1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 35 Old 07-09-2015, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks chief!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
You were using run-flats? I have the Yoko Avid Envigors on my BMW 3-series and they're pretty harsh. Maybe you had a different series that were not run-flats.
No they weren't run-flats. I used to have the stock Duels (sp) on my MO, when I went to Envigors I noticed them being louder from the start, but as I got to 80,000k on them they were more noisier. Now with my new Mich's all I hear is the bumps in the road and no tire to road sound.
post #18 of 35 Old 07-19-2015, 08:28 AM

Garage
Tried my LX20 in the wet and they are impressive! Especially braking or accelerating hard from a stand still as if on dry pavement. Handling is quite good too; overall it reminds me of the Yokohama V4s I had on my 2008 Impreza replacing the awful OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE92A...

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 35 Old 07-26-2015, 04:00 PM

Garage
I had to do a panick stop on dry pavement last night and I was impressed with the short stopping distance. Handling on dry pavement is average as mentioned by CR and Tirerack but that's O.K. as I'm not an aggressive driver and this ain't no sports car either; perhaps inflating the tires a few PSI higher would help at the expense of ride quality. Bottom line, very happy with my new rubber!

Much better than Dueler 422 Ecopia I had on my 2012 RAV4, what a disappoinment. Would love to try Scorpion Verde All Season Plus for fun on another Mo...or another similar vehicle.

post #20 of 35 Old 09-22-2015, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Got a set of Nitto tires Motivo. Coming from Michelin tires, I would say it performs almost the same, but for a cheaper price.
post #21 of 35 Old 09-23-2015, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Got a set of Nitto tires Motivo. Coming from Michelin tires, I would say it performs almost the same, but for a cheaper price.
Performance doesn't mean as much as tire life. I going to be the Mich's will last longer than your Nitto's. And remember when buying a tire, you get what you pay for does apply big time!!
post #22 of 35 Old 05-24-2016, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have a 2016 Platinum with the stock 19inch wheels with the stock bridgstone dulers I want to switch to 18 inch wheels and new tires. Suggestion on smoothest tires, only need summer tires. also advise on the TPMS sensor switching. What to do to make sure the system will still work. I could use some advise on bolt circle diameter, offset, rim width, etc. The whole exercise is to improve the ride. thanks Gripper Don
post #23 of 35 Old 05-24-2016, 03:16 AM
HVT

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
We have the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on our 2011. Best riding, longest lasting tire I've ever owned. Haven't needed rebalancing in over 30k miles.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
post #24 of 35 Old 05-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
We have the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on our 2011. Best riding, longest lasting tire I've ever owned. Haven't needed rebalancing in over 30k miles.
Another vote for this tire. I ran it on my 07 and it was a great performer, quiet, and good handling.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #25 of 35 Old 05-24-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper Don View Post
I have a 2016 Platinum with the stock 19inch wheels with the stock bridgstone dulers I want to switch to 18 inch wheels and new tires. Suggestion on smoothest tires, only need summer tires. also advise on the TPMS sensor switching. What to do to make sure the system will still work. I could use some advise on bolt circle diameter, offset, rim width, etc. The whole exercise is to improve the ride. thanks Gripper Don
I bought the Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires last summer and they have been great. A great site to look at is Tirerack.com people who have these brand of tires and others have added their 2 cents as to how they have performed overall. I seemed to recall the Pirelli Scorpion Verde not performing as well as the Latitude Tour HP over all, I haven't checked in a while.

Good luck!
post #26 of 35 Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Looks like the Michelin Premier LTX is the tire this year.

Michelin*Premier LTX
post #27 of 35 Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 AM
HVT

Don't confuse the Pirelli Scorpion Verde with the new Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus. I had the regular Verdes' and the upgrade to the Verde Plus was definitely a nice upgrade.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
post #28 of 35 Old 05-25-2016, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
Don't confuse the Pirelli Scorpion Verde with the new Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus. I had the regular Verdes' and the upgrade to the Verde Plus was definitely a nice upgrade.
I am not confusing them. I the normal Verde had a great rating when I bought my AVID Envorg's many years ago but cost an arm and a leg to get. After my Envorg's wore out I checked Tire Rack again and the old Verde had a much lower rating than Latitude Tour's. I don't even see the plus's then and now, and I don't even see the old Verde tires now, I guess they just can't compete with the newer tires of today.

Thanks,
post #29 of 35 Old 05-25-2016, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
I am not confusing them. I the normal Verde had a great rating when I bought my AVID Envorg's many years ago but cost an arm and a leg to get. After my Envorg's wore out I checked Tire Rack again and the old Verde had a much lower rating than Latitude Tour's. I don't even see the plus's then and now, and I don't even see the old Verde tires now, I guess they just can't compete with the newer tires of today.

Thanks,
I just bought a set of the Scorpion Verde AS Plus, back in October. Tire Rack and this forum helped me decide on them. After 7500 miles, I don't regret the choice. Got the full set for $600 USD.

Pirelli*Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
post #30 of 35 Old 05-26-2016, 09:38 AM
HVT

Judging by the outstanding rating, this IS today's newer tire. lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: