CVTz50: Murano CVT/Engine diagnostics for Android with ELM327 - New Year giveaway - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 01-06-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Arrow CVTz50: Murano CVT/Engine diagnostics for Android with ELM327 - New Year giveaway

Nissanmurano.org members (joined before 3 Jan 2018) can get CVT diagnostic software CVTz50 free of charge till Jan 31. Just send a PM to me and you will receive promocode that can be redeemed at google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cvtz50.cvtz50 allowing to download the application for free.
The number of codes is limited.

CVTz50 is Android application for Murano CVT/Engine diagnostics, maintenance and minor tuning.
Having features similar to dealer's scan tool (but limited to CVT and engine), adding unique functionality like reading CVT error codes which were erased previously and special fluid pressure tests.
Main features:
- Read/clear CVT and engine diagnostic trouble codes; for z50 and z51 also reads CVT codes erased earlier
- Read/clear CVT fluid deterioration counter (according to Nissan Service Manual, the counter should be cleared after each fluid change)
- Change Engine Brake Level (sometimes allowing to get rid of feeling like towing a trailer when accelerator released)
- CVT live data monitoring: fluid temperature, torque, gear ratio, pressures (including special pressure tests for early CVT failure detection before control module lights up a DTC)
- Change engine idle speed (sometimes decreases vibration when idling and decreases CVT pressure drops)
- Change engine ignition timing (touch this only if you know what you're doing)
More information here: CVTz50 – CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) diagnostics for Android with ELM327

The app requires ELM327-compatible OBDII Bluetooth2.0 or WiFi interface (available from multiple sellers at Ebay/Amazon/Aliexpress). Works well with devices having genuine ELM327 chip. Also works with cheap China clones of ELM327, but in this case adapter shall have "real version 1.5" built on chip PIC18F25K80 (majority of China "ELM327 version 2.1" adapters are not capable to work with CVT). More details on adapters selection here: How to buy proper ELM327 v1.5 OBD diagnostic interface
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
CVTz50: Murano CVT/Engine diagnostics for Android with ELM327 - New Year give...

Appears to be SPAM this is from Russia

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 6 Old 01-06-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkruseelle View Post
Appears to be SPAM
Nope. At least the moderator did not mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkruseelle View Post
this is from Russia
No Russian hackers here, 146%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-25-2018, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
fyi to all, this is a GREAT ap / program!! the op / creator should put post in the main sections to let Murano people know about this; i'll vouch for it 100%. it shows regular & cvt dtc's, lets you adjust idle, ignition and engine braking parameters and super best allows monitoring what the cvt is doing (e.g., giving you the fluid deterioration number)!!!

to the op, does this work on all Nissan cvts (especially like what's in the maxima)? if so, go post on maxima.org for they seem to be into / play with their cars more than most Murano folks seem to be.

once again, great ap and a bargain at twice the price. thank you for developing it. please continue to work/update it but it's pretty good already. and no, i'm not a shill, not getting paid or making something off my endorsement of this ap besides turning Nissan cvt people onto something great and hopefully the creator of it keeps updating and improving it. I've only used it on a 2nd gen Murano so far but will keep informed as I use it more.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-14-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum and just downloaded this. How come I can’t adjust idle rpm and timing? Am I doing something wrong?
post #6 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldon1finger View Post
Hey I have a 2017.5 Murano Platinum and just downloaded this. How come I can’t adjust idle rpm and timing? Am I doing something wrong?
Those settings are only available for older Muranos.

From the Google Play page:

"- Adjust Idle RPM and Ignition timing; Idle air volume learning (only for Murano Z50 and related vehicles produced before 2010)"

Also, for those experiencing problems with your ELM327 reader, there are a number of workarounds for various ELM327 readers available in the Settings menu that may be worth trying.

2019 Nissan Murano SL with Tech Package

Previous Vehicles:
2003 Nissan Murano SL
2000 Nissan Maxima SE
1986 Nissan Pathfinder SE
1982 Toyota Celica Supra
1978 Toyota Celica GT Liftback
1974 Celica ST Coupe
1967 Mercury Cougar

1986 Yamaha Maxim-X 700
1990 Yamaha FJ1200
1986 Yamaha Maxim 700