Chains for 20" Tires - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Chains for 20" Tires

I apologize for starting a new thread but I'm thoroughly confused and other chain related threads didn't answer my question.

I've got a 2011 AWD MO with the 20" tires. Are Class S chains OK to use on the vehicle/tires? Page 8-38 of the manual makes it sounds like a yes, but other threads here lead me to believe otherwise.

If yes, can anyone point me towards a specific product (chain or otherwise) they've had success with on the 235/55R20 tires?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-09-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok, perhaps I should clarify. I don't expect, or hope, to use chains on regular basis. However, I have heard recently that during California R2 it's becoming more common for Chain Control to want to see the chains being carried by 4WD/AWD's. To the point of having to get them out of the vehicle.

Some people say they simply bought a pair of the cheapest chains or cables they could find, not even the correct size, simply for show. That's well and good, but I figured I'd at least make an attempt to buy something safe/compatible with 235/55R20 tires. However, the debate in other threads has me confused if there are are compatible devices?

The Z-cable ZT735's sound like they could work with my vehicle, i.e. class S and fits 235/55/R20.

https://www.pepboys.com/product/deta...873?quantity=1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: