Goodbye to my Murano! - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goodbye to my Murano!

Well, I finally decided that it was time to sell (trade actually) my beloved Murano. My 05 MO SL was a great vehicle in its day but it was nearing a point of really expensive repairs, so I traded it.

My neighbour had the identical one and they just traded theirs because #3 cylinder was gone and it was a $2500 repair. They moved on to a used BMW. This made me consider the MO. Last fall I decided to drive it to the ground. It was in great shape body wise, no rust (amazing for Canada) and the paint still shone like new. I really did maintain it well if I may say so.

I just put a new grill on it, replaced the back hatch struts (all for less than $100) and realized that if I was going to keep it, I needed new struts and shocks all around. The exhaust is a bit noisy as well. Also, I had 186,00 kms on it (120,000 miles) so the warranty on the CVT was almost done.

Around my city, I see 05 MO SLs for $10k to $12k, however with half the miles. My MO would be worth $8k probably after fixing the struts. Basically it came down to throwing good money after bad.

When I bought the MO it was our long distance vehicle. That has recently changed as I now own a Ford F150 Crew cab that huals everything I could want as well as my boat. The MO is now our 2nd car and it sucks on gas. It rides like a tank too so it's time is now.

I traded it on a 2013 Mazda 3 Sport with the Skyactiv system. This gets 40% better mileage in the city than the MO got on the highway! It isn't a MO but it has most of what our MO did. Nice car, like the manual automatic, great on gas. I traded the MO for $5200.

I enjoyed the resources of this forum. Great info, great help, etc. Keep up the good work! Unfortunately I won't be back much. Got to check out the Mazda 3 forums! LOL

My 6 year old daughter cried herself to sleep last night because she missed our beloved MO. She really was heartbroken. Must have been the good memories in it.

Anyways, thanks again.

Dave Watts
Kingston, ON
Canada

2005 SL AWD Sunlit Copper Canadian Edition
Colgon Bra
Rear Step Bumper Cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2013, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like my MO as well but since buying it four months ago it as seen the garage more then i thought.... i have to admit i regret buying it. I might just end up trading for a infiniti fx45 or look for a +05 lexus rx

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: