Michelin Lat vs Pirelli Scorpion Verde Vs Falken ze950 for Murano All season Tires - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 05-26-2016, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Michelin Lat vs Pirelli Scorpion Verde Vs Falken ze950 for Murano All season Tires

Hi, I have some questions if people have some first-hand experiencewith this to be able to get a real life comparison. I have a 2009 Murano LEwith tire size P235/55R20. I usually do not put winter tires (which I know I shouldand will make a difference on ice and snow).

I did go online and read reviews and comparisons but stillbest is to find someone in the same situation as me.

So I am looking for an all-season tire that will perform as goodor better than what I have but at the same time don’t get too noisy.

At the moment I have Michelin Latitude Touring HP…someonline reviews put them as not being as good for ice and thread wear, while at CostcoI was told that Michelin are better than others in thread wear. Mine are wornand can’t tell how they were when new because I bought the car like this a yearago. I would say now I have at best 30 to 40% thread left on them. So far theyfeel quite on the road, maybe because they’re worn out?. Few days ago I was drivingon the highway on a cloudy day with some wet pavement, kind of slush. As soonas one side of the car touched the slush on the road edge, I fell the car driftingto the median, almost lost a control a bit. Not sure if the AWD helped or not.Anyway, now thinking to buy later some new all-season tires.

After some research I end up putting these other choices:

- Pirelli ScorpionVerde All Season Plus: Read some good reviews about quietness and handling, somereviews says not bad in winter.

- Falken Ziex ZE950 AS: Threads seem to be more aggressivethan other all-season tires which might be better in winter? On the other hand,would that tire pattern maybe add some noise ..

Who had the same situation with a Murano going from theMichelin Lat to one of the other ones I mentioned or vice versa and how can youcompare in terms of winter/snow/ice handling and also road noise?

Nissan Murano 2009 - LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-27-2016, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I went through the same process about a year ago with my 06 SE awd. I finally selected the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread all season tires. I live in Denver and we get a quite a bit of snow/ice and with them and the awd I do not need winter tires.

They are a bit noisy but you will have that with any all season tire, although not as much as winter tires. I would take a look at them and discuss with the Goodyear guy.

Rky
post #3 of 3 Old 05-31-2016, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rky, what did you have before your put the GD Assurance?

Nissan Murano 2009 - LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: