Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   Audio & Electronics (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/69-audio-electronics/)
-   -   2017.5 Radio in 2016 (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/69-audio-electronics/216018-2017-5-radio-2016-a.html)

Serpentor 12-08-2017 07:22 PM

2017.5 Radio in 2016
 
Is it possible to do a simple radio swap? I know where a 2017.5 is at (junk yard) and would buy the radio to put in 2016 if it is an easy task. I want the Carplay and newer maps, but I am unsure if this is possible.

Robotaz 12-10-2017 10:38 AM

Good question. Id be interested to hear.

chuckrock16 12-14-2017 12:34 PM

Very interesting. Probably would work as long as the harness is the same. Some folks have been doing this with the maxima: https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...carplay-6.html

Serpentor 12-14-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotaz (Post 694746)
Good question. Id be interested to hear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckrock16 (Post 695106)
Very interesting. Probably would work as long as the harness is the same. Some folks have been doing this with the maxima

I'll find out tomorrow :)

Serpentor 12-15-2017 11:23 AM

I've been reading more about the Maxima swaps and am almost 100% positive this is going to work. The radios they are using appear to be the same as ours with different dash trim, so if they can swap, we can too! I'll update you guys this evening once the radio arrives and I get it installed.

Serpentor 12-16-2017 09:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's a success! Everything works as expected, including feeding song info to the speedometer cluster.

Robotaz 12-16-2017 02:40 PM

Wow. Great news!

zider 12-20-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpentor (Post 695578)
It's a success! Everything works as expected, including feeding song info to the speedometer cluster.

Is there a specific part number we should be looking for at junk yards to ensure that this is a 2017.5 model with carplay?

Serpentor 12-23-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zider (Post 696169)
Is there a specific part number we should be looking for at junk yards to ensure that this is a 2017.5 model with carplay?

The one I got is 25915-9UC2A.

dknelson 12-28-2017 09:59 AM

You installed yours in a 2016. Do you have any information as to whether it would work in a 2015?

Serpentor 12-28-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknelson (Post 697009)
You installed yours in a 2016. Do you have any information as to whether it would work in a 2015?

I am 99% certain it will work since the 2015 and 2016 appear to use the same radio.

dknelson 12-28-2017 02:18 PM

Thank you. Now to find one.

Migs109 01-20-2018 10:23 PM

Hi Serpentor, thanks for the information. But I got a question. How did you know you found a 2017.5 head unit? Did you do a search on the VIN number? Or was there another way to tell the radio is from a 2017.5? Thank in advance!

PaulDay 01-21-2018 07:43 AM

Two quick questions.
 
Is yours a stock radio or Bose setup?


Did either your radio or the replacement radio have navigation? EDIT Sorry I forgot that you mentioned that you wanted updated maps, me bad ;)


Answers will help others make the decision.


Thanks and have a great day.

Serpentor 01-22-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migs109 (Post 702658)
Hi Serpentor, thanks for the information. But I got a question. How did you know you found a 2017.5 head unit? Did you do a search on the VIN number? Or was there another way to tell the radio is from a 2017.5? Thank in advance!


The seller (auto recycler) stated it came out of a 2017.5. I trusted him based on reputation. Others may want to check the VIN of the donor vehicle first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulDay (Post 702674)
Is yours a stock radio or Bose setup?


Did either your radio or the replacement radio have navigation? EDIT Sorry I forgot that you mentioned that you wanted updated maps, me bad ;)


Answers will help others make the decision.


Thanks and have a great day.


Mine is the non-Bose system. I see no reason for the swap to not work for the Bose guys, though. Just make sure the 2017.5 radio that you get comes from a car with the Bose system.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome