2006 - Heater Core Replacement / Check - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2006 - Heater Core Replacement / Check

I am looking for any how to's to get me to the heater core. The radiator blew off steam yet again and engine temps went through the roof. I have had the thermostat replace a while back and it appears that the radiator is leaking. But to add insult to injury the passenger side floorboard is also wet. Not with water from the AC but good ol' antifreeze. Which leads me to only one conclusion... The heater core has sprung a leak or the hose connected to it is clogged. Either way I'm to the point of just bypassing the core but I need to get to it! This is where the how to's and reference material would be helpful. I have done google searches and searched these forums too.

I have checked the hoses the best that I can and with the water leaking from the front and from inside I have come to the radiator and heater core as the only answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-04-2019, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
I am looking for any how to's to get me to the heater core. The radiator blew off steam yet again and engine temps went through the roof. I have had the thermostat replace a while back and it appears that the radiator is leaking. But to add insult to injury the passenger side floorboard is also wet. Not with water from the AC but good ol' antifreeze. Which leads me to only one conclusion... The heater core has sprung a leak or the hose connected to it is clogged. Either way I'm to the point of just bypassing the core but I need to get to it! This is where the how to's and reference material would be helpful. I have done google searches and searched these forums too.

I have checked the hoses the best that I can and with the water leaking from the front and from inside I have come to the radiator and heater core as the only answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Here is the service manual for your car: Index of /FSM/Murano/2006

The information you seek is in the file titled "atc.pdf" on page 124. If you have some useful tips after doing the job, be sure to post back as it may help others that have the same problem. Good luck!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-21-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I ended up not attempting it myself. The way the heater core is enclosed with components of the AC made it too difficult. Needing the equipment to bleed the AC leaves this job out of my hands. They made nothing simple on this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
I ended up not attempting it myself. The way the heater core is enclosed with components of the AC made it too difficult. Needing the equipment to bleed the AC leaves this job out of my hands. They made nothing simple on this car.
Unfortunately not an unusual configuration in terms of connecting AC and heat. But normally this is a one-time-only event for any particular car.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo