User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 35 Old 02-14-2015, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
All Season Tires

I switched from Yokahama AVID ENVigor's to Michelin LT Latitude Tour HP's and the difference in the noise level and feel is night a day. My Yoka's were very noisy, I wonder if anyone has experienced this with Yoka's before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 06-26-2015, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been running Yokohama Parada Spec-X on our 2009 LE, and they have been great tires for us. Compared to the OEMs, they ride and handle nicer, and they are very quiet. In fact, I just had a new set put on this morning, having gotten 61K miles out of the previous set. Out the door at Discount Tire for $982, so I'm really happy. Les Schwab wanted over $1300. I think the Spec-X is a really good tire and I'd definitely recommend them.

2009 Murano LE - Platinum Graphite
post #3 of 35 Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
I switched from Yokahama AVID ENVigor's to Michelin LT Latitude Tour HP's and the difference in the noise level and feel is night a day. My Yoka's were very noisy, I wonder if anyone has experienced this with Yoka's before?
You were using run-flats? I have the Yoko Avid Envigors on my BMW 3-series and they're pretty harsh. Maybe you had a different series that were not run-flats.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 06-27-2015, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
I barely got 25k out of my parada specXs - great Ride and tremendous grip....maybe why they wore out so fast

Anyway, got Pirelli scorpions verde plus... I am driving much more conservatively now and hope to get 40k out of these. The ride is excellent, they are quiet and almost as good grip as specX, but definitely a harder rubber and green Eco technology for long life

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #5 of 35 Old 06-27-2015, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got my second set of Cooper CS4's on my '07 Murano. Worked great in the NJ winters, and now just as well in the Florida heat and downpours. I changed them out at abut 50,000 miles or so... not because they really needed it (had maybe 5/32" left), but I like more tread than that in the rain.. Always quiet, always handled well

Got 'em on sale at Pep Boys.. buy 3, get one free. $662.80, out the door installed with road hazard and lifetime balancing.

I think the CS4's might be going end-of life, but there still seem to be plenty around.... there's now a CS5, too

Dan
post #6 of 35 Old 07-03-2015, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went with Continental Crosstrack LX20 in January.

They do well in snow and sloppy mud imo. If they're noisy in the summer I can't tell over the AC rumble.
post #7 of 35 Old 07-03-2015, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
After hours of surfing the web, I'm also getting a set of LX20 installed on Monday afternoon; I will report later as I'm very fussy about noise and life is too short to go on with this little daily irritant; my alternative is to buy a 2015 which is much quieter....I'd rather spent a few hundred dollars on a new set of tires than a few thousands on a new vehicle!

My Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza are noisy at low speed and on rough pavement otherwise they perform much better than the OEM Eagle LS. The Alenza was among the top rated tires a few years ago but the competion caught up and surpassed it IMO. I ordered the "H" speed rated LX20 instead of the "T" as recommended by the tire dealer. I was also thinking about the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus and Toyo Versado CUV but he said the LX20 was a better choice for my needs (low noise and wet traction). I will try to sell my very low mileage Alenza's locally!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #8 of 35 Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck! I'm one of those who bought the Pirellis and I was very happy with the low road noise.

2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #9 of 35 Old 07-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Garage
Thanks Pilgrim. TireRack and CR rated the Pirelli and the Continental very close to each other especially in noise and comfort areas. In their tests, TireRack said the Pirelli was better on dry while the Conti was better in the wet but results can vary depending on the tire size, speed rating and vehicle...CR Nov '14 edition said similar things better braking in the wet for the Conti and better handling for the Pirelli. Two excellent tires IMO; however, not much comparative tests with the Toyo as TireRack doesn't sell it and CR didn't test it yet so I eliminated it and it's only available in "T" speed rating. To be followed with my personal findings!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #10 of 35 Old 07-05-2015, 10:35 PM
HVT

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I had the Pirelli Verdes and replaced them a short while ago with the new Pirelli Verde Plus. Much better tire than the old Verdes were. Holy cow what a smooth running quiet tire. Great in both wet and dry so far..
mattski likes this.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
post #11 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 08:26 AM

Garage
Good to know HVT, thanks! My tire dealer has a 30 day trial period so if I don't like my LX20 I could exchange them for Verde Plus and just pay mounting & balancing fees.

post #12 of 35 Old 07-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Garage
Just came back from the tire dealer and yes, they are quieter! They also seem to track better. Will report later on wet and dry braking...

post #13 of 35 Old 07-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Garage
I went for a short ride, floored the gas pedal and noticed no spinning from a stand still even on wet pavement. They are also quiet with or without the windows open. They also have rim protectors; nice as this is usually found only on low profile high performance tires but not on 65 profile. So far so good! Feels like a new upscale vehicle...

post #14 of 35 Old 07-09-2015, 08:19 AM

Garage
Could the admin move this thread to the tire section? Thanks!

post #15 of 35 Old 07-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Done.

2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page