stories you hear from the media/others.

That's just always been my opinion. You wont change it. But then again, I'm just the guy who services furnaces and air conditioners. I guess I dont have an opportunity to deal with them often.


Iíve had cops try to ruin my life over nothing. I hate them and always will. Donít care if anyone understands or like it.

Today I was rear ended by an idiot not paying attention. Combine that with the fact heís a cop and I just assume punch him than say hi. Screw Ďem.

@Robotazky

Robotaz 02-27-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statcher1 (Post 737626)
Wow. After that last bit of your post. I had to comment. I hope that if you ever need the cops. Youíll hang up the phone and deal with the problem on your own. Just so you can see what kind of problems they have to deal with. A cop can have a accident just as easy and quickly as any one else. Give the guy a break nobody is perfect. Thatís what insurance is for anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


In no way do I ever want a cop involved in my life. I protect myself and donít want their interference. The only time Iíve ever been robbed was a cop in Chicago breaking my car window out and stealing everything while I was on vacation. I wish theyíd stay away from me, far away.

@Robotazky

I need coffee 02-27-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotaz (Post 737586)
...Moral of the story: everyone is an idiot. I hate people.

/rant off

You do realize that "everyone" includes you, don't you? ;)

But seriously...you're pissed off that someone rear-ended you while you were just sitting at a stop light. Perfectly understandable. I think everyone is reading too much into the fact that it was a police officer. If it was a taxi driver then you would be going off on taxi drivers.

BTW...How bad was the damage? Do you have any pics to share?

EDIT: After reading the post just before this one, I stand corrected. There's clearly some history here...I suggest that a moderator just close this thread. Nothing good is going to come out of this "discussion."

vortex 02-27-2019 09:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
That Chicago cop who broke the window and stole your stuff. Was he by any chance executing a warrant and seizing evidence?

Just want to make sure the facts are clear. If not, then I understand your frustration. But to give you some perspective. The two guys who broke into my home were Colombian. Should I now not trust any Colombian? Are they all idiots?

Bad apples exist everywhere.... for every 1 bad example, there is 100 good ones. That goes for every field. Cop, doctor, accountant, etc. Maybe except for politicians. They are an exception to that rule.

TiberiusGavier 02-28-2019 01:41 AM

Whenever you are involved in an accident and it is the other person's fault, I totally get that it's annoying and yeah I call people idiots too all the time because we ALL literally are. And if someone hit my car or parked too close to me in a parking lot and smashed their door into mine, I would get extremely pissed off and annoyed. However, I seem to be getting the sense that you are hating on this person solely because they are a cop... which isn't making you look so good yourself. I'm not saying cops are perfect. I work with them every single day, and yeah a lot of them can be a bunch of stuck up, self-righteous, power-hungry a-holes. But most of them actually aren't. Most of them are actually really nice people, completely normal people, just going to work because they have to go to work like everybody else. Accidents happen to everyone. As the guys said above, no one is perfect. As great as it could be, cops aren't perfect and are going to make mistakes.

But since you do hate cops so much, I would like to point out a few different things here:

Perhaps you don't realize just how much is going on inside that cop car. There have been countless videos on this saying that we expect cops to be able to do WAY too much inside that car. First off, they have an MDT which is a computer sitting right next to them. The position is different for each agency, but most of the MDT's are not in a good position. They are often too far down, so it is hard to see that and pay attention to driving. Number two, they are expected to be paying attention to these MDT's WHILE they are driving because this is where all their information is coming from. It is from these that they are reading the notes on the call they are responding on (you know - information like when when they pull up on scene at a call if the person is armed with a gun or a knife or if the suicidal female is currently standing in the street threatening suicide by cop. This is rather important information, and information that you kinda want to know rather than literally just driving up into it....because unfortunately most of the time cops don't have time to roll up on scene and then sit in their car and read the notes. Now granted - the majority of this information should be getting aired to them over the radio........ but you never know, especially if they are in a big busy agency, so cops need to pay attention to those notes). If they aren't reading the notes on their call, chances are they are clearing people to see if the person they are about to make contact with has felony warrants, misdemeanor warrants, probation hits, restraining orders, protection orders, sex offender hits, attempt to locates....... (again this should be getting aired to them, but ya never know especially if its a big agency). If not that, they are getting messages on gate codes, descriptions, DL photos so they know who they are looking for, etc, etc, etc. As if this was not enough, they need to be listening to the radio all the time (if they don't respond, someone is going to start towards them lights and sirens because it is assumed they are in trouble) and are often on the phone trying to handle calls too. Is this too much information to be getting? Yep. Is this too much information to be getting while driving? You betcha, but unfortunately it is expected of them.

On top of all this, get in a cop car and see what it looks like. There is a lot to see. There is equipment everywhere. It's actually very difficult to see things around all the crap in the car.

As someone pointed out above, you never know what that cop had been dealing with. How would you like to watch a child/man/adult stab themselves or walk into a room where someone pulled the trigger and their brains are LITERALLY dripping from the ceiling and splattered over the door. Or go see the aftermath of a DV or a violent rape. Go listen to the screams and the cries...and then I expect you to just go back to normal life immediately after. Furthermore, how would you like to go into calls where people are armed with guns after just robbing a gas station and you already know they WILL and are going to shoot at you. How about this? How would you like to wonder when you walk up to every single house when you are responding because it is your job and you must - is this person a cop hater like Robotaz is? Are they going to shoot me? Perhaps if you think of it like that, you will understand why cops are a bit overprotective of themselves and standoffish. They are trained to be like that for their own safety. If you reach into your pockets, yeah they are gunu overreact because who knows what that person has in that pocket and who knows..... most people hate cops now adays so its highly likely you will try to hurt them.

Perhaps you should also get a better understanding that cops are just doing their jobs. They are called out because they've received the information and are required to as it is their job. If you call into the police asking for help, we respond. If your neighbor calls in saying they hear screaming coming from your house, we respond. Even if it's obviously a stupid call, we can't just say "oh, this is stupid". You have to respond because it has been brought to your attention and must be addressed. If you have warrants or have not obeyed the conditions of a restraining order, or the thousand of other reasons sorry- they have to take action on it and they're just doing their job.

Something else - if you hate cops so much, don't pick and choose when to use them. Don't call them for help in your worst moments and then hate on them all the rest of the time. You claim you'll never use them and just to keep them out of your life, but I guarantee you when you have to pick between living or dying you'll call 911. On another note, take a moment to imagine a world where there was no authority to enforce the laws. That would be a terrible place to live in.

And something else - DON'T be a fool and just listen to what the media spoon-feeds to you. Do some thorough research and your opinion will change for the majority of stories. It is easy and it makes a good story to hate on cops, but 95% of the time you are not getting all the information. They edit things, they show you what they want to show you because that's exactly what people want to see and that's what will make the headlines.

*****

Was it the cops fault? Duh, totally. He hit you. I'd be pissed off too. But I don't think it needs to go any further than that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome