1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pilgrim

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 05-20-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My mo 07 doesnt have fog light...

Hiya. I was looking at some other cars and saw they mostly have fog lights i was like ok no problem i can install them myself. But then i realized the fog light button on the lever or whatever the name is is missing too.

So does anyone know how can i add fog light? When theres no key to turn them on inside the car?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2019, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Webster View Post
Hiya. I was looking at some other cars and saw they mostly have fog lights i was like ok no problem i can install them myself. But then i realized the fog light button on the lever or whatever the name is is missing too.

So does anyone know how can i add fog light? When theres no key to turn them on inside the car?

Thank you
Other's may speak up, but I believe all wiring is already there for the fog lights. You can buy a headlight stick with fog light switch at a junk/recycle yard and have it installed. Any fog lights designed for the 1st Gen Murano should be plug and play installation to the bumper and wiring.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires

Last edited by PaulDay; 05-20-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Change from 2nd to 1st Gen
post #3 of 5 Old 05-20-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDay View Post
Other's may speak up, but I believe all wiring is already there for the fog lights. You can buy a headlight stick with fog light switch at a junk/recycle yard and have it installed. Any fog lights designed for the 2nd Gen Murano should be plug and play installation to the bumper and wiring.

Have a good day.
Thank you. I wasnt sure if headlight stick can be changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was wondering how hard it would be to change the headlight stick? I already bought used fog lights and not installed them yet. I had considered getting a fog light wiring harness and either getting one that had a wireless remote switch, or hard wiring them to work as daytime running lights, but if it's easy to replace the stick, and all the wires are already there, may just install them the way the factory intended instead.

2007 Nissan Murano S
post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
I suggest you take a moment and consider the cost/benefit side of this.

Most fog lights are nothing of the type - they're not helpful in fog, they just add inexpensive lights with round, unfocused lenses which crate diffused light that either illuminates nothing or irritates drivers coming the other way.

I would welcome opinions from Murano drivers as to whether the Nissan fog lights actually serve the function for which they are named. Most do not.

Also, there is time and cost involved in adding them, and particularly in adding the control. If you want them because you think they look cool, I suggest the benefit is very low relative to the cost. However, if you're a good DIY type with experience working on cars, it's a pretty easy thing to do, although messing with steering column stuff can get complex. If all it costs you is a couple of used lights and a column switch from a wrecking yard, and the rest is up to your labor, that's pretty low cost. If you have to pay someone to install them, it's going to cost parts plus 2-3 hours labor.

If you want real fog lights that are functional in foggy situations, you are probably better off getting PIAA lights specifically designed for fog use and having a pro shop install them on front mounts along with a dash-mounted switch to turn them on in the very rare situations where real fog lights are useful. Of course, they would only be useful when used with low beams, not high beams, so I'd install the switch on a relay with the low beams so that you could have low beams only or low beams with fog lights. The lights and a dash switch and relay would probably cost less than adding the factory lights and steering column switch.
deeman likes this.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: