Nissanmurano.org members (joined before 3 Jan 2018) can get CVT diagnostic software CVTz50 free of charge till Jan 31. Just send a PM to me and you will receive promocode that can be redeemed at google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cvtz50.cvtz50
allowing to download the application for free.
The number of codes is limited.
CVTz50 is Android application for Murano CVT/Engine diagnostics, maintenance and minor tuning.
Having features similar to dealer's scan tool (but limited to CVT and engine), adding unique functionality like reading CVT error codes which were erased previously and special fluid pressure tests.
- Read/clear CVT and engine diagnostic trouble codes; for z50 and z51 also reads CVT codes erased earlier
- Read/clear CVT fluid deterioration counter (according to Nissan Service Manual, the counter should be cleared after each fluid change)
- Change Engine Brake Level (sometimes allowing to get rid of feeling like towing a trailer when accelerator released)
- CVT live data monitoring: fluid temperature, torque, gear ratio, pressures (including special pressure tests for early CVT failure detection before control module lights up a DTC)
- Change engine idle speed (sometimes decreases vibration when idling and decreases CVT pressure drops)
- Change engine ignition timing (touch this only if you know what you're doing)
More information here: CVTz50 – CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) diagnostics for Android with ELM327
The app requires ELM327-compatible OBDII Bluetooth2.0 or WiFi interface (available from multiple sellers at Ebay/Amazon/Aliexpress). Works well with devices having genuine ELM327 chip. Also works with cheap China clones of ELM327, but in this case adapter shall have "real version 1.5" built on chip PIC18F25K80 (majority of China "ELM327 version 2.1" adapters are not capable to work with CVT). More details on adapters selection here: How to buy proper ELM327 v1.5 OBD diagnostic interface