P0302... need SMOG test done asap. - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 18 Old 06-06-2017, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Yes, it is still reset today...no CEL. Also, today I went to autozone and nothing new is popping up on their scanner (although my old codes were in their system on the computer..I guess associated to my VIN?).

Anyways, I went ahead and put in 91 octane (Cali premium) and put in a full bottle of the Techron complete fuel system cleaner and some seafoam (this has kept the CEL off for a while in the past).

Also, I may have to agree with deeman on the P0302 following and tripping when the P0420 is present. I say this because if the coil or plug were a big issue, it should be popping up in the #4 cylinder now...unless I need to give it some more time.

Anyways, I'll keep driving it tomorrow. If it doesn't pop back up, I may pull into a SMOG testing station and get the test done. I should have about 100 miles on the car since it turned off...but we'll see what happens by tomorrow afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 06-06-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

PASSED. Decided to go to a local smog place and explained to the guy what my situation has been. He did a pre-test and said that it should pass. I believe he was a lot more laid back on the test than the first place I had it done two years ago, when I first moved to California...as far as the physical inspection goes.

Seems like the higher octane and some fuel cleaner/seafoam does the trick for the P0420 code. The P0302 is still a mystery. The guy told me that if the code doesn't get triggered again and includes cylinder #4 for the misfire, then it could still also be a cylinder #2 injector issue. Again, I do believe that it may just be a random code being triggered whenever the actual P0420 comes one...

...but I'll check for codes again once the CEL does turn back on. I'm still curious to see if cylinder #4 pulls anything up.
deeman likes this.
post #18 of 18 Old 11-17-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitely View Post
Its possible that the 302 is being tripped by the 420. I would eliminate the 420 code first by attaching the anti fouler on your O2 sensor bank 1. For <5 bucks its a great fix. Then, see if your 302/304 code comes back. If it does, and it followed the coil pack from 2-4, then you know which one to change. Cheapest way to do it I think.

Look here...Code p0430:change one or both OS sensors - Nissan Forum

And here....2003-2007 Nissan Murano Air/Fuel Ratio and O2 Sensor Location | Nissanhelp.com
Although everything is running okay with my vehicle today, and I did pass the smog test in June, I would like to add the anti-fouler to my car because I am still constantly running the P0420 code. Could someone explain which exact O2 sensor I have to tackle to add this anti-fouler? I would like to get this done today if possible. I did see it saying "Bank 1"...but is that sensor 1 or 2? What's my best way to approach it from outside of the vehicle? Is it from under the hood or under the car?

The CEL and horrible gas mileage is something that I'd like to fix for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: