User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cigarette Lighter Fuse

Hey guys,
My power ports failed, so I figured out that 15A fuse (front power port) was blown so I replaced it and they are all working again.
However in the process I noticed on the fuse diagram on the back of the plastic cover there is a 15A fuse for cigarette lighter... Problem is my car doesn't have a cigarette lighter (2004 Murano).
I used this fuse as the replacement for the blown front power port fuse... I hope this fuse isn't needed for anything..
Anyone explain why there is an apparently unnecessary 15A fuse ?? Any problem leaving it open?

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2019, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Im not an expert but i remember i n my previous car there were some spare fuses.

Also which fuse did u change? My lighter doesnt work either, I guess i need to change fuse?. Can u take a pic plz
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just read a thread regarding the 'cig lighter' that stated this was non-functional circuit on the muranos (legacy I guess).

If your power ports aren't working I'd suggest checking all the blue fuses on the inside fuse box -- the one that was fried on mine was #7 .
I believe there is a 2nd fuse for the rear power port (in the trunk) - #17 ?. The rear port depends on BOTH fuses so it will also not work if #7 is fried.
They are both blue 15A, so just check all the blue ones (there are only 4-5 of them) and see if any of them are fried and replace as needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muranomike View Post
I just read a thread regarding the 'cig lighter' that stated this was non-functional circuit on the muranos (legacy I guess).

If your power ports aren't working I'd suggest checking all the blue fuses on the inside fuse box -- the one that was fried on mine was #7 .
I believe there is a 2nd fuse for the rear power port (in the trunk) - #17 ?. The rear port depends on BOTH fuses so it will also not work if #7 is fried.
They are both blue 15A, so just check all the blue ones (there are only 4-5 of them) and see if any of them are fried and replace as needed.
Thanks, I will check it out. Btw do your gear selector and glove box have a bulb ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: