Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   1st Gen (2003-2007) (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/)
-   -   Unknown engine bay noise (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/222726-unknown-engine-bay-noise.html)

Micah Balmores 05-15-2019 09:49 PM

Unknown engine bay noise
 
Over the past few months I've had this noise coming from the left bay of my engine. Over time it got louder and to the point that I could hear it while in the cabin. It's sort of like a bubbling noise. Searched all over the web to find someone else with it but just couldn't pin point. Took it to a local shop and they couldn't find what I was talking about (probably new guys).
Has anyone had this problem or possibly know what the issue could be?

2006 Nissan Murano SL

I need coffee 05-15-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah Balmores (Post 740820)
Over the past few months I've had this noise coming from the left bay of my engine. Over time it got louder and to the point that I could hear it while in the cabin. It's sort of like a bubbling noise. Searched all over the web to find someone else with it but just couldn't pin point. Took it to a local shop and they couldn't find what I was talking about (probably new guys).
Has anyone had this problem or possibly know what the issue could be?

2006 Nissan Murano SL

By "left" do you mean the side where the belts are (i.e. passenger side) or the driver side?
Are fluid levels in all the reservoirs normal?
Any other symptoms as far as when the sound does or does not happen (e.g. only when the AC is on)?

Micah Balmores 05-15-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I need coffee (Post 740832)
By "left" do you mean the side where the belts are (i.e. passenger side) or the driver side?
Are fluid levels in all the reservoirs normal?
Any other symptoms as far as when the sound does or does not happen (e.g. only when the AC is on)?

Correct. Belt side of the engine bay. (looking at the engine, not in cabin)
Fluid levels are all perfect. Recently had the coolant flushed and refilled.
The sound will not be present when engine is cold. Only when engine is warmed up is when it will be present.
A/C being hot or cold, circulating or not, the noise will be present.

Here is a video of the noise


I need coffee 05-16-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah Balmores (Post 740836)
Correct. Belt side of the engine bay. (looking at the engine, not in cabin)
Fluid levels are all perfect. Recently had the coolant flushed and refilled.
The sound will not be present when engine is cold. Only when engine is warmed up is when it will be present.
A/C being hot or cold, circulating or not, the noise will be present.

Here is a video of the noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRl2...ature=youtu.be

Did the noise start to happen after the cooling system was flushed? If so, perhaps a pocket of air is in the system. Otherwise, I'd suggest going around with a mechanic's stethoscope and seeing if you can pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from.

Micah Balmores 05-18-2019 09:19 PM

Updating everyone. Supposedly it is the timing chain on it. I know its going to be expensive but waiting for an forsake answer to know what it is

Robotaz 05-18-2019 09:54 PM

Sounds like a belt tensioner to me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome