A/C Sensor on Pass Side Instrument Panel - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 08-10-2004, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Question A/C Sensor on Pass Side Instrument Panel

Would anyone know if this sensor can be made less sensitive.
Assume a sunny day with outside temp of 80F. Inside temp set at 72or 73F, fan on auto runs at 2 or 3 segments on the display and everyone is very comfortable, sometimes almost too cool since the A/C seems highly efficient.
Then the sun goes behind a cloud, (or the MO is in the shadow of a tall building or similar). The sensor notes the absence of the sun, seems to assume it is cooler outside even through the ouside air temp has not changed and immediately reduces the fan speed. Result is that the cabin warms up, which I counter by turning the temp down a couple of degrees.
The the sun comes out from behind the cloud and its meat locker time, unless I adjust the cabin temp up a couple of notches.

The radio auto volume level has three settings which are user accessible. Hoping similar settings for this sensor even if only dealer accesssible. Thoughts anyone?

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-11-2004, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A/C sensor

You guys get sun on the east coast, amazing !! ( just kidding)
Just came back from the interior of B.C . ( Shuswap lakes area) where the sun and clouds played tag all day. Every time the cloud took over the ambient temperature dropped by 5C degrees, and ten when the sun reappeared the temperature shot back up rather quickly to 34-38C.

My wife and I did not notice a radical temperature swing inside the Mo and it seem to keep the temperature fairly constant so that everyone is comfortable. Maybe the humidity was very high on those days, something that we do not normally get out here like you do down east. I use to live in N.S. and remember how high the humidity would get.

2003 Silver murano
SL AWD
Sunroof
Sunroof deflector
Roof rack cross bars
Cloud rider lower grill
Bug deflector
2011 VW Jetta TDI
post #3 of 13 Old 08-26-2004, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Re: A/C Sensor on Pass Side Instrument Panel

Quote:
Originally posted by rjardine
The radio auto volume level has three settings which are user accessible.
How do you access the radio auto volume control settings?

Thanks

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Super Senior Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From the owner's manual for the 2003:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf radio speed sensitive setting 2003 murano.pdf (27.4 KB, 649 views)
post #5 of 13 Old 08-26-2004, 06:26 PM

Thank you!

I guess I should be reading the manual before asking these questions! Thank you for the post.

post #6 of 13 Old 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Super Senior Member

Re: Thank you!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebelkhan
I guess I should be reading the manual before asking these questions! Thank you for the post.
Not an issue I mean seriously, who's got time to read the manual when you've got a new Murano to drive and enjoy!

Reading the manual comes later in the ownership cycle, like when you have trouble sleeping, it'll help a lot.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-27-2004, 11:32 AM

Re: Re: Thank you!

Quote:
Originally posted by dklanecky1

who's got time to read the manual when you've got a new Murano to drive and enjoy!
You are not kidding. This is the first car I ever owned that did not try to "learn" its manual first and jumped right into the driver's seat to start the fun. From the number of downloads of your attachement, I guess there are many like me out there!

post #8 of 13 Old 08-27-2004, 11:45 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I must be a geek. I had downloaded and read the manual prior to purchasing the MO. I wanted to be sure that the MO and I would have a good long term relationship.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo
I must be a geek. I had downloaded and read the manual prior to purchasing the MO. I wanted to be sure that the MO and I would have a good long term relationship.
I ordered my Murano in February 2003 (15th) and didn't get delivery until July 26th. I had purchased and downloaded the service manual and was pretty familar with it's contents before I ever had the Murano.

I had the new fog light bulbs, new parking bulbs, K&N filter, a new bottle of Dawn, All in One products, and all the microfiber you could ever use sitting in the garage just waiting. My wife was convinced I'd lost it somewhere along the line..........

It was almost anti-climatic when it finally arrived.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 AM

Question In-cabin Temp Sensor

Hey All!

New to the org here. Recently, the Auto Climate Control button is not functioning correctly. If auto is selected (hot or cold outside) it doesn't seem to adjust. Since this started, my CVT has been replaced (at 80k) so now I am trying to fix all the little things to regain the love for my MO. Yesw, I said love! Sunlite Copper w/ matching leather. Awesome color and interior. While they had my MO for two weeks replacing the tansmission, I asked about the AC and the Auto function. I was told ($79 for a diagnostic later) ir was the in cabin sensor. The estimate was $200. I am trying to locate this myself and replace it. Any info on where it is located and where I can get one. I think it might be connected to the interior fuse box (black) or just to the right of the fuse box (white cube). I searched the web and can't seem to find it.

Glad to be here.

Jeff
post #11 of 13 Old 08-14-2011, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_oh44054 View Post
Hey All!

New to the org here. Recently, the Auto Climate Control button is not functioning correctly. If auto is selected (hot or cold outside) it doesn't seem to adjust. Since this started, my CVT has been replaced (at 80k) so now I am trying to fix all the little things to regain the love for my MO. Yesw, I said love! Sunlite Copper w/ matching leather. Awesome color and interior. While they had my MO for two weeks replacing the tansmission, I asked about the AC and the Auto function. I was told ($79 for a diagnostic later) ir was the in cabin sensor. The estimate was $200. I am trying to locate this myself and replace it. Any info on where it is located and where I can get one. I think it might be connected to the interior fuse box (black) or just to the right of the fuse box (white cube). I searched the web and can't seem to find it.

Glad to be here.

Jeff
What year is your Murano? Let us know and we can give you a link to the Factory Service Manual for your Mo.

eeeee
post #12 of 13 Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 AM

It is a 2005. That would be awesome. Really getting into this site. Looking for ideas to improve my MO.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
jd-

There are three (3) in-cabin sensors. Did they say which one it was?

There are two temperature sensors and one sunlight sensor. One temperature sensor is located on the right side of the driver-side lower dash. The other is located behind the dash on the intake side of the evaporator coil. The sunlight sensor is located on the leading edge of the dash on the passenger side.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: