Kumho Tires - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 61 Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had my Kumo 35k miles now, it had the balance problem at the first install. I remember the shop I took it to use the normal tire balance machine (The red color machine put the tire on and spin, and tell you where to put the weight on.) It gave me virbation at 60 mph only. Then, I took it to discount tire, They have another tire balance machine that anlalysis tire's weight to do the balance. Then they slove the virbation problem. However, that serive is little bit more expensive than the normal tire balance machine. Also, It always give me virbation problem at 60 mph after rotation again for at least 200-300 miles. I really dont know why, but I dont want to wait at discount tire again. so I deal with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to bigjohn Send a message via Skype™ to bigjohn
Add me to the list of members currently running Kumho Solus tires; 250 miles and loving the feel thus far!

2004 Super Black SL AWD

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD
post #33 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Senior Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to milgrad
Anybody have any luck with the Kumo KL21....I see most places sell the KR21 and the KL21 looks like a newer tires for SUV's.

New MO: 2009 SL AWD Platinum/Charcoal Tech, Premium, Nav, Leather, Dual Panel Roof, XPEL Clear Bra, Remote Start, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Front Windows, Rear Bumper Protector, Headrest DVD.

Previous MO: 2005 SL AWD Platinum/Charchoal/NAV/VDC/Mobile Entertainment System/Touring Package, Tinted Front Windows, K&N Air Filter, X-Pel Clear Bra, OEM XM Radio, Remote Start, Front Window control from remote

Previous MO:2004 SL AWD Blue/Latte/NAV/VDC/Touring Package/XM-SAT/Remote Start/X-Pel Clear Bra/Tinted Front Windows/K&N Airfilter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Don't know about KL but I am going on 53k miles on my KR set and from their looks, they should have a good 25k or 30k life left on them. I bit noisy as they are getting older but still better than GY with the same mileage.

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #35 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Senior Member

Thanks...and you are happy with them? Our local sears has them on sale for $95 a tire so I think I am going to go that route....

New MO: 2009 SL AWD Platinum/Charcoal Tech, Premium, Nav, Leather, Dual Panel Roof, XPEL Clear Bra, Remote Start, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Front Windows, Rear Bumper Protector, Headrest DVD.

Previous MO: 2005 SL AWD Platinum/Charchoal/NAV/VDC/Mobile Entertainment System/Touring Package, Tinted Front Windows, K&N Air Filter, X-Pel Clear Bra, OEM XM Radio, Remote Start, Front Window control from remote

Previous MO:2004 SL AWD Blue/Latte/NAV/VDC/Touring Package/XM-SAT/Remote Start/X-Pel Clear Bra/Tinted Front Windows/K&N Airfilter
post #36 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
When I sold the MO, Kumho's had 30K on them, don't know which I had but they had an 80K warranty. They wore twice as good a the stock GYE but like Zeb said, they were nosier, road noise had been almost twice that of the GY.

Former 2004 SL/Polished Pewter 2WD
2004 Infiniti G-35 2 door Coupe
New 2014 SL/ Pearl White/Mud Flaps/WeatherTech Mats, Stainless Steel Bumper Protector
post #37 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Add me to the list of members currently running Kumho Solus tires; 250 miles and loving the feel thus far!
My experience with the Kumho Solus is just the opposite. I got them cheap at Tirerack a couple of years ago. They lasted about 30k (OEM Eagles had 55k) and started pulling to the side on day one. Perhaps I got defective tires, but decided to not risk it again. I went with Michelin Cross Terrain this time. I'll report back how the Michelin performs.
post #38 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
The only place I could find the Kumhos was Sears, and I would never let that place touch any car of mine. So I went with the Coopers (for comparable $$).
post #39 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Senior Member

which Coopers did you go with? The CS4?

post #40 of 61 Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milgrad View Post
which Coopers did you go with? The CS4?
Yep, CS4's. About 1 1/2 years ago they were $590 installed with a good warranty - including tax and after a $40 Cooper rebate (which I think I just saw advertised again).

They ride great, were good in the snow last winter, and after 19K miles still look almost new. I've rotated them twice, and will be doing it again at my upcoming, Oct. oil change.
post #41 of 61 Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Super Senior Member

Has anybody installed the Kumho KL21? I know most people got the KR21 installed, but the KL21 is a new tire they came out with this year designed for SUV's. I am able to get them for $120 a tire.

post #42 of 61 Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Senior Member

Anybody else want to chime in? Need to decide what tires to get...Looking at the Kumho KL21, Cooper CS4, Hancook, and mastercraft avenger.

post #43 of 61 Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
sev

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What did you decide on?
post #44 of 61 Old 03-24-2011, 05:08 PM

We had a total of 4 sets of tires on our '03 before we traded her with 108K miles. None lasted more than 31-34K miles. The shell content in our asphalt here in FL eats through tires like mad. We had two sets of Goodyear LS (nothing else available at the time for the first tire change). We then went with the Kumho's which were just okay. Highly disappointed with the poor durability, and the hoops we had to jump through with Tire Rack just wasn't worth the hassle. Had to prove rotations and pay for shipping back to them, and that didn't guarantee they would replace them under warranty. The final set we wound up with were BF Goodrich Long Trails. Awesome tire! Much quieter and better handling than any of the others. When we traded the car last month, there was still plenty of tread left.

'11 FWD LE Graphite Blue
-Beige Leather
-Splash Guards
-Rear Bumper Protector
-Factory Cargo Cover
-WeatherTech Floor Liner & Cargo Mat
-3M Xpel Bra, Mirrors, Lights
-Front Side window tint to match rears
post #45 of 61 Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 PM
sev

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Decided to go with the KR21 for $450 installed with 24 months road hazard and free lifetime rotation against my second choice Yokohama Avid EnVigor for $700.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: