Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   Audio & Electronics (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/69-audio-electronics/)
-   -   Factory speaker upgrade (2014 SV Murano non-Bose stereo) (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/69-audio-electronics/180505-factory-speaker-upgrade-2014-sv-murano-non-bose-stereo.html)

DarkMeth 12-06-2014 12:04 AM

Factory speaker upgrade (2014 SV Murano non-Bose stereo)

6 Attachment(s)
Today I took the leap. I replaced the factory speakers in my non-Bose 2014 SV MO. My choice, (2) pairs of Infinity Primus PR6502iS 6.5 speakers. I also opted for the no splice/soldering option by going with factory speaker connectors (SpiralAudio #SH-0006 ) and (2) pairs of speaker adapters for MO.

Overall installation experience, easy and quick. Total installation time was about 60 mins for all (4) doors. Doing the speaker prep in advance along with the OEM connectors made it a breeze. The results, much improved sound from the factory stereo. Vocals are clear and base is tighter. The factory stereo has a "Sound Phase" filter that you can enable/disable in the audio settings. Depending on the audio source, some it helped, some not so much. I definitely need to look at adding a powered sub to give the system an extra bump.

Prep Pics:

Attachment 24729

Attachment 24737

Attachment 24745

Attachment 24753

Attachment 24761

Attachment 24769

Save yourself the $150+ in install fees and do it yourself. Hit me up if you're thinking about taking the leap and have questions. :)

DarkMeth 12-25-2014 02:45 AM

[Update] After several weeks of upgrading the factory speakers, what a huge difference. I've noticed that the factory stereo does not power front and rear speakers evenly. Front speakers get more priority. I assume this is because of the built-in hands-free BT option. I noticed it before the upgrade and it's more noticeable after. Fader and enabling/disabling the factory phase audio filter have been my friend. Hope this helps if you're considering doing a similar upgrade.

mattski 01-08-2015 06:51 AM

I was thinking of upgrading my 4 door speakers to the infinity primus as you did. Have always loved the sound of infinity in two previous vehicles...tight bass and crisp all around. Even though I have Bose, sounds muddied at elevated levels. How hard was door panel removal?

DarkMeth 01-08-2015 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattski (Post 477610)
I was thinking of upgrading my 4 door speakers to the infinity primus as you did. Have always loved the sound of infinity in two previous vehicles...tight bass and crisp all around. Even though I have Bose, sounds muddied at elevated levels. How hard was door panel removal?

@mattski - Very easy actually. Took about 15 mins per door since I did the pre-work on mounting the speakers on the adapters and using the aftermarket factory wire terminals. The following exploded views from the service manual helped me too. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachment 25386

Attachment 25394

larry1960 01-10-2015 10:28 AM

Be Careful Bose systems do not work not the same. They have voltage on the speaker lines and will damage after market speakers. I would remove the factory amplifier and install a 4 channel amp in place of the factory. I did that is my 2005 and it was great.