LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-27-2003, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
hail 2 the snail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AWD without VDC

okay........

i was unaware the awd could have the skid control package..... or i might have researched it more thoroughly...

how does this system work with awd ???

or does it??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-----my site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-----not my site

<----- solid resale gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 02:53 AM
Super Senior Member

See these threads:

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...=&threadid=495
https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...=&threadid=369
https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...=&threadid=112
https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...s=&threadid=85
https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/s...=&threadid=565

|
|
post #3 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
hail 2 the snail

thanks enforcer......

good reads!!

knowledge is power!

in florida, VDC wouldbe mostly useful for the heavy rain downpours, but, the awd is a lso gonna be helpful then./.....

to clarify, my awd is on all of the time, and when i push the lock button, the poiwer is a 50/50 split??

thnx again

eSe

<-----my site

<-----not my site

<----- solid resale gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Super Senior Member

Yes sort of. The AWD is electronically engaged when the computer detects it needs to. The AWD lock button provides a computer overide 50/50 split only under 18 mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	awd.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	8500  

|
|
post #5 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
hail 2 the snail

a ha!!

i am going to my dealer this week to meet with them in regards to my sat radio BS... i will also ask them as to why i was pushing the autolock feature at 60mph to (their words) "shift from fwd to awd mode"......

thank goodness it was the test car not mine

enf- either you can clean the underbelly of your car , or thas a file photo.... either way, nice imagery of the trans. case....

i see a part that appears a bit weak, or thin........ can you guess????? (am looking to replace this amongst other easy to-do goodies)

<-----my site

<-----not my site

<----- solid resale gold
post #6 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Super Senior Member

When I bought the Z and MO, I had the dealer put it on the rack and I took underside photos for my website. They of course thought I was .

It doesn't hurt to press the AWD lock at 60mph, the computer just ignores it above 18mph.

I don't know of any aftermarket stabilizer bars for the MO.

|
|
post #7 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
hail 2 the snail

Quote:
Originally posted by Enforcer
When I bought the Z and MO, I had the dealer put it on the rack and I took underside photos for my website. They of course thought I was .

It doesn't hurt to press the AWD lock at 60mph, the computer just ignores it above 18mph.

I don't know of any aftermarket stabilizer bars for the MO.
in a good way brother........

per the OM, you are not to use the autolock feature in dry conditions/pavement.....

now im thinking i misunderstood this all.......

dang!

<-----my site

<-----not my site

<----- solid resale gold
post #8 of 9 Old 09-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Super Senior Member

Well...I wouldn't run with the lock on all the time. That pic is of the AWD control unit and rear differential. Remember, this car is primarily FWD. Don't know if extended use would hurt it, but the AWD is for slippery conditions, not dry pavement. I would think consume more gas or wear tires...something along those lines.

|
|
post #9 of 9 Old 09-30-2003, 11:58 PM

I have felt some binding in the drive train while taking tight corners on dry pavement in AWD. To me, that's a good sign! But obviously, not a good habit!

The Nissan Murano... Love at first drive!
But this is what I drive these days... Does a 12.21 second 1/4 mile @117.7 mph.

Coming next spring... a 440 Hemi. That should kick some behind.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: