Toyo Proxes S/T: First impression - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 77 Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tyler, yes they sell the 255/60/18 Proxes S/T now in Canada. Toyo Canada even has a rebate of $120 per set of four which they are extending until the end of June. Quotes: Tire Depot / $249.86 each installed less rebate; 1010tires.com / $249.99 each plus shipping less rebate; Superior Tire / OK Tire in Scarborough $220.00 each cash and carry including rebate (they do not have equipment to install). All of the above plus taxes of course. Toyo is expecting more tires by the end of June. Do you still like yours??

<font color=chocolate>SOLD after 170,000 trouble free kilometers and replaced it with a Lexus GS450H (339 HP hybrid). Gone but not forgotten!

</font> 2003 SL Sunlit Copper / (formerly) Black Cloth / Sunroof / Canadian Version / Cargo Liner / Bumper Protector

<font color=chocolate>Modifications:</font> Color Keyed Dawn Body Side Moldings / Katzkin Aftermarket "Autumn" Full Leather Interior (same as instrument illumination colour) / JWT Pop Charger / Factory Hitch / OEM HID Headlight Conversion / SE Rims finished in Millenium Black Chrome by LA Wheel and Tire / Toyo Proxes ST 255/60/18 High Performance Summer Tires, (awesome!)

<font color=chocolate>Winter:</font> 2004 350Z 17" - 6 spoke Winter Rims / 235/65/17 Continental 4x4 WinterContact Performance Snow Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 77 Old 06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
SHIFT_FASTER

I got mine at www.bigwheels.net . They currently have them listed for $172 CAN plus shipping & tax. I don't know about the rebate.

Yes, I like them, although they've gotten quite noisy. The performance is great, even when pushed near the limits. :eek:

Midnight Blue '03 Murano SE, loaded (no nav)
Pet peeve: people with images or more than 4 lines in their signature.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 77 Old 06-07-2005, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

After about 10000 miles with them, I too am quite satisfy with the Toyo Proxes.

They are definitely noiser than the OEM Eagle LS, but the gain in dry and wet traction as well as handling outweights the noise factor. Looking at the tread I am pretty sure it will outlast the OEMs (I got only 37k miles out of the stock tires). The directional tread pattern and the extra 20mm of width makes the MO look more aggressive.

I will definitely get them again over the OEMs next time when I need tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 77 Old 06-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Thanks guys.....bigwheels lists the Toyos on their site today for US$138 each, plus US $300 (ouch) shipping for four tires. I'm going to hold out for Toyo Canada; I appreciate your comments, I want these tires!

<font color=chocolate>SOLD after 170,000 trouble free kilometers and replaced it with a Lexus GS450H (339 HP hybrid). Gone but not forgotten!

</font> 2003 SL Sunlit Copper / (formerly) Black Cloth / Sunroof / Canadian Version / Cargo Liner / Bumper Protector

<font color=chocolate>Modifications:</font> Color Keyed Dawn Body Side Moldings / Katzkin Aftermarket "Autumn" Full Leather Interior (same as instrument illumination colour) / JWT Pop Charger / Factory Hitch / OEM HID Headlight Conversion / SE Rims finished in Millenium Black Chrome by LA Wheel and Tire / Toyo Proxes ST 255/60/18 High Performance Summer Tires, (awesome!)

<font color=chocolate>Winter:</font> 2004 350Z 17" - 6 spoke Winter Rims / 235/65/17 Continental 4x4 WinterContact Performance Snow Tires
post #35 of 77 Old 06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
SHIFT_FASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by MO in TO
Thanks guys.....bigwheels lists the Toyos on their site today for US$138 each, plus US $300 (ouch) shipping for four tires. I'm going to hold out for Toyo Canada; I appreciate your comments, I want these tires!
Hmm, I think that's either a rough estimate or includes tax, because I paid $726 total US for mine, including shipping, NOT including tax (which shows up as customs fees). The number they say now is $852 US, a LOT more!

$726 US = $913 CAN + tax = $1050. I think I paid the dealer $16 per wheel to install, so that comes to about $1125.

The best deal you listed is $250 installed, which comes to $1150 with tax.

Close enough (assuming the shipping isn't really $300!). I'd go with Toyo Canada too, but I didn't have that option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 77 Old 06-15-2005, 06:22 PM

Toyo Canada came through and found four tires for me in Canada. They have 78 more on order which should be in soon. I opted for OK Tire in Scarborough as the pass through dealer, $220.00 each cash and carry after the $30.00 instant factory rebate which is on till the end of June. As soon as my rims arrive, I can finally shed my snow tires!

PS - I did come up with a good US price, which I was about to go for. Tiresavings.com offered them for US $132 per tire, plus only $141.92 for UPS shipping to Canada.

post #37 of 77 Old 06-28-2005, 10:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to dufunnel
I had a set of Toyo Proxes S/T on my F150 for awhile when I had my 23" wheels, and I did not like them at all. They were noisy and wore very badly. I only had them on for about 5,000 miles, but I was not impressed. After those I went to my BFG KDW 24" tires and I am very impressed with these. They have worn extremely well and ride very comfortably. The best thing is their traction. By far the best traction either wet or dry I have ever had. I am dreading having to replace them though. Quite pricy. I may have to go with the Nitto 420s, as non-directional tires would be quite nice.

I'm in the process of getting a set of them for the Murano with some 22's, so we'll see how those work. May be a good test.

2005 Black Murano SL (wife's car)
2006 GMC Envoy Denali (my everyday driver)
2001 F150 Supercrew King Ranch Supercharged (my toy)
post #38 of 77 Old 06-28-2005, 12:14 PM
SHIFT_FASTER

Well, my Toyo's are going to last a bit longer than the Goodyears, and I push them a lot harder too. They are really noisy, but the stopping traction really amazes me, especially when wet.

post #39 of 77 Old 09-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Love my Toyo's

I had my Toyo's installed a few weeks back, and now have over 3,000 km on them. I would like to report how pleased I am with the ride quality from a noise and handling perspective and I expect the treadwear to be at least as good as the Eagle LS's. The rain dispersion is outstanding due to the deeply cut directional tread, and the size of these tires is within a hair of the OEM, so the vehicle handling is not affected in any way other than what it was engineered for. The slightly wider footprint tucks nicely in the wheel well, and has an aggressive stance to it. Cornering with the Toyos takes greater advantage of the Mo's steering geometry, and grips superbly wet or dry! The thing I find most intriguing is the fact that my MO tracks down a highway with much less driver input required for the constant steering corrections needed, and this makes driving longer distances much more relaxing. I did a fair bit or research before buying these high-performance seasonal tires, and so far, I am very pleased with me decision
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	august 2005 010.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	11456  

post #40 of 77 Old 09-04-2005, 09:10 AM

Gotta ask now, with the Toyos being wider, have you noticed any gas milage losted?

2003 Murano SL AWD, Sheer Silver/Cafe latte. Leather Pkg/Premium Pkg/Sunroof/Dynamic Ctrl/Nav/X-Pel Rebuilt alternator
post #41 of 77 Old 09-04-2005, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dmako
Gotta ask now, with the Toyos being wider, have you noticed any gas milage losted?
In relative terms no, simply because it really depends how you drive the MO no matter what tires you run. Also, proper infaltion can have as much, or more impact on mileage than a slightly wider profile. While recently testing my resistance to speed on a long haul, I easily achieved well under 10 litres/100 km, about 24-25 mpg I guess (average speed 80-100 km/hr, 50-60 mph). On the flip side, when I punch it up a couple of notches over time, my combined city/highway is virtually identical to what the OEM's were @ 11.7 litres/100 km. which I am satisfied with.

post #42 of 77 Old 09-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have about 1000 km now on my Toyo Proxes ST 265/40/22's.
They have performed execptionally, even in quite wet conditions. They are a little bit noisy. Handling is much much better than the OEM 18's. Ride is slightly less comfortable over bumps as expected. Overall very happy with the Proxes. Have not noticed a difference in gas mileage.

MM
post #43 of 77 Old 09-07-2005, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to FlyerNo9
Unhappy FLAT

Got my 1st flat in the Murano last week.

The hole was in the inner sidewall of the Toyo.

It wasn't repairable so I had to drop another $165 on a new one.

2016 Black / Black Leather AWD Platium
---
2003 Glacier Pearl/Cafe Leather AWD SL (sold)
post #44 of 77 Old 09-07-2005, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by MO in TO

In relative terms no, simply because it really depends how you drive the MO no matter what tires you run. Also, proper infaltion can have as much, or more impact on mileage than a slightly wider profile. While recently testing my resistance to speed on a long haul, I easily achieved well under 10 litres/100 km, about 24-25 mpg I guess (average speed 80-100 km/hr, 50-60 mph). On the flip side, when I punch it up a couple of notches over time, my combined city/highway is virtually identical to what the OEM's were @ 11.7 litres/100 km. which I am satisfied with.
What pressure to you keep them at?

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
post #45 of 77 Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rjardine

What pressure to you keep them at?
I try to keep them around 34....cold. I tend to carry medical test equipment and average a 150-200 lb. load in the rear, so my figures are based on that

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: