2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 18 Old 07-21-2018, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robincendre View Post
I hope to revive this post, since it is exactly what I am looking for - new tires for my 2011 SV.

I live in a hot and humid climate and rain is the most severe adverse condition I drive in. I will never drive in snow or ice with this car. I have a 5 mile commute to work, and put at most 9,000k miles on my car yearly, with the help of a couple of extended road trips - mostly freeway driving. I drive a bit aggressively. I am looking for a quiet ride with good handling, and on the cheaper side. My ABS is a joke, I still end up sliding around when it is engaged, and I am attributing that to my bad tires... or maybe my bad driving. I'm looking for something to last about 40,000 miles or 4 years when I estimate I'd get a different car.

I found some Toyo Open Country A25 235/65R18 106T for $118 per tire but they have no tread wear listing or any warranty because they are after market. I'd be willing to give these a go if anyone has had a good experience or can recommend something else.
IMHO: Toyo Open Country is absolutely the WRONG tire for your application. Fairly hard compound - rough ride, no wet performance), all about tire wear....
jdedgewood likes this.

'13 SL
Former owner:
'03 SL
'07 SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 07-23-2018, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just finished my second set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires and unfortunately it looks like they stopped making them in the Murano sizes. Was really happy with their performance especially in the rain.

Based on TireRack recommendations in the high performance all-season category, the top 2 choices in Murano sizes are the Yokohama AVID ENVigor and Sumitomo HTR A/S P02. The Sumitomo is reviewed higher but it's a newer model with less miles reviewed. Both tires have a few complaints of noise but it does not seem consistent. The Sumitomo can actually be found significantly cheaper than the Yokohama so I have a set coming this week. Have had the Murano for 12 years now but maybe replacing it soon so don't mind taking a chance on tires.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-07-2018, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did buy the Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 from WalMart. They were very inexpensive. The WalMart experience left something to be desired - they could not find my tires, two or three different people were looking on the tire racks *even when I told them I ordered them* - they ended up finding them in a little room near the cashier. They only charged me $55.00 TOTAL to install them. I am sure I was supposed to pay about $15 more, but when I questioned it, they said it was right. So a little bit of inconvenience to save some money every 6-8 years! I like the tires. I haven't slid around on wet pavement like I used to on my old tires. They also have road noise when I get up to 55-60 MPH so that is a downside on a trip, but for everyday driving it tells me how fast I am going. I would recommend them on the price. My old tires were so bad, anything would be better!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: